Rush!!!! Rush!!!!rush!!!!

Cool! The one thing I've loved about Rush is that they've never put on that false "rock star" image...they just look like a bunch of normal dudes. Dudes who are frickin' GREAT musicians!

I haven't seen them in a very long time. Grace Under Pressure is the last tour I went to see. Rush is by far my favorite band. I named my 3 cats Geddy, Alex & Neil, my late husky was named Bytor, and I had a snake named Cygnus.

The 1st rock song I learned to play on guitar was Working Man. I still love that song.

Like the stage set up behind Getty - few tours back had driers as amps behind him miced up and all - every so often his tech guy would come onto stage to throw coins in the driers that had stopped.

Last tour had rotisseries with chickens cooking away with a chief that came onto stage that would check the chickens every so often. This were miced up as well!

Can't wait to see what Getty is playing through this tour! :laughings:

Hell yeah, got my tix, not the greatest seats, but decent, at just over 100.00 ea. Sect. 218 row 5 at the United Center in Chicago. Taking mini me.

Myles_W_Obama.JPG

My boy is the one on the right.

090127_185719.jpg

At his 1st concert, he has since decided to keep his hair short, so he doesn't look like me....

I've never been a big Rush fan, but my wife wanted to see them, so we've got 29th row in Manchester, NH in September. :eatpopcorn:

I love Rush but I don't like them piping in vocals and guitars and sound effects and keyboards.

Not so coldly charted, it's really just a question of your honesty.

Know what I mean?

Any backstage passes available? :cool: We're on that side as well, but middle of the section. Will you be wearing a 'Loud Sun Studios' shirt?

Backstage passes are allotted through the production office - I might be able to get a few? I don't know? I've never asked for them before. Can certainly get you a working pass but that is no fun all work and no play all day n' all night.
I'll be in all black. Just like theater crew people. It the law, punishable by death! :D

Finally went to the show last night, awesome. Just awesome. Neil's playing was unbelievable, I told my son he should be honored to see the greatest drummer ever. Geddy's playing was great too, really digging in on that bass, thou his voice was getting a bit tired by the end of the show. And Alex,......just as cool as ever, very controlled, every bend of the bar in pitch, great playing.

There were a few sound issues where all you could hear was Geddy and Neil, mostly Geddy.

The show itself was very cool, stage props, and the back screen, the video skits were hilarious, I can't wait for the Clockwork Angles DVD to come out.

The only bad experience had nothing to do with the band, just a couple fans. After the show, while standing in line, these to old fucks cut in front of me. One of them asked me a question, when I turned around, his buddy cut in front of me. 20 years ago, there would have been a fight. But I had my 15 y.o. son with me.............

Finally went to the show last night, awesome. Just awesome. Neil's playing was unbelievable, I told my son he should be honored to see the greatest drummer ever. Geddy's playing was great too, really digging in on that bass, thou his voice was getting a bit tired by the end of the show. And Alex,......just as cool as ever, very controlled, every bend of the bar in pitch, great playing.

There were a few sound issues where all you could hear was Geddy and Neil, mostly Geddy.

The show itself was very cool, stage props, and the back screen, the video skits were hilarious, I can't wait for the Clockwork Angles DVD to come out.

The only bad experience had nothing to do with the band, just a couple fans. After the show, while standing in line, these to old fucks cut in front of me. One of them asked me a question, when I turned around, his buddy cut in front of me. 20 years ago, there would have been a fight. But I had my 15 y.o. son with me.............

Envy the show. I bet it was amazing.

Good form man. 15 year old kids do not necessarily need to see head bashing. Tho, what were you in line for-after the show?

I don't know what was up with Geddy's bass. I think that the scientist hadn't turned his popcorn machine all of the way up!
Seamed fine during rehearsals and I don't think that the fact that he was playing a fender had anything to do with it.
Lord knows that there were plenty of bass bins. And Brad (FOH) wasn't complaining about it at all.

To tell you the truth ... witnessing a show in an arena is probably the worst way to experience a rock show.

It seemed he could hear it fine on stage, too (I assume they use in-ears). No definition to the sound at all, could only hear the subs in conjunction with Peart's kick.

Back