So, what are you listening too now?

jimistone

long standing member
I go though phases and revisit some of the older stuff I haven't listened to in a while. Lately I have really gotten into the early 60's Ray Price walking' bass country shuffle.
Great songwriting, twin fiddles, awesome steel guitar work. It's a groove all it's own and I love it!

What have y'all been listening to lately?

Janis Joplin Live. I don't know what concert, when or where, but the trip back in time is enjoyable.

Some EDM, revisiting older tunes I missed, M.A.R.S., MC Stereo, going through some Bluegrass tunes, Some Chet Akins, EDM productions, I am kind of all over the place just getting thoughts and ideas.

If I ever screw around and Listen to "strawberry fields forever" or "the ballad of John and Yoko" I'm on a Beatles kick for a while.
Certain songs trigger it for me....usually the more obscure songs
Like if I hear "trampled underfoot" or "the crunge" I'm on Led Zep for a while.

I've been listening to and examining movie sound tracks.

Especially sound tracks from film maker Sergio Leone. Scored by Ennio Morricone. The Good, the bad and the ugly and Once Upon a Time In The West.
Unbelievable writing!!!! Songs start out with a simple melody from a single instrument then builds into an epic composition - True Genius!!

Especially sound tracks from film maker Sergio Leone. Scored by Ennio Morricone. The Good, the bad and the ugly and Once Upon a Time In The West.
Unbelievable writing!!!! Songs start out with a simple melody from a single instrument then builds into an epic composition - True Genius!!

"the good, the bad, and the ugly" had a very cool soundtrack. One small riff from that soundtrack ( the warbley whistle leading into 3 trumpet notes) has become the definitive western gunslinger riff

I'm bouncing around. The latest is some Mudvayne, old Iron Maiden and Rage Against the Machine. Last week it was Rob Zombie, Eagles and Volbeat.

oh... and Lawrence Welk.
Love the bubbles.
:D

Pulled out my Traveling Wilburys debut CD to revisit my monitors sound and........geez.......haven't been able to put the album away. Every song on that album is great. I just wish I could stop it from playing in my head all day :)

Pulled out my Traveling Wilburys debut CD to revisit my monitors sound and........geez.......haven't been able to put the album away. Every song on that album is great. I just wish I could stop it from playing in my head all day :)

Didn't they do just one under that name?

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd was running through my head all day so I put the CD on when I got home. The next one up ("right now") Tudo Bem by Joe Pass.

Just finished listening to Singin' in the Kitchen by Bobby Bare and "the Family". For the second time today. I sometimes hear this album 20 times a week. I have a feeling it will get "lost" soon.

Anyhoo spent the weekend driving around in the mountains up north and quite a few things made it onto the playlist-

Brainticket Psychonaut
Kawabata Makoto Makoto on the Moon
Sun Ra Other Planes of There
The last 15 minutes of Derek and the Dominoes' Layla [...] for continuity getting into the car after the little guy was blasting Layla on "Outlaw Radio" in the cabin
When we were first driving into the mountains I tortured the fam with three different versions of the Dead's Dark Star, all from The Complete Europe '72

and every vacation I do a "free jam" to listen to in the car so that got a few spins...this one's a half hour long but doesn't really get going til 6 minutes in and kinda peters out around the 19 minute mark. Colebrook Express

and David Crosby's If I Could Only Remember My Name
Miles Davis Big Fun, Get Up With It, and parts of Bitches Brew

I tried the radio while driving yesterday ..... That only lasted for a few songs. :cursing:
What ever happened to the airwaves?

Ended up listening to *Car Talk* on NPR

Back