RIP Don Imus

60's guy

Don Imus passed away yesterday. He began his radio career in 1971. I have listened to his radio broadcasts from the beginning. Funny, and certainly controversial at many times over the course of the 50 years he was on the radio.

The one thing I admire about Don Imus is that he and his wife dedicated themselves to raising money for research into the cause of autism. And also build a ranch in New Mexico on for the benefit of handicapped children.

Hopefully, Don is now driving for Jesus.

For those of you who aren't as old as I am...Don Imus once sang

"Driving for Jesus
Driving for Jesus
Making all the lights
I can go a hundred miles an hour
As long as I have the almighty power
Riding on the dashboard of my car"

May he rest in peace, and yeah, and he did some good things...but not everyone thought so highly of him, and he had a history of bad behavior over the years, and law suits and controversies.

He was always a bully, but became more so as he aged. Nasty and cranky. But still one of the best interviewers in the business. Never afraid to ask the right questions, or call someone out on their bullshit.

Him and Howard Stern always going at it, back in the day. LOL I used to listen to Imus when I was a kid. Can't remember anything specific except for his Jingle.

Him and Howard Stern always going at it, back in the day. LOL I used to listen to Imus when I was a kid. Can't remember anything specific except for his Jingle.
I don’t care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car

I can go 100 miles per hour
Long as I got the almighty power
Up there with my pair of fuzzy dice

That and calling McDonalds and ordering 1200 hamburgers for the Air National Guard

I don’t care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car

I can go 100 miles per hour
Long as I got the almighty power
Up there with my pair of fuzzy dice

Ha ha, yup. I remember that now.

Back