QSMP3.com

keith.rogers

Edit: looks like it's mostly scraping YouTube and converting songs to MP3. Less paranoid, but annoyed that the guy I'm trying to put together a copyright submission for has been leaving stuff around on YT and forgetting about it...

Anybody else stumble across this site?

Looks like it's collecting audio files and letting you download an MP3 (which I haven't tried - don't like clicking on buttons on sites I don't know anything about).

Just about everything is there. I found stuff that supposedly is on a private cloud that I've only shared with one person.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. Ok, I probably am a little, but still...

Last edited:
Edit: looks like it's mostly scraping YouTube and converting songs to MP3. Less paranoid, but annoyed that the guy I'm trying to put together a copyright submission for has been leaving stuff around on YT and forgetting about it...

Anybody else stumble across this site?

Looks like it's collecting audio files and letting you download an MP3 (which I haven't tried - don't like clicking on buttons on sites I don't know anything about).

Just about everything is there. I found stuff that supposedly is on a private cloud that I've only shared with one person.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. Ok, I probably am a little, but still...

Didn't we already do Napster 20 years ago or whatever? :laughings:

It's fake. A part of the Kromtech empire. Warez and cracks, leading to adverts telling you your computer is infected and stuff like it. Could also be an ad telling you you've won 10 million...

Kromtech - Wikipedia

Kromtech itself is a dodgy Mac developer, but the same group owns dozens of other companies, pushing fake anti viral tools, cleaners, video converters (rippers) and much more. Their software works, but it always turns out to be adware in the end.

I don't think it 'll ever lead to a real download, so it might not even be illegal.

Don't bother sending them mail. The address you use will only get spam. Can't see who is operating this server, as it's hiding behind Cloudflare. Geo info shows it in the middle of the Atlantic :D

I got as far as watching it pull a video over and supposedly capture its audio but I didn't click the Download button. I may have learned something in watching this industry for almost 40 years (though I can still surprise myself :)).

I'm hoping there's a special place in heck for the folks that come up with this crap.

Got loads of my music listed on there. Sent them a DCMA warning. Don't like my stuff being pirated and used for stuff like that.

Back