VTgreen, is having the 2nd annual Jamfest/ jamboree in Vermont Aug 10-12

Last years was awesome with great food and plenty of drink, and lots of music, which is why we all go ...... right???
It will be at the same place in VT as last years,
August 10=12 are the dates, Camping on site, or B&Bs in the area., Motels not far, 10 minute ride,
So Bring your axe, amp and self to this event and make some music!!!!
We all had a blast at last years Jam, and I am sure it will be the same this year....
S

You joined HR 10 years ago...and this is your first post here? :D

I'm assuming you have another/previous alias here on HR....since you are talking about this event from last year as though everyone here knows what it is. :)

I can't find anything online about this. Even Vermont's websites..

I wish they's have something like this in my area. I could stand to be nervous for an hour or so :cool:

I can't find anything online about this. Even Vermont's websites..

I wish they's have something like this in my area. I could stand to be nervous for an hour or so :cool:

There use to be some annual gatherings of forum members...some on the east coast , north & south...and some on the west coast.
They were organized by a few of our members, though not always, every year...but TBH, I had not seen anyone mention a gathering in a few years now.
That is mostly due to many of those veteran members leaving HR (either on their own or what have you)...so that "tradition" kinda faded away.

This OP kinda came out of nowhere, and I get the feeling he may be a former member, using a different name, since he talks of previous gatherings...and because it's odd that he's been registered since 2008, and has only posted now for the first time...so I think it's someone that created multiple aliases way back then, and is finally using one of them.

Anyway...most these gatherings in the past were always quite a long haul for me...so I never attended any, but some here have, and may know what the "VTgreen" gathering is all about, though again...many of the guys that use to go to these, are no longer here. :(

I don't know why the OP just doesn't break it down with more specific details...but then, maybe he doesn't want to...and he's leaving it somewhat "cryptic" intentionally so only former attendees will know where it is and who will show up. :D

There use to be some annual gatherings of forum members...some on the east coast , north & south...and some on the west coast.
They were organized by a few of our members, though not always, every year...but TBH, I had not seen anyone mention a gathering in a few years now.
That is mostly due to many of those veteran members leaving HR (either on their own or what have you)...so that "tradition" kinda faded away.

This OP kinda came out of nowhere, and I get the feeling he may be a former member, using a different name, since he talks of previous gatherings...and because it's odd that he's been registered since 2008, and has only posted now for the first time...so I think it's someone that created multiple aliases way back then, and is finally using one of them.

Anyway...most these gatherings in the past were always quite a long haul for me...so I never attended any, but some here have, and may know what the "VTgreen" gathering is all about, though again...many of the guys that use to go to these, are no longer here. :(

I don't know why the OP just doesn't break it down with more specific details...but then, maybe he doesn't want to...and he's leaving it somewhat "cryptic" intentionally so only former attendees will know where it is and who will show up. :D
lol @ what have you.

Its the hype, it helps wit the interest...
Hey EZ, Upstate here
It is held outdoors, and the stage did not get built this year, so it will be on the deck again,
Nice size, 12X20, 20 " tall I provided a tarp big enough to cover it and Joro provided the PA, which is another story,.. VT Green being the host and chef with several runs to town for more beverages.
Full kit, VT is an excellent drummer, several amps brought by different members here and other sites, AA, and RP,I brought a couple of 30 watt gems myself, and several others, fender, Crate, Ampeg, Mesa?
can't remember all of em, and also some VERY nice guitars also brought by members, PRS,Gibson Fender Strats, and Tele'sI think someone brought a Gretch,, and a few Acoustics for different stuff, Jerri Dragun provided his Jukebox like memory and kept goin for three days, don't think he repeated a song more than once... I even got up and did a few...
Like to hear your AC30 if you still have it EZ....
User out

Its the hype, it helps wit the interest...
Hey EZ, Upstate here
It is held outdoors, and the stage did not get built this year, so it will be on the deck again,
Nice size, 12X20, 20 " tall I provided a tarp big enough to cover it and Joro provided the PA, which is another story,.. VT Green being the host and chef with several runs to town for more beverages.
Full kit, VT is an excellent drummer, several amps brought by different members here and other sites, AA, and RP,I brought a couple of 30 watt gems myself, and several others, fender, Crate, Ampeg, Mesa?
can't remember all of em, and also some VERY nice guitars also brought by members, PRS,Gibson Fender Strats, and Tele'sI think someone brought a Gretch,, and a few Acoustics for different stuff, Jerri Dragun provided his Jukebox like memory and kept goin for three days, don't think he repeated a song more than once... I even got up and did a few...
Like to hear your AC30 if you still have it EZ....
User out
Hey brother! Long time no talk. I hope you're doing GREAT! That's a little short notice for the fest but man it sure sounds fun! Maybe next year for me. That's a long haul but for a ripping good time!

Address is 14 Audet Road, Cornwall, VT.
Just outside of Middlebury
Come if you can, bring a tent and stay the weekend, food and drink there and not a far ride away.
Plenty of music making by anyone who is brave enough to take the stage.
Our host donates his place and his time, so do whatever you want, but I am donating to the cause when I arrive.
I will also be bringing power cords and boxes for power distro around the stage.
And I think I may have an extra tent for anyone in need, as well as some extra sleeping bags.
hope to see some new, and some past members there...!!

The menu would be enough to make me want to be there.....
I have a case full of NOS tubes that need to find an amp..... I will also be bringing some 'Cuties'
For those that know....... and for those that don't, you will just have to show up.....
All of those who are in New England really need to come, it is a face to face meet with some of the greatest folks I have ever known..!!
Since we are all FINITE, it makes sense to meet up with musically inclined folks and share a meal and some ideas with....
We have lost some wonderful members along the journey, but we got to meet them before they went to the next thing.
Please do not put it off, it may be your one chance to meet these wonderful people..
S

I was going to go to one of these a while back but then the wife got preggers. I think it was in Kentucky or Tennessee or something.

I was going to go to one of these a while back but then the wife got preggers. I think it was in Kentucky or Tennessee or something.

Last one I had seen discussed was somewhere here in Kentucky. I think around the Lake Summerset area.

So what are you both waiting for, ????
gold to hit 20K an ounce, the stock market to hit 100K, Trump to be elected a 7th time,.... or more members to fade into ........
You get the picture,..... None of us is getting younger, and meeting for a bash once a year for three days is not something you will ever forget, and you will want to bring your whole tribe next time......
Its not like it is in China, or 4000 miles away, or like three days is gonna mess up your whole thing......
So..... what's holdin you back??? it is just a weekend in Vermont, with some crazy awesome people who you have music, and a love of music, and making music and getting ideas for MORE music,in common with,.. ....... you get the point.....
S

Lol, looks like we're all but forgotten Steve.

Hey Joe, put it on your calendar for next year. Hopefully it will be consistently the 2nd weekend of August.

There's a bunch of us " veteran members who faded away" in a Facebook group. Do you do Facebook?

Lol, looks like we're all but forgotten Steve.

Hey Joe, put it on your calendar for next year. Hopefully it will be consistently the 2nd weekend of August.

There's a bunch of us " veteran members who faded away" in a Facebook group. Do you do Facebook?

I don't do FB. I did, but then that whole Trump thing happened. I'll PM my digits. I'm always down for a camping trip though and August is usually a quiet month for me.

Jamfest was awesome again !!!
Great food, great music, and thanks to our hosts for having a nice place to do this.
About 25-30 folks some locals, and when the stage was not active, there was playing around the campfire, some of the singing was even GOOD, hard to believe after all the consumption of good thins like the BEER, the other types of booze, etc etc
All of you who would like to attend one of these fests, there will be about a year to plan.... way more time than you need.
As for funds, I want to start some kind of joint fund to help with transport of at least one or, depending on budget, more people who cannot come for lack of $$$$$
We paid for a round trip flight one year for a horn player from Belgium, QQ brought him up from the airport, and I think he stayed in DTBs tent, but not sure on that...
Point is we all chipped in for that plane ticket...
My paypal account has something that is a deal like that, friends saving for a common cause....
Anyway, it was a success this year, My spare tent was set up for a fester, and all was good in the neighborhood...!!!
Steve

Back