Very strange times

TAE

All you have is now
So with the Corona thing and the racism revolution things have really gotten bizarre...

I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school 3rd through 7th grade. @ 17 I decided that I chose to be agnostic but still respected the religion and the pragmatic reasoning of good and bad that it / they foster.

Pretty mixed racial area of LaLa land with mostly Euromericans and Hispanics and a sprinkling of Blacks and Asians.

In California both in private and public school we were taught about Father Junipero Serra and the missions he founded...

In recent weeks he has become the latest flavor of the week as devil incarnate.... I'm old and grounded in what I grew up in so I find it really tragic to see all this destruction of what once was, based upon "feelings" of the current entitled millenials that 100+ year old monuments are not politically correct and need to go...and rather than go the legal process of doing what must be done to get rid of them...taking it into their own hands and basically saying screw that...it's going down now. The world is their oyster and whatever they think is right or wrong is how it should be.. Fucking self absorbed pieces of ignorant shit.

Just my perspective ... Mt. Rushmore is next and then..........All the loony lefties can play their entitled fiddles as what we once knew as the great USA burns to ashes..... :facepalm:

Oh well, in the end this big blue marble will end up as one big ball of ice floating is the void of space anyway...seriously can't take too seriously.

Maybe we need a graveyard of old monuments. A museum where we can see relics of past prejudices. A place where we can reflect on how our ideals have changed as a nation. A place that will teach us that what we think might be good now, might be construed as heinous 200 years from now.

Maybe we need a graveyard of old monuments. A museum where we can see relics of past prejudices. A place where we can reflect on how our ideals have changed as a nation. A place that will teach us that what we think might be good now, might be construed as heinous 200 years from now.

Maybe site moderators who come out with such statements could join them as well?

Your graveyard would include every statue, gargoyle, wall painting, cave painting, piece of art work etc ever made, because these lefty loons find something wrong with everything .......except what 'they' say is right.

Added to which when most have grown up and realised that money has to be worked for, their opinions tend to change except for the entrenched losers of society who really do believe that everything everybody else has or owns ............is theirs.

A wartime leader statue erected by the people he led from being enslaved by Nazi's should now be torn down by some anarchists? Are you serious?

Their ways have been tried before more than once and each time it all fell apart.

You may believe that crap but most do not.

The Chinese Cultural Revolution of the '60s began in this manner...the forced change of sociopolitical views and the destruction of anything past or present that didn't fit those new views...and tens of millions were persecuted in the process...and the whole thing really didn't accomplish anything of any value.
If anything, I would say many Chinese still look back toward older values and embrace their history....though I'm sure TAE will have a better perspective on that since he has more direct connections with Chinese folks.

The scary thing isn't the change...it's that many are just following the mob and doing to it just because it's much easier to destroy than it is to create...and I'm not really sure what it is they hope to achieve...some kind of brainwashing effect, to where younger generations are taught a different history, omitting anything the far-left finds objectionable...???
Are we trying to become North Korea...where life is not based in any world reality but in some "molded" view and supported with endless bombardment of propaganda until everyone ins indoctrinated into some collective group-think...and then who is really controlling that...?...twits on Twitter with their tweets...?...or some "deep state" far-left machine that simply pulls the strings and dictates policy in an Orwellian, Big Brother way...?

This is where I think the liberals of the '60s...the hippies and flower children...differ dramatically from today's far-left millennial liberals.
Back then, it was about peach-n-love...protests, but at the same time, there wasn't some angry, anarchistic attempts to rip down opposing views.
Yeah, OK...there were some groups who preached a more violent type of protest...but on the whole, nationally...hippies didn't want to destroy the past in order to elicit change in the future. They just wanted everyone to chill more, and make change happen in a more peaceful way.
Today there is a lot of empty anger...it's like many are looking for reasons to be offended and get angry about something...anything.

Oh you wouldn't believe how much of a joined up effort this is.

Dear old Donald is vilified in some countries of Europe just as much as by the Dems in America. He has nothing to do with those countries but they concentrate their hate on him daily. We have a national radio personality who dedicates part of his program each day to describe how bad Donald and anything associated with him is.

There are very few Americans live here and we are 4000 miles from America. The general public really have no interest. But this goes on daily together with the other associated media.

I think the idea is keep this shit up and people will believe it. But they dont. They just get fed up of hearing it.

Maybe site moderators who come out with such statements could join them as well?

Your graveyard would include every statue, gargoyle, wall painting, cave painting, piece of art work etc ever made, because these lefty loons find something wrong with everything .......except what 'they' say is right.

Added to which when most have grown up and realised that money has to be worked for, their opinions tend to change except for the entrenched losers of society who really do believe that everything everybody else has or owns ............is theirs.

A wartime leader statue erected by the people he led from being enslaved by Nazi's should now be torn down by some anarchists? Are you serious?

Their ways have been tried before more than once and each time it all fell apart.

You may believe that crap but most do not.

Wow, you sure know how to misinterpret what others say. And you're quick to judge too.

All those statues and monuments coming down are coming regardless of what you or I think, but they still have value. Maybe not in the original intention, but they can remind us of who we were, who we are and who we will be. But I'm pretty sure you would not be able to comprehend that notion.

I'm totally against any kind of revisionistic history.

Wow, you sure know how to misinterpret what others say. And you're quick to judge too.

All those statues and monuments coming down are coming regardless of what you or I think, but they still have value. Maybe not in the original intention, but they can remind us of who we were, who we are and who we will be. But I'm pretty sure you would not be able to comprehend that notion.

Ok I will let you judge and explain.

They want to remove Winstone Churchill the UK's leader in WW11 against the racist Germans and if it wasn't for him (and others) 'they' wouldn't be here.

Off you go. You explain why they are correct to do this

What exactly do they have against Churchill...?
Did he make some "offensive" remark, somewhere in his past....or something trivial like that?

All those statues and monuments coming down are coming regardless of what you or I think...

So you feel that any statue that anyone finds in any way "offensive"...will come down regardless what others think?
Like there is no push-back that would or could stop any of this?

I do know that there are certain laws/rules...but of course, if the government in a given town or state is OK with letting far-left, ANTIFA types go around destroying anything they don't like...well, that's certainly one way to say it will happen...but I do think that will not turn into a free-for-all wave, and anything goes.
There are people who will want to stop it...same way some people stood in front of rioters and looters and said, "no, not our town".

Ok I will let you judge and explain.

They want to remove Winstone Churchill the UK's leader in WW11 against the racist Germans and if it wasn't for him (and others) 'they' wouldn't be here.

Off you go. You explain why they are correct to do this

Not judging anyone or explaining anything. You tell me why they want to take down Churchill's statue.

Off you go.

So you feel that any statue that anyone finds in any way "offensive"...will come down regardless what others think?
Like there is no push-back that would or could stop any of this?

You've got municipalities taking down statues. You've got protesters yanking down statues. Is there anything we can do to stop them? They're coming down whether we want them to or not.

What the fuck is this with people piling up on me? All I suggested was to not them go to waste. Repurpose them.

Not judging anyone or explaining anything. You tell me why they want to take down Churchill's statue.

Off you go.

I haven't a clue. I have never seen any explanation why except it was regularly daubed with graphiti and had to be protected.

But lefties aren't new. They have been around spouting similar shite since I was a kid at least.

Back in those days they would organise general strikes to bring the country to its knees.

Now they have hijacked another topic it seems.

You've got municipalities taking down statues. You've got protesters yanking down statues. Is there anything we can do to stop them? They're coming down whether we want them to or not.

What the fuck is this with people piling up on me? All I suggested was to not them go to waste. Repurpose them.

Obviously we have misunderstood your post.

It was the kind of thing one of them would come out with.....well that's how I read it.

:laughings:

You stuck your toe in the water. :D
I was just trying to understand your perspective...and I do think that those people CAN be stopped...but like, if it's a real liberal town, then there's no one with an opposing view.
I do know that the federal government said it would prosecute in DC...of course, some small town USA may not bother.

I do find it annoying that these things are being done by small groups...yet it's being sold as some national movement.
There's this thing called democracy, where people get to ALL voice their views and vote something in or out...all this mob rule BS is getting out of hand, and I would not be surprised that if it keeps up, there will mobs forming on the opposite side of the fence...and then we got serious civil war crap brewing.

AFA "repurposing" them...:p...yeah, like some anti-heroes of the pas amusement park thing.

I don't have a problem with statues coming down if it's something really vile, and agreed on by ALL the citizens...but having these small mobs taking law-n-order into their own hands, while the town government watches...that's not right, and it shouldn't be like that. I mean...isn't that the opposite coin of the lynch-mobs of the 50s and 60s that people are protesting against...?
Also...nit-picking over some small aspect of a person's generally bigger/better image...like the fact that George Washington had salves at some point...so let's erase him from history too...that kind of stuff is too extreme.

Or this new thing...that we need to get rid of our national anthem for some other one.
Next thing, they will want to toss out the Constitution and tear down the US flag too.
Well...I got one hanging in my front yard...if a mob ever showed up to rip it down...mmm...they would be met with some "resistance". :)

We should all resist attempts at revising history.
It's well known that certain Pharaohs of Egypt destroyed and removed references to their predecessors. Fortunately, those Pharaohs didn't succeed.

I learned a new word today.
I was speaking with my sister who has a friend who lives in Florida for six months per year and then lives in Rhode Island for the next six months.

I'll digress a bit, enough to say that Florida has seen huge increases of infections.

My sister's friend told my sister that on more than one occasion when she was shopping for groceries in Florida people who weren't wearing masks confronted her because she was wearing a mask, calling her a "Covidiot".

I'm at a loss for words to describe all of this insanity.

Part of the communist, leftist, marxist, ( insert any other group) that want to totally remake society have the agenda to destroy history.

Good bad or indifferent, history is part of who we all are as a people. Destroying history is an attempt to destroy our roots, successes, failures, etc.

A total blank slate is created, so the new picture can be painted however the envisioners want it to be. However, they are usually the same ones that destroyed the original, and the new picture is never a good one.

I believe it was George Orwell, that in 1984 said..... He who controls the past controls the present, he who controls the present controls the future. (or something like that?)

... calling her a "Covidiot".

It's been used in both directions...though I think it was actually first coined by those freaking out about the virus...calling those who weren't freaking out...Covidiots.
Now I think it's really swung the other way, IMO. :D

2070 predictions
massive race wars
gender wars
humans being more disconnected from reality than ever

Back