Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So. Was it try or wasn't it??

Thanks

So. Was it try or wasn't it??

Sign in to disable this ad
    Congrats to South Africa after tonights Rugby World Cup Final win.

But who thinks England's try in the corner was good??? That was one close call. Anyone else watch the match. The game turned on the decision which even after watching TV repaly's was down to two blades of grass and a bit of paint..

Once again congratulations South Africa.

Thanks
    Think it was out TBH mate. The fact that it doesn't have to cross the line is always a bit of a contentious issue, but I think he was just out. Must've been a hell of a call for the TO
    Quote Originally Posted by Gummblefish
    Went out yesterday all day long and spent 125 quid on a bender (not literally a bender )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TelePaul View Post
    Think it was out TBH mate. The fact that it doesn't have to cross the line is always a bit of a contentious issue, but I think he was just out. Must've been a hell of a call for the TO
    Yep one hell of a call because it was good when he grounded the ball. The call was made because the toe of his boot might/did/seemed to break/cross the line before he got his foot in the air. It was a just a blade of grass either way.Turned the game but as they say "you don't draw pictures in the scorebook"

In truth I think in the end England didn't get mullered and thats good enough for me. Hey I was saying they weren't good enough to get there four weeks ago. I think we can be proud of them...

Maybe not tonight but South Africa played better rugby through the tournament so well done guy's.

Thanks
    This thread title sounds like Yoda

Thanks
    the important thing is that he tried.

or didn't..or something

Thanks
    Honestly, after watching as many replays as I could find, I can't make up my mind. From certain angles it looks good, from others there is an issue... Honestly, I just can't say.

A final place, though, is damn good. Good enough for the English public, surely. How has the reaction been there?
    [QUOTE=ez_willis;2773888]IMO, live, quality rock and roll musicianship peaked while recording The Last Waltz. [/QUOTE]

Thanks
    With the commentary we had in NZ - and the view you had eventually down the line - his foot was definitely in touch. I thought so and the commentators thought so too.

Unlike that bloody French forward pass........

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    With the commentary we had in NZ - and the view you had eventually down the line - his foot was definitely in touch. I thought so and the commentators thought so too.

I have a theory about the French pass. I reckon the ref saw it, but just said, "Fuck it, they're playing the All Blacks."
    [QUOTE=ez_willis;2773888]IMO, live, quality rock and roll musicianship peaked while recording The Last Waltz. [/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post

See that just goes to show who's perspective your looking from. The forward pass thing it didn't really register on the coverage here, it was kind of Que sera sera. But the foot i touch thing judged by a southern hemisphere official we had an issue with that.

I guess in reality we should be having a moan at the groundsman who in your case marked out the pitch half a degree off centre and in our case he put paint on those two or three blades of grass. It really does come down to decisions that are that close. Maybe we should let the officials on the field give the decision get on with the game because this new video ref stuff still leads to calls we will never agree on. At least in out noble sport the teams in question accepted the judgement and didn't complain during or after the event. Imagine a soccer team in the same situation. World cup final, did the ball cross the line? Doesn't bare thinking about.

Bring on the next rugby world cup and congrats to all for demonstrating that fair play and sportsmanship is still possible in top class professional sport.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 32-20-Blues View Post
    Honestly, after watching as many replays as I could find, I can't make up my mind. From certain angles it looks good, from others there is an issue... Honestly, I just can't say.

A final place, though, is damn good. Good enough for the English public, surely. How has the reaction been there?
    Absolutely mate, I wouldn't have bet my toe nail clippings on that one.

Hows the reaction in Eire after the under achievement?

Here the future of Ashton is in the balance. In truth they don't know what to do with him.

Thread Information