WhiteStrat's Vacation Thread

WhiteStrat

Don't stare at the eye.
Oh the vanity of it all! If you don't care about my vacation, that's okay. But I'll miss the chit chat--musical and otherwise.

I'm leaving tomorrow and I should have 'net access at least a few minutes a day starting Sunday. So I'm starting this thread now to save a few minutes then, and I'll try to post a couple/few pics each day next week.

Hey Strat...I care !!....where are you going on vacation to, if I may ask?:)

I'm flying to Miami tomorrow, then getting on a cruise ship Sunday. We're flying to Miami--lemme back up. My wife is already coincidentally down there on business, so she's eagerly waiting for us. And since my daughter just got married and cruises only make sense in even numbers, we're taking my son's girlfriend as the fourth. (While we're excited to share the trip with her--that means I'm rooming with my son, and my wife is rooming with the sons GF :( Oh well...)

So tomorrow my son, his GF and I fly out at noon. We'll meet up w/Mrs. Strat and hang in Miami for a couple days. Then we sail away! :D

That sounds great...!! I love Florida and have yet to go to Miami. And to think...I could have hired on as your Spank Mistress to chaperon(as you've already read, I have a great resume';))...and my #5 paddle guarantees no misbehaving where behaving counts...:eek::D

You and Mrs Strat have a great time with the kiddos !!! Looking forward to some pics!!:)

Thanks True! I've just got to finish a project, then pack :eek: then sleep for 2 hours, then go to the office for 2 hours, then come back home, then go to the airport...

Sounds like a lot, but I'm running on adrenaline now, and I'm stoked! :D

Stoked is good!!! Especially on vacation!!:D

I'm off to bed myself! Last time I stayed up this late, they called me into work early next morning...surprize!!!:eek:

Bon Voyage and be safe my friend!

Have fun...I just got back from a 2 week bender....and can't wait to leave again....:D

Have fun, Strat. Don't eat too much, the food is free.:eek: I did the Western Caribbean, Key West (which is crumby) Cozumel, which is cool (great colimari and Coronas on the beach really cheap - go snorkeling there;)) and Belize (cave tubing - scraping my ass on the bottom of the river)

I've always wanted to do the Eastern Caribbean. Maybe someday.:)

Oh, BTW the ships have computers that are free that you can use.

Have fun, Strat. Don't eat too much, the food is free.:eek: I did the Western Caribbean, Key West (which is crumby) Cozumel, which is cool (great colimari and Coronas on the beach really cheap - go snorkeling there;)) and Belize (cave tubing - scraping my ass on the bottom of the river)

I've always wanted to do the Eastern Caribbean. Maybe someday.:)

Oh, BTW the ships have computers that are free that you can use.

Yeah I've been a few times. We're doing Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Cozumel. Jamaice and the Caymans will be a first, but we've been to and loved Cozumel. (Just packed new snorkeling gear last night!)

You should try the Eastern Caribbean too--I've done that one as well: St. Thomas, St. John, St. Maarten--really beautiful islands.

And yes--the food is free!!!

(great colimari and Coronas on the beach really cheap
I love Calamari..well...I guess I love some of it, depending on preparation and quality of squid.

The squid out of New Zealand waters is quite delicious! It is hard to find it around here in the midwest...and my first experience with it years ago was not a good one...but I bravely ventured out and gave it another try a few years back and loved it...of course it had been frozen...but it was great....ever so slightly sweet and clean tasting...sadly after a year or so, they discontinued it....I suppose not many felt as I did about it.

I would love to try some freshly caught and prepared Calamari!!

Eat some Calamari for us Strat!!!!:D

I've never gone the cruiseship route, but my wife & I took a Caribbean vacation 10 years or so ago. We flew out of Miami and ended up in Trinidad, there were lots of rain forests and amazing creatures to be found as well. We also went to Tobago, a smaller island closer to the South American coastline near Venuzuela-and the snorkeling was absolutely fantastic there.

My wife snapped a picture of a beautiful sunset in Tobago that is totally breathtaking to us, we had the driver stop the bus as we all got out to enjoy it, within 5 minutes the horizon was dark. The picture is below......:)
TobagoSunset-1.jpg

Beautiful pic Anfontan! Those are the sites I'm after.

No pics from me yet. Today was just a crazy travel day. I'm down in the lobby of the hotel in Miami, using the WiFi to pay bills online and check in with you guys. It's a great hotel though--the Holiday Inn Oceanfront--the backyard is the ocean. Quite beautiful (probably even more so when I see it in the daylight tomorrow). So tomorrow we play in Miami Beach then start the cruise Sunday.

Later!

Don't talk monkey balls, that's a still from the original time machine film, when mr rod taylor jumps into the future ;)

Rod%20Taylor-Time%20Machine.jpg

If that truly is where you're going beware of some of the chicks they're real ruff lookin'

time%20machine.gif

Hope you enjoy yourself mr. white, havn't had a holiday for 6 years, but i'm not jealous, honest :p

Enjoy!!

HOLIDAYS - Yay! I'm up for a 2 week stay at home vacation at the end of the coming week.
Lots of school work to do at home (including learning a brand new assessment & reporting program that I have to teach to the staff on the 1st day back) but I'll still be able to skive off downstairs to "The Cave" & play with stuff.
White Strat - enjoy the time with family & don't think about work too much - afterall there'll be enough of it waiting for you when you get back.
Squid - beautiful but so hard to do properly - either fast, furious & a few moments or ever so slow and long - a bit like sex really I suppose.
Had Salt'n'Pepper Squid last Monday - YUM (fast & furious version).
Here's a classic for you - I grew up in one of the suburbs of a Sydney satellite city (Cabramatta outside Fairfield) - miles form anywhere & particularly from the sea. The place had an enormous migrant population (Pommies & Micks then Polish, Yugoslavian, German then South American then S.E.Asian) so the fishmongers do a storming business: the seafood is plentiful, fairly cheap & FRESH.
I now live 200m (as in a bit more than 200 yards) from the Tasman Sea (that's the ditch between Australia & New Zealand) & the best place to get seafood around here is - YOU GUESSED IT - back in Fairfeld & Cabramatta. Good, fresh seafood can't be had for love or money down where I live - it's all exported & not much hangs about as there's not a large enough to demand. What is available (mostly frozen prawns, frozen fish - fresh stuff - I look at the eyes & walk away) is incredibly expensive.
So, True, I feel for you - but at least you have a geographical excuse!
Strat - don't forget the hat & sunscreen! Don't want to see a red'n'white strat!
One last question...
Budgie Smugglers or Board Shorts?

HOLIDAYS - Yay! I'm up for a 2 week stay at home vacation at the end of the coming week.
Have a great stay at home with your family Ray!!:)

Squid - beautiful but so hard to do properly - either fast, furious & a few moments or ever so slow and long - a bit like sex really I suppose.
I love it when you aussies talk dirty!!!!:D

I now live 200m (as in a bit more than 200 yards) from the Tasman Sea (that's the ditch between Australia & New Zealand) & the best place to get seafood around here is - YOU GUESSED IT - back in Fairfeld & Cabramatta. Good, fresh seafood can't be had for love or money down where I live - it's all exported & not much hangs about as there's not a large enough to demand. What is available (mostly frozen prawns, frozen fish - fresh stuff - I look at the eyes & walk away) is incredibly expensive.
So, True, I feel for you - but at least you have a geographical excuse!
LOL..yah I guess I do!!!

One last question...
Budgie Smugglers or Board Shorts?
Board Shorts!!! They seem to go well with SHED things...:D:p

I can't believe I missed this thread!!!

Have a good time, dude. I would if I were in your shoes... (and in about 3 weeks, I will be!!!! :D )

My missus refers to them a dick stickers!
Traditionally we've called Speedos after the brand name (from the late 50's I think) but budgie smugglers appears to have the currency of late - good visual image too - obviously relates to cold days at the beach rather than the even more traditional meat & 2 potatoes.
Though I recall my mother once with a smiling aside that went "all that meat & no potatoes!"

Back