WhiteStrat's Vacation Thread

Strat, where you at?

I'm on vacation at the Grand Canyon. Will be posting pictures soon. I thought we'd have some pictures from you by now.

I've never been on a cruise, but mrs. chef and I have been talking about it for early august. We live close to Galveston, and a few leave from there, but they don't look like they're the best.

Haven't made it to the grand canyon yet, but this little old mining town of Jerome was incredible. Now it's a little slice of Americana that thrives on art and alcohol sales. Incredible views. Here's some pics

Attachments

• P1010024.jpg
    P1010024.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010035.jpg
    P1010035.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010032.jpg
    P1010032.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 23
  • P1010039.jpg
    P1010039.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 22
Strat, where you at?

I'm on vacation at the Grand Canyon. Will be posting pictures soon. I thought we'd have some pictures from you by now.

Not Grand Canyon, but I did see Grand Cayman (as well as a couple other islands). Sorry 'bout the lack of pics--the connection was horrible--just enough to let our guest send an email back home every other day (a very nervous family was waiting to hear from her).

I'll get some pics up later tonight--just got in!

Okay, no pics during the vacation, but here's a few. First up:

1) The beach behind our hotel in Miami. (We stayed there for 2 days before we got on the cruise ship.)

2) My son and his girlfriend at dinner (one of the 2 "formal nights") on the ship.

3) Exploring one of the rougher beaches on the east side of Cozumel.

4) Albertos Restaurant--right on the beach on the island of Cozumel. The served for lunch what they caught that morning. Best Mahi Mahi I ever had. (They brought out the whole fish and let you pick!)

Attachments

• 01_southbeach.jpg
    01_southbeach.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 02_dinner.jpg
    02_dinner.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 03_cozbeach.jpg
    03_cozbeach.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 04_albertos.jpg
    04_albertos.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 14
Next batch of four:

1) A resort style beach on the west side of Cozumel. (Killer snorkeling here--underwater pics to follow)

2) Rented a car a couple days later on Grand Cayman (first time I ever drove on the "wrong" side of the road--weird!) and drove for about an hour to find Rum Point--an incredible swimming beach. The water was about 4 feet deep and crystal clear for a good quarter mile off the beach. I called it the world's largest swimming pool.

3) A view of Ocho Rios, Jamaica from the deck of the ship.

4) Climbing Dunn's Falls in Jamaica

Attachments

• 05_cozbeach.jpg
    05_cozbeach.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 06_cayman.jpg
    06_cayman.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 07_jamaica.jpg
    07_jamaica.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 08_falls.jpg
    08_falls.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 14
Final batch of four (for now!). All underwater pics taken while snorkeling off of the island of Cozumel.

Attachments

• 09_underwater.jpg
    09_underwater.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 10_underwater.jpg
    10_underwater.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 11_underwater.jpg
    11_underwater.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 13
  • 12_underwater.jpg
    12_underwater.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 13
Strat, you have a handsome family. You must be proud. Nice underwater shots too. Looks like it was a great vacation.

Back