The Voice USA 2018

TAE

All you have is now
Wow what a crop of talent...little freekin 13 year olds that kill it...THAT'S NOT RIGHT!

I know the show is not for most of ya's but as a semi so called singer, performer, producer and songwriter...and having read a lot, studied a lot and gone to some seminars to sharpen the tools...Every season I learn some little tid bit of gold or catch singing or arranging techniques from a different perspective. I feel the show has helped me grow as an artist even at my ancient age of 65! Damn I'm old!

Wow what a crop of talent...little freekin 13 year olds that kill it...THAT'S NOT RIGHT!

I know the show is not for most of ya's but as a semi so called singer, performer, producer and songwriter...and having read a lot, studied a lot and gone to some seminars to sharpen the tools...Every season I learn some little tid bit of gold or catch singing or arranging techniques from a different perspective. I feel the show has helped me grow as an artist even at my ancient age of 65! Damn I'm old!

Yeah, I watch it too. It amazing how these voices come from such young ones. Something in the water?

The Voice is kind of a guilty pleasure for my wife and I.

There are some amazing artists and it is fun to watch some of the folks really develop. Some of the coach interactions get old after a while but they have to get their face time I guess.

A couple seasons ago a guy named Laith Al Saadi just blew us away with his blues singing and playing. His REAL album is a great listen of recordings done in one take.

P.S. I’ve got a couple years on you [MENTION=1094]TAE[/MENTION].

The Australian season just finished, and while I usually have no interest in it (but my wife does) a friend of a friend Sam Parry was on it, and went on to win. Really took the contest apart as he was a beatbox rapper using live loops with everything produced by his voice / mouth. Very left field and a breath of fresh air over the usual wailing women and look alike male singers LOL.

I have actually seen Sam live at gigs and the full version of covers and his originals through a big PA it sounds awesome.

LINK

Alan

Well I have no idea of what you are seeing on yours, but the standard here in the UK has dropped each series since the first one! The entire thing is stage managed and simply done for the audience, not the people in it. I know somebody who came second a few years back, and she has done far better than the person who came first, because of the spin. She's great singer and now performs all over the world. The programme is simply a shop window, and the people with these amazing voices often have no training, no support and the mentor system is a farce. The 'name' being present for a tiny amount of their sessions. They often get put with inept music directors - in my friend's one, she was given a selection of mens songs, in mens original keys. She was already a singer, so asked her 'mentor' if they could change the key. She was puzzled. The accompanist said fine and played it in a more appropriate key for her range, and the mentor was amazed - she didn't know keys made that much difference - all hers were picked for her, she had never realised how they did it. I don't watch it any longer as pretty untalented people get given more talented people to guide and bugger it up, often for the cameras. Hate it!

Back