Russell Brand fans?

drstawl

Banned
I'm no fan of his political shtik, although we might cross paths on some issues. I do like his comedy from time to time, though. He hit it out of the park with this award acceptance speech. (1:53 into the youtube video, an interview with Lee Camp about Brand)

He is a raging talentless self publicist nothing more. He has a season ticket at the same football club I do and it's just down the Isle. Every time he shows up he is surrounded by sycophantic morons and plays up the lot of them.... In short a total twat

He is a raging talentless self publicist nothing more. He has a season ticket at the same football club I do and it's just down the Isle. Every time he shows up he is surrounded by sycophantic morons and plays up the lot of them.... In short a total twat
+ 1 :thumbs up:

Not a fan. Could never understand his appeal either and this irks me as it leads me to suspect maybe I dont have my finger on the pulse ?

He is a raging talentless self publicist nothing more....In short a total twat

I couldn't agree with this more. Brand is a moron, without a doubt and as for the "comedian" label? Comedians are supposed to be funny. This guy just isn't, never has been and his future doesn't look promising either.

I'm no fan of his political shtik, although we might cross paths on some issues. I do like his comedy from time to time, though. He hit it out of the park with this award acceptance speech. (1:53 into the youtube video, an interview with Lee Camp about Brand)

Not bad.Surprised no one pulled the plug on his mic. Im guessing they thought it would be extra publicity, they were too stunned or it just went over their heads ( being the zoolander industry ) ?

Not bad.Surprised no one pulled the plug on his mic. Im guessing they thought it would be extra publicity, they were too stunned or it just went over their heads ( being the zoolander industry ) ?
It had a totally Lenny Bruce vibe, with some of the audience immediately getting it and the rest cringing hard: mostly the producers.

It had a totally Lenny Bruce vibe, with some of the audience immediately getting it and the rest cringing hard: mostly the producers.

You think these people don't know what they are gonna gt when they give him the floor.....?

They are fully aware what they are gonna get and are queuing up to get him there... It sure as hell wasn't a public vote that got him whatever award it was...;)

You think these people don't know what they are gonna gt when they give him the floor.....?
Yeah, but Mr. Brand is not known, particularly, for carefully scripted comments. Kind of like a blues player throwing down memorized riffs as opposed to composing a melody. Since it's clear that he is enjoying himself immensely, they're not sure how long this solo is going to last...

There is always a multi second delay on those broadcasts and they can cut to commercial/VT/second stage at anytime they want seamlessly. They know exactly what they are doing. More so than the twat Brand and he's is as mentioned just a self publicist and nothing more. I have zero interest in all that kind of self congratulatory aggrandizing award bullshit at the best of times but he is probably the worst..

I understand the dislike of Brand, he is a twat, but he makes some great points...and unlike other celeb spokespeople he actually has brain and uses it...I get his FB feed and Ive yet to see anything he says Id disagree with, I say "see" as I never listen to his speeches only read the headline...that's the limit of my 21st century attention span.

I don't know that much about him but I posted this video "back in the cave" and found him damn funny and pulling off a cool interview.

Back