Presidential options / Blasphemous rumors

This kind of relates to the topic.

I’ve to some degree stopped following the presidential reality shitshow.

Instead I’ve been watching the last two seasons of “House of Cards.”

That’s a shitshow too, but much more entertaining.
:)

I see Biden has cast his vote today then.

I wonder who he voted for?. :D

Last edited:
Let’s see... Biden or a lying proto-fascist who is wrecking the environment and completely mismanaged a pandemic. That’s a real tough one.

Hey, hey, hey!

Hey, hey, hey!
Just think while you've been getting down and out about the liars and the dirty, dirty cheats in the world
You could have been getting down to this sick beat :laughings: get down with your bad self! :guitar:

Hey, hey, hey!
Just think while you've been getting down and out about the liars and the dirty, dirty cheats in the world
You could have been getting down to this sick beat :laughings: get down with your bad self! :guitar:

I like this version better. Kim Keyes.

And there is this one trumpet part that is phenomenal during the solo.

Oh hell yeah! That is one slick cover of pretty MOR pop tune. Swift is a damn fine song writer and lyricist...but this Jazzy version is way hip...never heard it before so thanks for sharing brother Chili.

It's sad that performances like that aren't acknowledged by any of the producers of "music award" shows these days. The pure combined talent of the musicians and vocalists were on full display!
Awesome.

Eh, for some reason it seems people are more interested in dance moves, the choreography, and costume changes over musicianship.

I’ve seen quite a few ‘real musicians’ doing covers of pop hits and go wow! This is a decent song. I never thought that about the original version.

Real musicianship has a way of bringing things to life.

Eh, for some reason it seems people are more interested in dance moves, the choreography, and costume changes over musicianship.

Real musicianship has a way of bringing things to life.

I really like the Taylor Swift story and her studliness as a business person / musician and prolific songwriter. Do not generally dig where she went musically but totally get that she was young and impressionable and the powers that be guided her into how to make a shit ton more money by adding some glitz and glamor to her schtick... But young raw Taylor was the real deal IMO.... damn kid was doing gigs at 11
She wrote the song below and several other @ 15 ...Damn talented kid...at 16 her first album sold 5 million and had a #1 on the country charts...

That all said totally agree the version Chili posted is much better musically than that pop song I posted just to say hey hey hey be nice...

Poor girl. Probably got eaten alive lying down in the grass right next to that mosquito breeding pond. :)

Poor girl. Probably got eaten alive lying down in the grass right next to that mosquito breeding pond. :)
This is a true story. I grew up in the area of Weekapaug, a beachside community of Westerly, Rhode Island. Summertime residents were prevalent. As it was, every year, families from New York would rent available cottages.
I was only 11 years old at the time that I became a good friend of a girl, whose parents had rented a beach house.
Her name was Linda.
Reading "Lying down in the grass" reminded me of the times that Linda and I had snuck away from the beach house together.
It wasn't until a few weeks later on in that summer that she told me her last name. Linda Eastman, from Rochester, NY.
Many years later, I did learn it that it was her family that had rented that cottage and that it was indeed the Eastman side of the Eastman Kodak photo empire that rented that cottage.
Everyone knows that Linda Eastman, heiress to Eastman Kodak married Paul McCartney.
I can only wish it that she was still alive to remember the summer we shared together.

This is a true story. I grew up in the area of Weekapaug, a beachside community of Westerly, Rhode Island. Summertime residents were prevalent. As it was, every year, families from New York would rent available cottages.
I was only 11 years old at the time that I became a good friend of a girl, whose parents had rented a beach house.
Her name was Linda.
Reading "Lying down in the grass" reminded me of the times that Linda and I had snuck away from the beach house together.
It wasn't until a few weeks later on in that summer that she told me her last name. Linda Eastman, from Rochester, NY.
Many years later, I did learn it that it was her family that had rented that cottage and that it was indeed the Eastman side of the Eastman Kodak photo empire that rented that cottage.
Everyone knows that Linda Eastman, heiress to Eastman Kodak married Paul McCartney.
I can only wish it that she was still alive to remember the summer we shared together.

What a great little story. I wonder if she ever remembered you and that time throughout her life.

When Linda McCartney died in 1998, Rolling Stone reported
Born Linda Louise Eastman on September 24, 1941, McCartney was the daughter of show business lawyer Lee Eastman and mother Louise (whose family owned the Linder department stores). Her father, the
son of Russian Jewish immigrants, had changed his name from
Epstein, and was not part of the Eastman-Kodak photography legacy
as was frequently reported at the time of Linda’s marriage to Paul.
Although not an heiress, she did become Lady Linda when her husband
was knighted in 1997.

Her name was Linda.

Awesome story....She was a cool chick and the perfect mate for Paul...true lovers. Sad she was taken so young...Perhaps her kids know of this cottage but if they don't it'd be cool if they did.

When Linda McCartney died in 1998, Rolling Stone reported

Ah man way to blow a good story :laughings:

Crazy ....most us ol Mericans still believe the Kodak story...I mean she was a Rock photographer when she met him...hello...using KODAK film!

In the 70's she was hated in the UK by the press. I never understood why. I just thought it was a 'Beatles' thing. Although I like some of their stuff I was never into the McCartney's until about 20 years ago when I saw a docu on why Paul and Linda went to live in Mull Scotland. That kind of earned my respect. They were basically skint. Hard to believe but not living like pop stars at all and all their money tied up in legal stuff.

Thanks a lot for making me spend my valuable time listening to this... this... MUSIC!

I'm on my third Tim Akers track on Youtube, one more to go. Too bad they seemed to have shelved the project. They're killer players.

Back