Roswell, Paul Carusoe and are there or are there not flying saucers..ahem. or UFO's?

Ya know KT it is apparent what I write is not being comprehended by you in the way I intend...

"What we've got here is failure to communicate" Some men you just can't reach.....

I did not mean to convey that you were being a dick because you can't take criticism. I was saying you're being a dick by choosing to try and defend your position with negative derogatory comments, insults, assumptions and unsupported personal opinions. I also admitted that in reacting to your less than cordial responses I too had gone south into dickheadville myself. I apologized and said lets be done with it and agree to disagree.

Lets leave it at that.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate" Some men you just can't reach.....

You're right there. Clear communication is important.

I did not mean to convey that you were being a dick because you can't take criticism. I was saying you're being a dick by choosing to try and defend your position with negative derogatory comments,...

But I deal with facts and opinions, relevant to the discussion, not with whether I find them derogatory. If I make a gaffe, and somebody calls it a gaffe, then, derogatory or not, it remains a gaffe. Getting defensive about it won't stop it from being a gaffe. The quicker I own up and not paint myself into a corner by trying to defend the gaffe, the easier it is to say "darn, you're right there, but... (...substantive point still stands...) blah blah blah).

insults,..

Well, lots of things can come across as insults. You often have to choose between "cordiality" and bare facts. I've not complained about anyone's lack of cordiality. I only complain when the "insults" don't shed any light on anything, because then all they are is a distraction. You use the term "dick", no big problem, I try to interpret why you think that way, and I post something that is suppose to show that I am genuinely confused by your position, and not being a "dick". (You seem to have ignored that post, again ;) )

assumptions...

Nah. Claiming lack of evidence doesn't require assumptions. It is your position that requires assumptions, which you need to substatiate.

and unsupported personal opinions.

It is you making the assumptions, and you need to support them with citations, not blanket references. Imagine if actual scientific references didn't point to a specific phrase or paragraph, but simply said [Newton's Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica] or [The Iliad]. Science would be a mess.

I also admitted that in reacting to your less than cordial responses I too had gone south into dickheadville myself. I apologized and said lets be done with it and agree to disagree.

Lets leave it at that.

No apology needed. I took it in the spirit you meant it. I only complained that you weren't returning that favour.

Well they are no longer called UFO's they are

UAP's

8-14-2020 The Pentagon, under growing pressure from Congress, said Friday it has established a new high-level body to investigate reports of "unidentified aerial phenomenon" following multiple incidents in recent years of UFOs reportedly intruding into military airspace.

Last edited:
Back