Roswell, Paul Carusoe and are there or are there not flying saucers..ahem. or UFO's?

TAE

All you have is now
When I was a senior in high school back in 1971, I took a speech class and one of the final exam speech topics was "Are UFO's Real" pro or con. I chose the topic not having a real position either way. Back then before the internets all I had was the local library. Well I dug in and it wasn't long before I was going what the fuck? Project Blue Book was written by a retired air force Major named Donald E Keyhoe. Between that and all the news articles I could dig up on microfiche I knew we the public were being bull shitted and got pretty pissed off. I killed the speech, blew the class and my teacher away that day..That was the beginning of a life long interest in getting to the truth.

In the end I believe Roswell was a genuine Alien crash and that because of the cold war, the U.S. had to keep it top secret for all the advanced technology we could secretly acquire to gain an advantage over Russia.

Abductions...yep...real Betty and Barney Hill, Travis Walton...hell yeah..sucks and why it occurred I haven't a clue but just too much evidence that points to at least those two events really went down.

Tons of other incidents that are bullshit or just unproveable.

So unlike Politics and religion this is a controversial topic we can discuss here in Prime Time..There are many that passionately believe it's all bullshit and many like me that are polar opposites..and those in the middle that just aren't sure either way...

Here's a good video on Roswell to get the discussion started.

I passionately believe that it's all bullshit.

I have a hard time believing that regular folk without access to anything besides other crazy people's "findings" can crack top secret government conspiracies from their mom's basement. I just don't believe it. I don't believe that anyone can prove anything from youtube videos and "alternative" news sources. Chemtrails, 9/11, flat earth, I just don't believe those conspiracies have any merit if nutcase internet investigators are cracking the case.

That's not to say that I don't believe that aliens may exist or that our government is not evil and corrupt. I'm open to the possibility that both are true. I think it's naive to think that we are the only life in the entire endless universe. I simply don't believe that paranoid laypeople can figure it out.

Pretty much same here. I highly doubt that we're alone in the universe, but I even doubt even more highly that any visitation to Earth has occurred, or that it has been covered up by elaborate government conspiracy. Like you say, some self-appointed expert crackpot isn't going to prove anything to me.

Weird shit happens all the time, governments do cover up things...but no alien spaceship has ever visited nor crashed on Earth.

The fact that there is an entire TV series based around the assumption that aliens had major roles in the development of civilization just kills me. And the History channel airs that shit! Not just one episode of garbage science, but multiple seasons of a series! The loonies are out there, if there is enough viewership to support that trash.

Pretty much same here. I highly doubt that we're alone in the universe, but I even doubt even more highly that any visitation to Earth has occurred, or that it has been covered up by elaborate government conspiracy. Like you say, some self-appointed expert crackpot isn't going to prove anything to me.

Weird shit happens all the time, governments do cover up things...but no alien spaceship has ever visited nor crashed on Earth.

The fact that there is an entire TV series based around the assumption that aliens had major roles in the development of civilization just kills me. And the History channel airs that shit! Not just one episode of garbage science, but multiple seasons of a series! The loonies are out there, if there is enough viewership to support that trash.

I've always thought that if there are little green men out there flying around in what would be an extremely advanced spacecraft that is way beyond even our highest scientific and technological comprehension, then why the fuck would they come here? And even if they crashed here by accident, the odds of hitting earth in this vast limitless universe are laughably slim. And if they are advanced enough to fly across the universe, what the fuck are they doing crashing anyway? Fucking n00bs.

TAE, you're a fucking nutter!
Nah...just open to the precept that we just don't know what we don't know.

In regards to Roswell it is not a maybe that something happened. It happened, On July 8th, 1947 Air Force Major Jesse Marcel publicly announced they were in possession of a flying disc and less than 24 hours later said ..Oops! silly me, it wasn't a flying disc, it was a weather balloon..

The actual text of the original press release albeit sensationalized by the title...

RAAF Captures Flying Saucer
On Ranch in Roswell Region

No Details of Flying Disk Are Revealed

Roswell Daily Record: July 8, 1947

The intelligence office of the 509th Bombardment group at Roswell Army Air Field announced at noon today, that the field has come into possession of a flying saucer. According to information released by the department, over authority of Maj. J. A. Marcel, intelligence officer, the disk was recovered on a ranch in the Roswell vicinity, after an unidentified rancher had notified Sheriff Geo. Wilcox here, that he had found the instrument on his premises. Major Marcel and a detail from his department went to the ranch and recovered the disk, it was stated.
After the intelligence officer here had inspected the instrument it was flown to higher headquarters.
The intelligence office stated that no details of the saucer's construction or its appearance had been revealed.

You don't just become a major in the air force...you have to have your shit together..years later in the video posted above he admits it was not a weather balloon..He just had to keep his trap shut at the time because he'd screwed up by letting the cat of the bag..

You can...

Believe it was a alien craft and Major Jesse Marcel and the other multiple witness's are telling the truth as they believe it to be.

roswell-np.jpg

Believe it was a weather balloon as General Ramey said and Marcel and several other "witness's are whacked out, delusional or just bold faced liars...

roswell-11.gif

or

Believe that there is just no way we will ever know the truth so why worry about it...

s-l500.jpg

Of course we don't know what we don't know. That's a meaningless statement.

Doesn't mean aliens crashed though does it? It's completely absurd.

Of course we don't know what we don't know. That's a meaningless statement.

Doesn't mean aliens crashed though does it? It's completely absurd.

No, based upon the facts presented in Roswell or lack thereof it doesn't prove beyond a shadow of doubt that aliens crashed there nor does it prove they didn't. But based upon the real hard facts of that story, to say it is completely absurd to believe that Major Marcel told the truth is whack. My money is on that it did happen as Marcel said it did. There is no way to prove I am right or wrong. So yeah seriously and completely absurd.

Until we have a smoking gun (Alien craft or alien being in hand to see, touch, feel and examine) there is no proof we have been "visited" by beings from somewhere else. One argument is that it would be impossible for any craft to fly from another solar system to here in a time frame that would make it possible. Back to the "we don't know what we don't know" what if these potential visitors aren't from another galaxy..rather another dimension that allows them to slip back and forth within this illusion we call "life on earth" in seconds? Just one of billions of possibilities of how it could be possible. Yep completely absurd to think that life from somewhere else could be coming and going here without our knowledge or ability to recognize...we've got it all figured out...completely. :thumbs up:

Last edited:
einstein-emptiness-350x39.jpg

"Reality is nothing more than what we simple humans collectively agree we see"

I'll bet the alien who forgot to attach the retro rockets on the Roswell InterGalactic Craft wasn't too popular back home.:eek:

I often think that there must be intelligent life out there in the universe somewhere ...................... As there isn't any here?

If there was intelligent life out there why would they come here anyway.

Alan

quote-think-of-how-stupid-the-average-person-is-and-realize-half-of-them-are-stupider-than-that-.jpg

Strange how the Roswell story evolved really. Seems to be a case of the military fucking something up and crashing something, someone being a bit lose with a statement, then they said "weather balloon".

Then the story pretty much died for 30 years before it was picked up on again in the 70s among a craze of "UFO researchers". Since then its been gradually updated with more details from increasingly less reliable sources to include, autopsies, greys, the home planet, surviving aliens, government conspiracies... Its just got all of the classic hallmarks of a folk-tale.

If there was intelligent life out there why would they come here anyway.

The Farmer checking on his crop?

The scientist recording data?

Up from the skies...

I just want to talk to you. I won't uh, do you no harm,
I just want to know about your different lives, on
this here people farm.

I heard some of you got your families, living in
cages tall & cold,
And some just stay there and dust away, past the
age of old.
Is this true? Please let me talk to you.

I just wanna know about, the rooms behind
your minds,
Do I see a vacuum there, or am I going blind?
Or is it just remains from vibrations and echoes
long ago,
Things like 'Love the World' and 'Let your fancy
flow',
Is this true? Please let me talk to you. Let me
talk to you.

I have lived here before, the days of ice,
And of course this is why I'm so concerned,
And I come back to find the stars misplaced
and the smell of a world that has burned.

The smell of a world that has burned.

Well, maybee, maybe it's just a change of
climate.
I can dig it, I can dig it baby, I just want to see.

So where do I purchase my ticket,
I would just like to have a ringside seat,
I want to know about the new Mother Earth,
I want to hear and see everything,
I want to hear and see everything,
I want to hear and see everything.
Aw, shucks,
If my daddy could see me now.

Back