When I can make this, I will die pleased!

He is a freaking genius. "In Your Eyes" still gives me chills. There is an amazing power in his delivery.

Gabriel has always been a higher class of artist.
His first five solo albums, ending with So are pure works of art....not just "music albums".

The Alan Parsons Project and Peter Gabriel albums from the mid '70s to mid '80s were staples in my bag-o-cassette tapes that I carried in my car and with my Walkman.

I am very influenced from a production perspective by these albums....the density of their productions, yet great balance and clarity, so that all the ear candy comes through...it's something I've chased after.

Here's a recent live clip of him doing "Biko".

Meh. People are always telling me to listen to early Genesis... Foxtrot, Nursey Cryme etc, and I do, and I still can't stand it.. I don't know why.
Could be the posey self-conscious English highbrow-ness of it all, could be his voice, maybe both.

I think when Genesis split, Phil and co went their way and Gabriel went his way, they actually became better in my ears. The early stuff, like Pink Floyd, not a big fan.

When I can make that, I will want to die because it would mean that all of my rock and roll DNA has gone impotent.

Meh. People are always telling me to listen to early Genesis... Foxtrot, Nursey Cryme etc, and I do, and I still can't stand it.. I don't know why.
Could be the posey self-conscious English highbrow-ness of it all, could be his voice, maybe both.

I can listen to it and don't mind bits of it, but I get what you mean... I like the music sometimes but when there are lyrics about giant hogweed & Epping Forest I wonder what the hell I'm listening to... if I'm in a Genesis mood I tend to go for Lamb/Trick/Wuthering.... two of which are post-Gabriel

Back