Some of you may remember "Brad."

chrisharris

King of Bling
Hi. Long time no post.

I think I joined this site in the late 90's or around 2000. (It probably says when I joined next to my name). At the time I joined, the site was owned by "Dragon" and was moderated by a user who went by "Slackmaster2k."

There was a mild revolt at some point, and Slackmaster2K set up his own recording BBS called RecordingProject.com.

Then this site was bought by the French or maybe the Chinese or whatever and I sort of quit checking in.

So for any old-timers who might remember "Brad" (big, funny guy. Former Marine. Loved the band "Boston" unashamedly). He passed away this weekend, probably not from natural causes.

Way before Facebook and Instagram allowed everybody's grandmother to be involved in social media, there were some real life dorks making friendships and learning how to record music here. I'm still friends with people I "met" here 2 decades ago. I have met a lot of them in person. Brad was a real friend, and I'll miss him.

GD! That means I'm going to die some day I just know it!

I'm not dead yet, I'm sorry Brad is dead and what's going to happen to RP now?

So for any old-timers who might remember "Brad" (big, funny guy. Former Marine. Loved the band "Boston" unashamedly). He passed away this weekend, probably not from natural causes.

Way before Facebook and Instagram allowed everybody's grandmother to be involved in social media, there were some real life dorks making friendships and learning how to record music here. I'm still friends with people I "met" here 2 decades ago. I have met a lot of them in person. Brad was a real friend, and I'll miss him.

I've been here on and off for many years.
I'm sorry for your loss.
Good for you to have been friends.
And thanks for sharing.

So, Slackmaster is/was "Brad"? I don't recall either, only been here for a couple of years.

Apologies for being nosey, but....."He passed away this weekend, probably not from natural causes"? Curiosity says, what happened to "Brad"? Self inflicted demise, maybe?

What's wrong with loving the band "Boston", especially for someone interested in Home Recording? One could say Tom Scholz took home recording to a whole new level.

And, "Brad" Delp.......

Last edited:
Slack and Brad were not the same person. Also, I was not Jamal Buchet. <---- that statement would have been super fucking funny on this site 15 years ago.

Yeah, this site sucks now. Believe me, we get it, the good ol' days and all. Alas, I reckon everyone/everything gotta grow up n old sometime.

The (*new) Cave says, Hi. Super secret sub section here at the HR. Limited access. Those old timers would just leave it ruint, just like "the good ol' days"......or so legend has it.

k thanx bai

That's sad news about Brad Chris... Glad we're still breathin for now cause we ain't gettin any younger....:eek:

No one gets out alive damn it!

You know you brought up a good point how this site was "early on" and "The Cave" kind of served as a facebook kind of watering hole for knucklehead musicians / home wreckers before there was such a thing as Facebook..

Dems was the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd share a joke, give each other shit in oh so many ways
Ken Weber didn't have a chance
We sent him off without his pants
For we were younger and yes dems was the days...

But...remember

Someday, these will be the good old days :laughings:

.....the Brad of Funkin'Stein....a '99 original HR.COM member who was:

A)-Hi'ly intelligent.
B)-Supremely talented
C)- Straight, f#ckin' HILARIOUS!!!

I've "known" Bro' Brad on-line for over 17 years here & just recently connected with him on social media & all I gotta' say we lost a GREAT HUMAN BEING!!!
Brad was a LEGEND on this site (JUST DO A SEARCH FOR HIS CONTRIBUTIONS HERE" as well as GIANT in real life! He's now "moving forward to a new beginning" where he will CERTAINLY ENTERTAIN all those he will now reside with!!

Madd luv', respect as well as "The Almighty Above" Blessing you with Eternal Peace, Happiness & Tranquility !!

Brad Neubauer....missin' ya & won't ever be 4-gotten my brother!!

Brad is missed. Jamal and Chris Mango or whatever were the same person -- or not...I've got a photo somewhere.

Spent a lot of time here, couple o decades ago. Weird to see it again.

So sorry to hear this. Brad was a good dude - and funny too. I think there was even a song back in the day posted about his mom. RIP, brother.

What's up EZ, Chris? Long time no type.
Hate to hear about Brad passing. He was a good guy on the board. Certainly put up with a lot of drunken bullshit from me. Ten years sober for me, and really regret acting like a constant asshole here.
Hope you guys are doing well, and still making music.

What's up EZ, Chris? Long time no type.
Hate to hear about Brad passing. He was a good guy on the board. Certainly put up with a lot of drunken bullshit from me. Ten years sober for me, and really regret acting like a constant asshole here.
Hope you guys are doing well, and still making music.
Hey Shep! Stoked to hear about your sobriety. That takes courage and conviction. Good job!

I'll have to dig out my old mp3 of MisterQcue rapping at Jamest 7, "E - Z - Will - iss!" I may have been on bass on that one.

Back