Those were the days

For those that enjoy building cars and the internal combustion engine...2024 it starts . Will it end?

I dont want this shit fuck, world with jerks that dont know if they are a man or woman. Im gonna use what ever pronoun I want fucker. quit being a candy ass. Tighten up.

Why don't you worry about addressing people by their names and say it correctly...Nope, your too fuckin retarded for that.. say my name mutherfucker! Single moms and schools with fucked up kids , you ruined my world Im gonna ruin you! I did have a father. this place sucks.

They have banned abortion
banned assault rifles
banned free speech
banned the new gasoline cars
defunded the police
terrorized the world with COVID
alternate currencies

the only thing they got right was legalizing pot..

Last edited:
Back in the mid 70's our band did buy gear from local music stores but I also remember searching for gear in the "for sale" section of the news paper.

My first guitar was in 1964, a Japanese four pickp with a whammy bar my parents bought for me at a Two Guys store. Oh what junk but I wish I still had it. The first guitar I bought for myself was a year later, $75.00 dollars, a used 1959 strat. I really wish I still had that one! I really wanted to play sax but my mothers brother was an excellent Jazz Guitarist, studied under Tony Motolla and mom decided I should play guitar. The rest is history.

Around the same time (64-65), my best friend was the first of our clique to get a new guitar. It was a Sears Silvertone - model unknown (I seem to remember him calling it a Kay, which I believe made models for Sears' Silvertone branding). He didn't have the hard case/combo amp (Dan electro..??) option.. some cheesy small combo. Parents bought it for him and he showed it off to all of us then we never saw that thing again. That's as far as his musicianship went.

My first guitar was an acoustic my dad bought for me around '67. I bought my first electric in '73 from a classmate for $7.00. I offered $5 but he was firm on the price :-)

That guitar was a Teisco and I still have it but between me and my younger brother it got beat to $hit and has been unplayable for the past 30 years due to a fatal crack at the neck pocket. I repair and restore guitars so now that I am retired I finally have the time to fix it. Too much history in that old guitar to trash it.

Around the same time (64-65), my best friend was the first of our clique to get a new guitar. It was a Sears Silvertone - model unknown (I seem to remember him calling it a Kay, which I believe made models for Sears' Silvertone branding). He didn't have the hard case/combo amp (Dan electro..??) option.. some cheesy small combo. Parents bought it for him and he showed it off to all of us then we never saw that thing again. That's as far as his musicianship went.
My first amp was I think a Teneck? Tenex? The parents bought that also. One of the newest cheapest solid state amps you could get. They were so cheap and so bad I can't even find a reference for them on the web. I finally saved up enough to buy me an Ampeg V4 stack, dual 4x12 bottoms. That was quite the step up! I forgot, I had to come back because now I remember I had a Bandmaster between the two for awhile. This ole brain just ain't what it used to be.

Last edited:
They have banned abortion
banned assault rifles
banned free speech
banned the new gasoline cars
defunded the police
terrorized the world with COVID
alternate currencies

the only thing they got right was legalizing pot..
Who are they? Could you be more specific?

In the summer of '72 my '65 Barracuda was stolen, stripped and left for dead next to a salvage yard. It was recovered the next day but all the luster was gone. I was still living at home. Mom, just as disgusted as me, asked if I wanted a new car. I jumped at the offer. Only catch was, she would get the financing and I would make all the payments and related expenses. Next day I was driving a brand new '73 Malibu. Sweet! That was the model year when GM went to energy absorbing bumpers (ug-LEE!) and the steering wheels went all vinyl and shrank about 40% - it felt like driving a go-kart with that smaller wheel.

I remember exactly what my monthly payments were and the loan term : $125/Mo. for 48 months. I had a job making $250.00/Wk and no expenses other than that car and cigarettes... and a few recreational items (;)), so there was no problem paying off the car.

Now today I was thinking that $125/Mo. ain't nuthin' in today's market and I ran it through my inflation calculator to see what that payment would look like in today's dollars. That $125 car payment would be equivalent to about $886 today - YOWZA!!!

Now today I was thinking that $125/Mo. ain't nuthin' in today's market and I ran it through my inflation calculator to see what that payment would look like in today's dollars. That $125 car payment would be equivalent to about $886 today - YOWZA!!!

Yeah, we sure have advanced a lot. In 1970 hamburgers were $.15 each, a Big Mac was about $.50. The other day I stopped at a Wendys, and a Single was $5.59. A Big Mac is $6. At this rate, the poverty level will be $100,000 a year!

Many of those $100K earners are already crying poor mouth due to their elevated cost of living. Laying out $2K-$5K/mo. for rent/mortgage eats it up quick along with food and payroll deductions of one sort or another. Hell, 15 years ago the technicians I worked with that had families to support were having $1K-$2K/mo. taken out of their pay for health insurance only. That's painful.

My first Big Mac was .65¢ - that's when you could get a burger, shake and fries for under a dollar <sigh>.

m.jpg

Last edited:
I can't reminisce about the '70's. I just remember being very jealous of all those a little older than us because they were there and living through it and then those who were around to live through the '60's, in High School we used to ask our teachers, "Tell us about the '60's." They didn't ever say anything, we didn't understand why the hell not, but after a while, we just stopped asking. Stuff we missed: The Beatles, The Doors, The Who, The Stones, and a long list of others, but also the revolution in the air, the fu<k the man attitude, the cutting class, the cars, the clothes, we were stuck with Boy George and some other synth crap we all hated, and a couple of hold-outs who were above the rest that were good, but only maybe 2 or 3. We had the total undoing of the sexual revolution and free love and Ronald mother fu<king Reagan.

Why can’t these be the days??? We are truly living in historic times. But hasn’t everyone throughout time lived in historic times?
For myself, I’d be totally happy going back to a pre-internet time.....or would I ?
Maybe I’ve adapted to the ‘now’ so much I couldn’t function in the earlier world as much as I might long for it.
Who knows?
All I do know is all we have is now....and the future. But even the future isn’t certain.
Anything could wipe out any future prospects for anyone of us at any time.
So all we really have is now. So again, I pose the question. Why can’t these be ‘the days’?

Why can’t these be the days??? We are truly living in historic times. But hasn’t everyone throughout time lived in historic times?
For myself, I’d be totally happy going back to a pre-internet time.....or would I ?
Maybe I’ve adapted to the ‘now’ so much I couldn’t function in the earlier world as much as I might long for it.
Who knows?
All I do know is all we have is now....and the future. But even the future isn’t certain.
Anything could wipe out any future prospects for anyone of us at any time.
So all we really have is now. So again, I pose the question. Why can’t these be ‘the days’?

There's that old saying(and it didn't originate with Carly Simon), "These are the good old days". And it's true. The now, live in the now. It's all we really have, and it's fleeting.

Back