What word is she singing here - Lawrence Welk

damianhk

Lawrence Welk covered Judy Garland and changed the song up. I can't find the lyrics. I'm actually going to cover this song. At 2:50, Janet Lennon sings "Chasing ______?" My three guesses were "chasing waistlines", "chasing mayflies" or "chasing wayflies". It really sounds like "wayflies". I guess chasing mayflies in a field could make sense. Chasing waistlines kind of doesn't fit this rated G theme. And "biding my time" is about chasing one person. And as far as I knw, "wayflies" isn't a word. I have a feeling it might click with one of you. I'm just not getting it, and don't want to record the wrong word ? . Go to 2:50, and let me know

Gecko, huge thanks. I found so many different lyrics, but wanted the ones they were singing here. I never heard that phrase, but glad you found it. Awesome ��

I got chasin' away flies.

Reminded me of a funny story...I have an acquaintance that suffers from anxiety and I gave him a visual tool to use when somebody gets in his head....From the Frank Zappa the torture never stops ...flies all green n buzzin "picture the person bugging you as a flies buzzing round your face and swat them away...don't give them the luxury of hanging round without some swatting at em to make them go away... works for me ;)

Reminded me of a funny story...I have an acquaintance that suffers from anxiety and I gave him a visual tool to use when somebody gets in his head....From the Frank Zappa the torture never stops ...flies all green n buzzin "picture the person bugging you as a flies buzzing round your face and swat them away...don't give them the luxury of hanging round without some swatting at em to make them go away... works for me ;)

"in this dungeon of despair." One of my favorite Frank songs.

I'm more of a traditionalist, which of course Frank would have hated.

I'm assuming that's Bozzio, but he looks so skinny. I was a big fan of Missing Persons.

I couldn't tell, but that looked like Bill Bruford on percussion? Surely not.

Dude, I got the same thing happening. Dave Edmunds did a tune with Jeff Lynne. I was getting chords and lyrics figured out. Online sources are wrong or incomplete.

The last verse last line.. Start at 2.40
"...if its true what the epeople say, its time for the end of the play...XXXXX" Then what? No girl in coma? I'm gonna be breakin out.

YouTube

I got this far

capo 5th
G Em C D G

It ended and began
at night i feel i cant go on
I knew it all along,
the party 's over its been fun

Em C D
Em C D
Em F# C D G

If it's true what the people say,
And it won't take your breath away

To know one day soon I'm gonna be breaking out

And how can you complain,
a one way ticket to another game
Your feelings never change,
locked in slow motion and back again

And i won't take too much of your day

It's just a one day soon I'm gonna be breaking out
breaking out
breaking out

F D

F Bd C

D Bd C

G or A? C D

G Em C D G

A feeling never show,
it's blown to peices before it's grown
And as you walk alone,
remember me,I was the one

And it's time for the winners to pay

I believe I'm gonna be breaking out
breaking out
breaking out

Emotion that is chained,
they say one day we'll bring the rain
How can it be the same
One day you never know my name\

* last line please*

I like this lineup and style...Frank was such a bad ass!

Frank was so AWESOME.

He put a suit and tie on, defended the music industry during a time that might be considered 'going to hell in a handbasket'. Mad respect to Frank, for getting down to brass tacks and keeping it real. When they needed a scapegoat he had his guns loaded. Frank was nobody's fool.

A true guardian of the craft.

I'm more of a traditionalist, which of course Frank would have hated.

I'm assuming that's Bozzio, but he looks so skinny. I was a big fan of Missing Persons.

I couldn't tell, but that looked like Bill Bruford on percussion? Surely not.

The entire band Missing Persons were from Zappa's band, except for the keyboardist who joined later.

No girl in Coma
No girl at home?
No hurt in callin
No curtain call
Stumped..

The rest is a emotional message of importance, but that last line...Nonsense?

Attachments

• breakingout-001.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back