WHY does SNL sound suck so bad?

CoolCat

I happened by SNL and the sound was worse than a beginner with sht in his ears.

It was Kanye singing and others and no vocals could be heard, nothing could be heard but some nasty crap sounding guitar.

SNL has always sucked pretty bad but tonight might have been the # 1 Worst SNL sound guy job yet.

Just seems weird these days with all the gear and automation etc...

it was so bad, Im amazed really.....in how bad it sucked.

Anyone else hear it?

I happened by SNL and the sound was worse than a beginner with sht in his ears.

It was Kanye singing and others and no vocals could be heard, nothing could be heard but some nasty crap sounding guitar.

SNL has always sucked pretty bad but tonight might have been the # 1 Worst SNL sound guy job yet.

Just seems weird these days with all the gear and automation etc...

it was so bad, Im amazed really.....in how bad it sucked.

Anyone else hear it?

I wanted to check it out anyways. The bands usually do not sound very good, I agree. Really hollow and empty sounding, if I recall correctly. I'll check it out in a bit :thumbs up:

Ive always noticed they were a poor show of audio, even with big name acts. Rarely it would sound average.
This is gone on for decades. Ihavent watched it really for a couple years or more and last night I caught it and was amazed in the horrific tv sound.

Reading more on the internet its well mentioned how it sucks, but one article says it has to do with the "tv feed" and the in house probably sounds ok.
So I don't know anything about tv feed audio....but it was so bad it was funny.

i bet it's all the limiting they put on the audio before broadcast. Fox network is the worst when it comes to that. So much distorted sibilance.

I wish I had a clip of it, dang.... imagine vocals and drums and everything set on the faders about 3....

then the lead distorted guitar about 12....

Back