TV show background music

I've had a few things picked up over the years but no one has asked me to create specifically for them.

One of my songs was used in a movie that went nowhere and I got nothing from it. Another song was used somewhere, I don't know where, but I got a royalty check for it. :) Enough to buy a few cases of beer.

I asked because I've been noticing quite a bit of it on several shows - PBS, reality, etc.. Some of them have always had it, like This Old House, but I think I'm hearing more and more of it creeping into shows I don't recall hearing it in before. It's the kind of stuff I've been hearing from several of you here when you post "something I just threw together"..

One of my songs was used in a movie that went nowhere and I got nothing from it. Another song was used somewhere, I don't know where, but I got a royalty check for it. :) Enough to buy a few cases of beer.

Someone showed interest in one of my instrumentals for a theme song, but that failed to pan out. That was about 36 years ago and I still listen for it in TV, film and radio - just in case.

Back