So. Was it try or wasn't it??

muttley600

Banned
Congrats to South Africa after tonights Rugby World Cup Final win.

But who thinks England's try in the corner was good??? That was one close call. Anyone else watch the match. The game turned on the decision which even after watching TV repaly's was down to two blades of grass and a bit of paint..:(

Once again congratulations South Africa.

Think it was out TBH mate. The fact that it doesn't have to cross the line is always a bit of a contentious issue, but I think he was just out. Must've been a hell of a call for the TO

Think it was out TBH mate. The fact that it doesn't have to cross the line is always a bit of a contentious issue, but I think he was just out. Must've been a hell of a call for the TO
Yep one hell of a call because it was good when he grounded the ball. The call was made because the toe of his boot might/did/seemed to break/cross the line before he got his foot in the air. It was a just a blade of grass either way.Turned the game but as they say "you don't draw pictures in the scorebook"

In truth I think in the end England didn't get mullered and thats good enough for me. Hey I was saying they weren't good enough to get there four weeks ago. I think we can be proud of them...;)

Maybe not tonight but South Africa played better rugby through the tournament so well done guy's.

Honestly, after watching as many replays as I could find, I can't make up my mind. From certain angles it looks good, from others there is an issue... Honestly, I just can't say.

A final place, though, is damn good. Good enough for the English public, surely. How has the reaction been there?

With the commentary we had in NZ - and the view you had eventually down the line - his foot was definitely in touch. I thought so and the commentators thought so too.

Unlike that bloody French forward pass........

With the commentary we had in NZ - and the view you had eventually down the line - his foot was definitely in touch. I thought so and the commentators thought so too.

I have a theory about the French pass. I reckon the ref saw it, but just said, "Fuck it, they're playing the All Blacks."

See that just goes to show who's perspective your looking from. The forward pass thing it didn't really register on the coverage here, it was kind of Que sera sera. But the foot i touch thing judged by a southern hemisphere official we had an issue with that. ;)

I guess in reality we should be having a moan at the groundsman who in your case marked out the pitch half a degree off centre and in our case he put paint on those two or three blades of grass. It really does come down to decisions that are that close. Maybe we should let the officials on the field give the decision get on with the game because this new video ref stuff still leads to calls we will never agree on. :) At least in out noble sport the teams in question accepted the judgement and didn't complain during or after the event. Imagine a soccer team in the same situation. World cup final, did the ball cross the line? Doesn't bare thinking about. :rolleyes:

Bring on the next rugby world cup and congrats to all for demonstrating that fair play and sportsmanship is still possible in top class professional sport.

Honestly, after watching as many replays as I could find, I can't make up my mind. From certain angles it looks good, from others there is an issue... Honestly, I just can't say.

A final place, though, is damn good. Good enough for the English public, surely. How has the reaction been there?

Absolutely mate, I wouldn't have bet my toe nail clippings on that one.:)

Hows the reaction in Eire after the under achievement?

Here the future of Ashton is in the balance. In truth they don't know what to do with him.

Absolutely mate, I wouldn't have bet my toe nail clippings on that one.:)

Hows the reaction in Eire after the under achievement?

Here the future of Ashton is in the balance. In truth they don't know what to do with him.

Here, most of the public called for O'Sullivan to be lynched, but the IRFU (governing body) clapped him on the back, told him he did a fine job, and then told him to settle down for another four years as coach. :confused::confused::confused:

We fired our soccer manager (Steve Staunton), though. The one all draw at home to Cyprus was the last straw.

I'm surprised that Ashton's future is uncertain. IMO, he played a very clever, functional game of rugby, and did a damn good job of adapting after the first South Africa game. Particularly given the squad he had at his disposal - fine players, for the most part, but getting on a bit (much like most of the Irish).

We fired our soccer manager (Steve Staunton), though. The one all draw at home to Cyprus was the last straw.

I'm surprised that Ashton's future is uncertain. IMO, he played a very clever, functional game of rugby, and did a damn good job of adapting after the first South Africa game. Particularly given the squad he had at his disposal - fine players, for the most part, but getting on a bit (much like most of the Irish).
Thats part of the problem, several of the established younger players have intimated that after the 36 - 0 drubbing at the hands of SA the team decided the game plan not the coach. From there they went on to the final. Kind of leaves him out on a limb??

As for the new Republic football Coach, Martin Jol is available as of tonight. :rolleyes:

As for the new Republic football Coach, Martin Jol is available as of tonight. :rolleyes:

Well, people are speculating wildly over here, and the FAI have made some rash suggestions - there's talk of Jose Mourinho. not gonna happen, but we can dream...

My money's on Graeme Sounness or Terry Venables. We're fucked. :D

Well, people are speculating wildly over here, and the FAI have made some rash suggestions - there's talk of Jose Mourinho. not gonna happen, but we can dream...

My money's on Graeme Sounness or Terry Venables. We're fucked. :D

Souness Yes, Venables, and your on to a winner. He's a top coach and universally liked by the players. He should have been our manager for longer but the FA didn't like his style despite getting us to a semi final penalty shoot out. He's good for you. Trust me. But being a life long West Ham fan what would I know? ;)

Souness Yes, Venables, and your on to a winner. He's a top coach and universally liked by the players. He should have been our manager for longer but the FA didn't like his style despite getting us to a semi final penalty shoot out. He's good for you. Trust me. But being a life long West Ham fan what would I know? ;)

Fair enough, I'll do my best to pass it on to the guys who make the decisions. :D Basically, unless he get's us to the 2010 World Cup he'll be fired anyway...

How has McLaren managed to hold on? I know he hasn't been in the job for long, but he isn't convincing in any way - he can't even talk a good game of football. You guys should take a leaf out of our book - four managers in 5 years. ;)

Fair enough, I'll do my best to pass it on to the guys who make the decisions. :D
Just tell them I told you they'll understand.;)
How has McLaren managed to hold on? I know he hasn't been in the job for long, but he isn't convincing in any way - he can't even talk a good game of football. You guys should take a leaf out of our book - four managers in 5 years. ;)
Beats me. Put him in charge of a band with Hendrix on guitar, Phil Lynott on bass, Keith Moon on drums with Janis Joplin on vocals and he'd have them singing ABBA songs. :rolleyes:

Back