whats the deal with income taxes????

ok....31 views....are you guys watching this video??? makin me feel like im pissed about nothing...

not just me....thats the point...we are all being shit on...I cant believe that this can continue....if it is infact true...which I believe it is....and the entire population of the US decided to say "Fuck off"..What can they do?

not just me....thats the point...we are all being shit on...I cant believe that this can continue....if it is infact true...which I believe it is....and the entire population of the US decided to say "Fuck off"..What can they do?
Put you in jail one at a time.

The US already has more people per capita behind bars than any nation on the planet, and that includes some pretty fierce despotic dictatorships.

well...according to that video...I believe the figure was 18,000,000. Thats how many Americans have decided to stop filing income taxes. I hardly think they can put the entire country in jail...I know people will continue to be jailed over this....but it has to evenutally come to an end...how can you be jailed for something that there is absolutely no law for?

well...according to that video...I believe the figure was 18,000,000. Thats how many Americans have decided to stop filing income taxes. I hardly think they can put the entire country in jail...I know people will continue to be jailed over this....but it has to evenutally come to an end...how can you be jailed for something that there is absolutely no law for?
And you're gonna take the word of some funky Internet Video and tell the cops to, "Come and Get me?"

Good luck, my bruthah.

http://www.timecube.com/

And you're gonna take the word of some funky Internet Video and tell the cops to, "Come and Get me?"

Good luck, my bruthah.

http://www.timecube.com/

funky internet video huh??? did you even watch it??? Just the first 15 mins even.... I dont have to take their word...they just clued me in on the law.....so I challenge YOU to show me the law that says we have to pay....the constitution is easy enough to find online....

They probably won't put you in jail, but they can seize your bank accounts, garnish your wages, and do other horrible things to your body.

Go ahead, mess with them. It might take them a few years to catch up, but that's OK, if you never file, then the statute of limitations never starts to run, and they will go back to the dawn of time and assess taxes, interest, and penalties . . .

I am a tax accountant, so this is very old, boring news to me. Suffice to say the 16th Amendment WAS ratified, and 26 USC gives plenty o' authority to tax you.

But don't take my word for it. Be a real man and stop filing (be sure to cut off your withholding too, otherwise you are a big puss). Better yet, file a return showing no income and with the perjury statement crossed out, claiming that you are not a citizen of the US, just the state in which you reside, which does not make you subject to federal income tax. Make sure to include a map to your house :D

Then, after they assess you, you have three choices:

1) Pay what you owe
2) Contest the assessment in US Tax Court (you will lose, and be fined $5K+ for making frivolous arguments)
3) Pay what you owe, and sue for a refund in US District Court (you will lose)

Either can be appealed to US Court of Appeals (you will lose), which can be appealed to the US Supreme Court (you will not be granted certiorari).

You might find tax protesters pointing to a recent case where a famous dude was not found criminally liable because they believed tax protester arguments. The tax protesters will claim that's proof nobody has to pay. No, that just means you MIGHT not go to prison. They still had to pay . . .

Any other questions?

mshilarious--

thank you for being the voice of reason. It may not be what people want to hear, but it is what they need to hear.

Folks, if you really think taxes are burdensome or unfair, then fine, be angry. (I am.) But do something constructive. Make some noise about a flat tax. (Learn about a flat tax for that matter--maybe you wouldn't like that either.) Figure out what you would like and support candidates whose positions agree with yours.

Do something. But don't expect real change to come from an emotional response to a conspiracy theory...

BTW--I'm not being a downer--I'm as passionate about this as anyone. I've been a business owner (with all the taxes associated with that--employees, sales, revenue, etc.). Now I'm a landowner in state that asks me to bend over each year and pay a second mortgage for the pleasure of owning my dirt. From small town city hall, to fighting the IRS in court (yep, I lost) I know a bit about the system. Get educated and go for real change...

They probably won't put you in jail, but they can seize your bank accounts, garnish your wages, and do other horrible things to your body.

Go ahead, mess with them. It might take them a few years to catch up, but that's OK, if you never file, then the statute of limitations never starts to run, and they will go back to the dawn of time and assess taxes, interest, and penalties . . .

I am a tax accountant, so this is very old, boring news to me. Suffice to say the 16th Amendment WAS ratified, and 26 USC gives plenty o' authority to tax you.

But don't take my word for it. Be a real man and stop filing (be sure to cut off your withholding too, otherwise you are a big puss). Better yet, file a return showing no income and with the perjury statement crossed out, claiming that you are not a citizen of the US, just the state in which you reside, which does not make you subject to federal income tax. Make sure to include a map to your house :D

Then, after they assess you, you have three choices:

1) Pay what you owe
2) Contest the assessment in US Tax Court (you will lose, and be fined $5K+ for making frivolous arguments)
3) Pay what you owe, and sue for a refund in US District Court (you will lose)

Either can be appealed to US Court of Appeals (you will lose), which can be appealed to the US Supreme Court (you will not be granted certiorari).

You might find tax protesters pointing to a recent case where a famous dude was not found criminally liable because they believed tax protester arguments. The tax protesters will claim that's proof nobody has to pay. No, that just means you MIGHT not go to prison. They still had to pay . . .

Any other questions?

yea well....yea....

Im still pissed about it....

but what about this....according to this video...the supreme court said that the 16th amendment did not give any new taxing power to the government...
watch the video from 30 mins to about 37 mins.

Guys...I understand that the Gov. is going to do what they want and wont think twice about putting my ass or anyone else's ass in jail over this...Im not saying that Im going to stop paying...I know where Ill end up...but I cant believe that we have gone this long with NO law on this.....if there was a law...I think it would have been seen by now...there was even a newspaper in Chicago I think who offered $50,000 to anyone who could find it....that $50,000 is still unclaimed...

Did the 16th Amendment give new taxing power to the government? That's a good question, because the ability of the federal government to directly tax income was somewhat controversial in the 19th century. It all started in the Civil War, when income taxes were enacted to pay for the war. They came and went over the intervening years, with some lingering doubt over their constitutionality. The 16th Amendment was intended to completely remove that doubt. But it's possible if not likely that they had that power all along! If you are truly interested, there is a line of Supreme Court cases addressing that issue pre-16th Amendment. I haven't read them in probably 15 years, so my memory is a little fuzzy.

I don't know if that $50K challenge is true, but the law is clear . . . 26 USC section 1, section 61, section 6001, section 6012. The problem is tax protesters hinge their arguments on the requirement to file a return, argue that wages aren't income as defined by section 61, argue that they aren't federal citizens, just state citizens, argue that they have basis in their own labor equal to their wage that makes for no gain. And so on. The problem is all those arguments have been repeatedly rejected by the courts. So anybody not paying up on that challenge is simply being intellectually dishonest.

Here, ask this question of a tax protester: do they pay state income taxes (if they live in a state that imposes an income tax)? If the answer is no, it's not because of any constitutional argument--originally, the Constitution was drafted to prohibit the Federal government from collecting a direct tax because that was the right of the states. There has never been any doubt whatsoever that states have the right to tax income.

So do they pay their state income tax? If the answer is no, you know their real motive: the dirty greed that lies deep within their wicked hearts! :D

This crops up every year. Sorry, not true. And its your taxes that keep you from speaking German, or Russian, or Chineese. :)

This crops up every year. Sorry, not true. And its your taxes that keep you from speaking German, or Russian, or Chineese. :)
I do agree with you on the first point but I get a hearty chuckle out of the second proposition.

It ain't the government that decides what you need to speak. That is left to the free market.

I was watching the news today about Amerikan Airlines canceling 1000 flights due to FAA concerns about some wiring inspection they were accused of neglecting. They had a talking head At La Guardia with the background set up to show some of the TV screens with flight information scattered throughout the terminal. Below each of a pair of screens were two large signs that read, "Salidas" and "Llegadas". ;)

I'm getting refunds from both federal and "state." It's not much, but it's really nothing. The "economy boosting" check I'll get from Bush later on (and BTW filing a 2007 tax return is a requisite for getting a share of Bush's blood/oil money or more likely misappropriated tax dollars) is slightly bigger. :mad:

I'm getting refunds from both federal and "state." It's not much, but it's really nothing. The "economy boosting" check I'll get from Bush later on (and BTW filing a 2007 tax return is a requisite for getting a share of Bush's blood/oil money or more likely misappropriated tax dollars) is slightly bigger. :mad:

It's not Bush's blood/oil money. It's not his, it wasn't Clinton's before him, or Bush before him. It's yours! And yes we contribute a portion to the gov't in the hopes that they'll do what they do best--regardless of how differently we might define that.

But until we remember that it was OUR money first--we'll never be serious about changing the tax code in this country.

D'you know why they take it out of your check? So you never "have" it to give it up. Everyone should be self-employed for a while. Try writing that quarterly check--then you know it's your money.

Try writing that quarterly check--then you know it's your money.
I found that gut-wrenching experience to not be good for my liver.

I declared all of my cats and chickens one year just because.

I didn't save any money and I lost a few years of life expectancy writing that check.

Back