"The TRUTH Why Modern Music Is Awful"

miroslav

Cosmic Cowboy
I didn't think I would sit through all 20 minutes of his presentation in the video below... but he was able to keep it rolling and interesting to the end.
There are some very obvious facts presented...and not just some guy's views based on his personal tastes.

The part that really hits home for me is the "homogenization"...how many modern pop songs sound very similar in both melody, lyrics and production.
The part about the "millennial whoop"...:D...is so true! You hear that a lot. It's similar to that arm waving thing everyone does at Pop music concerts
You can really see that there is a "collective" mentality being manipulated...and less and less originality and individuality.

I have a hard time finding any significant fault with his observations in this video...and just to be clear, he does say that there is also great music out there, but it will rarely rise to the top and be heard. So he's talking about modern music that is promoted and made accessible to the general population...but he's not saying that any/all music made today sucks. That said...you can also hear the "homogenization" happening in much of the "unknown" music you come across on YouTube, Soundcloud, Reverbnation...etc. People recording at home are influenced by what they hear repeatedly...so they tend to mimic it, often without even realizing it.
There is a certain amount of "brainwashing" for sure.

Yeah, but you gotta admit, there's some awesome boobage going on in the thumbnail to the video. :D

Edit: Just like Monty Python preaches, "Always look on the bright side of life" :D

Second edit: That was a brilliant review and commentary on the video, Miro. I may not even have to watch it now. :D

Yeah, but you gotta admit, there's some awesome boobage going on in the thumbnail to the video. :D

I'm sure the boobage pic was intentional...how else to get your attention...with some stats graphic? :p

Anyway...don't go by my "review"...I might be biased. ;)

Ok. I watched it. :)
I ONE HUNDRED percent agree with what the video is saying.

The greed of corperate entities IS and had been killing music.

He talks about the brainwashing.
I remember in the 80s hearing Madonna for the first time. I thought WTF is this shit!
Then I noticed you couldn't get away from it. One day I found myself kind of humming along.

Oh no!!! I'd been had!!! I realized right then and there, the mechanism of how I'd been brainwashed.

So nowadays, it's a catch 22. The music is made for the dumbed down masses, and the dumbed down masses are in part created by the music.

Very sad.

I have watched this 4 or 5 time over the past year. It is good to know that I am not just one of those old guys saying; "Those damn kids don't know what real music sounds like."

Hear is another video that I found very enlightening by Rick Beato, 'The Four Chords That Killed POP Music!' This video is only 4 minutes long.

YouTube

Hear is another video that I found very enlightening by Rick Beato, 'The Four Chords That Killed POP Music!' This video is only 4 minutes long.

That was great! :D
I love Rick Beato's videos...he really knows his audio and his music, and is usually 100% on the mark. His instructional stuff is all good.

So I couldn't help but check out that country mash-up he reference...and man, it's so funny listening to it...but then, kinda sad too. :(
Hearing that, it's obvious that country music has been diluted very far into some bastard "Country Pop" child.
I really miss old-style country music. Yeah, it was still basic kind of music...but it just had more heart and soul. The current "country" is total shit...same thing as what's happening with modern Pop/R&B and a lot of stuff that passes for "Rock", but it's just more Pop.

Anyway...here's that country mash-up video.

That was great! :D
I love Rick Beato's videos...he really knows his audio and his music, and is usually 100% on the mark. His instructional stuff is all good.

So I couldn't help but check out that country mash-up he reference...and man, it's so funny listening to it...but then, kinda sad too. :(
Hearing that, it's obvious that country music has been diluted very far into some bastard "Country Pop" child.
I really miss old-style country music. Yeah, it was still basic kind of music...but it just had more heart and soul. The current "country" is total shit...same thing as what's happening with modern Pop/R&B and a lot of stuff that passes for "Rock", but it's just more Pop.

Anyway...here's that country mash-up video.

That was great. Toward the end with all six songs playing it reminded me of Phil Spector's wall of sound.
I like Rick Beato too, I watch his videos two or three times a week. I really enjoyed his video 'John Williams vs Gustav Holst or Star Wars Vs The Planets.'

I actually thought the one on the left was some kind of sex shop doll ad, whats that you say! "how would I know"? OH never mind :o:facepalm:

Alan.

Actually that's the new 'Katy Perry' Japanese sex robot protoype. Pretty realistic, eh? Thank goodness the doll does everything but sing! :D :D

So you went with that model, huh?

Well........ya got me. The protoype had mix and match parts so I got it cheap. :D
Nothing wierd, just the feet. They're from their 'Nubian godess' model. Saved a bunch of money on my car insurance too! Besides, now I can go into the carpool lane on the freeway!

:D

So this afternoon I'm bouncing around at Rite Aid just picking up a couple things...and they have their store music playing off of some station or streaming service, and that Miley Cyrus song "Wrecking Ball" comes on...and man, I instantly recognized the "Four Chords" thing that Rick Beato was talking about in his video above. It was exactly that...Bm - D - A -G or vi - I - V - IV
I could instantly hear the similarity it had with dozens of other recent songs...and I think she even does her version of the "millennial whoop" in there a couple of times.

Now I know why I always hated that song every time I heard it....but I also can see how those songs can get stuck in your head even when you hate them. It's because of that "similarity hook".

Im sorry uou had to endure that. However, being able to dissect the current garbage to some degree makes you imune to the brainwashing.
:D

Back