Presidential options / Blasphemous rumors

It would help we outlanders very much if you guys would define "corrupt" for us. From what I can fathom, what appears to be being espoused is disagreement with policy. I like to live within simple, demonstrable definitions. For example a politician is corrupt if they legislate against prostitution, drug possession and usage and then are filmed smoking crack while with prostitutes. Or if they are found to have tendered contracts to friends without declaring their interests while stating the need to be above board.
Help us out here.

I see things slightly different than most. You just need to read my posts to know that.

The basic definition: having or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain.

ALL elected officials swear an oath to do their best for the American People. That's their job. They can be partisan, but in the end they have to do what's best for the People.

An example: The second covid stimulus bill. There are things in both stimulus proposals that have nothing to do with covid.

If either side truly cared about the people, they'd remove the "pork" (I call it SHIT) and send a bill to the President on just helping out the people and getting the nation back on track. This kind of crap during times like this is "corrupt" (IMO). It's blatantly obvious that the Dems DO NOT want to pass anything so close to the election. If people are hurting (even if it's the Dems fault) they'll blame Trump. It's wrong and corrupt. When you play with peoples lives and livelihood for political gain, that's corrupt. Political gain = Personal gain. Because no one does anything for free.

I hope this helps explain why I said ALL politicians are corrupt.

My neck of the woods got about 1 billion in the first CARE’s act.

Just a wee bit, (about 1million) went to the local business affected by the government’s lockdown policies.
Someone did the math and it turned out to be approximately 103 dollars per person.

Where did all the rest go??? I don’t know. But the local government got pay raises and bonuses.
I can only guess they were real good at locking us down and causing some to go out of business. That’s kind of ‘bonus-worthy’ in a corrupt system.

Old saying I’ve used for years.....
The king always takes care of the king’s men, but not the kingdom.

Just a wee bit, (about 1million) went to the local business affected by the government’s lockdown policies.
Someone did the math and it turned out to be approximately 103 dollars per person.

Where did all the rest go??? I don’t know. But the local government got pay raises and bonuses.
I can only guess they were real good at locking us down and causing some to go out of business. That’s kind of ‘bonus-worthy’ in a corrupt system.

Old saying I’ve used for years.....
The king always takes care of the king’s men, but not the kingdom.

That's the problem. Politicians take care of themselves. That's honestly what I like about Trump. The things he's accomplished have supported the citizens. He did more to fix the VA than any other President. He's taken more people out of poverty than any other President. What has Biden done in his almost half century in Politics? Very little that's good.

Where did all the rest go??? I don’t know.
Aside from the dollar per person amount, it's probably more important to ask why that only 10 percent of all of the money provided by the Federal Government to the State of Connecticut to assist hospitals and nursing homes has been released by governor Ned Lamont.
Forgive the rhetorical question.

Aside from the dollar per person amount, it's probably more important to ask why that only 10 percent of all of the money provided by the Federal Government to the State of Connecticut to assist hospitals and nursing homes has been released by governor Ned Lamont.
Forgive the rhetorical question.

It's kinda the same thing with the 2nd stimulus package...Pelosi wants all this money, and Trump is pointing out that they still haven't used up all the money that was allocated in the first stimulus package. Kinda makes you wonder what Pelosi is holding it for...waiting until after the election, so that if Trump loses, she can reallocate it to other things, and Biden would approve.

I still think Biden is going down right before the election, thanks to his sons laptop and all those emails.
Today, the FBI now concurs with the Justice Department saying that this laptop and the emails have nothing to do with any Russian plot (what the liberal media has been offering, while Biden avoids talking about it and never denying its legitimacy).

The FBI is certainly not pro-Trump...so now it will be interesting how the liberal media re-spins this to try and continue covering up for Biden.
Even if you hate Trump...it's pretty sad that the liberal media, and social media are basically censoring what is at the least, a story worth investigating...instead, they were trying to say it was a Russian plot, or to simply block any discussion about it.
Really, really sad how "journalism" has turned into a biased extension of the Dems/Libs, and is to some degree guilty of covering for Biden in order to influence voters.

Really, really sad how "journalism" has turned into a biased extension of the Dems/Libs, and is to some degree guilty of covering for Biden in order to influence voters.

To this point, it seemed that this all started with Bush, the media tore him a new a$$ almost daily and he stated very "presidential". Then comes Obama and that was nothing but a love fest by the whole world. Guy couldn't do any wrong! But IMO, Trump being something different is really pointing this out.

Is Trump a "in your face guy", oh I think we all agree he is pretty rough. But I think his personality is pointing out something that has been going on for over a decade. I don't think he started it, but he is facing it head on and pointing it out, media bias, plain and simple.

media bias, plain and simple.

The man you love to hate... I don't but Oy Vey that dude can really step in it and then say it doesn't stink and isn't REALLY dog shit Fake News! And trust me there is plenty of it...both against him and from him..

We are all watching the greatest soap opera ever unfold before our eyes "As the world squirms"

I sigh in sadness watching this slow motion train wreck and reflect on the yellow jester (the machine) in King Crimson's "Court of the Crimson King" lyrics. I cherry picked a few of the lines from them below that relate to this madness we are all participants in...

The keeper of the city keys
Puts shutters on the dreams

As slowly turns the grinding wheel
In the court of the crimson king

On soft grey mornings widows cry
The wise men share a joke
I run to grasp divining signs
To satisfy the hoax

The yellow jester does not play
But gently pulls the strings
And smiles as the puppets dance
In the court of the crimson king

Last edited:
It just goes to show you that many people prefer politicians who tell them pretty lies rather than ugly truth.

Trump is very rough around the edges...but when you look past the personality, he's actually done quite a lot of (IMO) good things during his 3+ years.

Biden on the other hand is all about smoke-n-mirrors, but as someone pointed out in the media, he does it with that bland "it's grandpa" demeanor, which seams to appeal to some folks more, and they ignore his short-coming or the lack of any significant 47-year record worth talking about...though if you watch enough of Biden's public moments, he has a mean/nasty side that comes out, not to mention an ever-present racist mindset that he has worked hard to cover up, especially now.

Unlike the mainstream media...I tend not to watch or listen to Trump on a daily basis, so to me, his personality is not that relevant, though I agree if he toned it down, he would be well ahead of Biden at this point instead of neck-n-neck...but what I do think about with Trump, is that question - Are you better off today than you were four years ago? - and virus madness aside, which has been very politicized by the Dems/Libs and used as a control tool, I have to say that the last 4 years have been better for me than during Obama, and I'm confident if Trump wins and we get past this virus, things will improve much more so than if Biden takes over.

I'm confident if Trump wins and we get past this virus, things will improve much more so than if Biden takes over.

I'm pretty confident that no matter who wins we're headed for a recession in the next 4 years that could pale 2008-9...These crazy low interest rates...housing shortage...a shit load of people "working from home" and not really producing..At the moment financially things are damn rosey ...too rosey considering what we're going through...Having grown up in the construction world and been involved in it now for over 50 years booms are cyclical and there is no stopping that.....we're due for the downturn and it will come very likely within the next 4 years...

Got to admit that being put in the position to choose between these two..I have to go with the Donald but it sure isn't because I love him or believe in any way, shape or form he's the best guy for the job America has to offer...just better than the Biden / Harris offering...makes no matter in my case as my vote is wasted cause I live in the Caleftornia....:facepalm: Mr. T ain't got a snowballs chance in hell here.

IMO...the only thing that will drive us into a deeper recession is if we keep doing shutdowns because of the virus...and considering that they are having a hard time passing the 2nd stimulus, if shutdowns continue into next year, I don't see endless stimulus money.
If Biden wins...I can bet that Pelosi will not be tossing out money like she's printing it in her basement... or Joe's basement....and if Trump wins, he will push to minimize all the shutdowns, but here's the point...Trump isn't the one creating the virus related economic mess...it's the Dems/Libs, in states like CA and NY and some others, where they continue to strangle the population economically, and will keep doing so if the virus fear and panic keeps going.

Now they are already talking about a "third wave"...?...did the second wave already pass...???

The interesting thing is that GDP is better in the 3rd quarter than it has been in 10 years...and I know if there was just a bit more positive propaganda instead of all the negative doom-n-gloom by the liberal media, it would help usher in a faster recovery instead of driving people toward a recession.

Financially I'm not complaining, and like I said, things are better now for me than they were under Obama...but with a Biden win, and his plans for taxes and spending...there's just no way it will feel like a positive change economically, even if they manage to print more money for a 3rd stimulus (assuming we get a second one).

Anyway...latest news...looks like the Dems pushed back on the slimmed down 2nd stimulus bill. Way to go Pelosi...drive it into the ground. :facepalm:

Also in current news...well, what's still NOT in the current news of the liberal media...is the acknowledgement that the FBI has stated the Hunter Biden laptop and the emails that implicate Joe in a quid pro quo mess is NOT the work of any Russian meddling...
...but the liberal media is still covering up for Biden. :wtf:

Biden ..... Trump ..... Bush ...... So who are you lot voting for? :)
Kate Bush! Running up that hill! Capitol Hill that is! Dude don't you know we don't discuss politics here? :laughings:

It's looking pretty strange...only time will tell...for now I'm just voting for the Dodgers to break this curse they've been under...

It doesn't hurt me
Do you want to feel how it feels?
Do you want to know, know that it doesn't hurt me?
Do you want to hear about the deal that I'm making?
You, it's you and me
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
Be running up that road
Be running up that hill
Be running up that building
See if I only could, oh
You don't want to hurt me
But see how deep the bullet lies
Unaware I'm tearing you asunder
Ooh, there is thunder in our hearts
Is there so much hate for the ones we love?
Tell me, we both matter, don't we?
You, it's you and me
It's you and me, won't be unhappy
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
Be running up that road
Be running up that hill

Kate Bush! Running up that hill! Capitol Hill that is! Dude don't you know we don't discuss politics here? :laughings:

It's looking pretty strange...only time will tell...for now I'm just voting for the Dodgers to break this curse they've been under...

Whose talking politics? I am taking the piss. :)

Kate Bush...........Yeah.

Last edited:
I hope Trump wins BIG TIME! Biden is a political hack who is (sadly) suffering from dementia.

After that, I hope another non-politician with the same amount of balls as Trump runs in 2024.

Politicians are scum... government is too big... and that's why I'm a Libertarian Constitutionalist.

The government should build roads, protect it's citizens, and other than the basics, stay the hell out of our lives.

Other than that... how y'all doing? :D

The government should build roads, protect it's citizens, and other than the basics, stay the hell out of our lives.

Dude! Long time no see! Hope y'all is doing well in these dumb ass cop hating times...absurd but real.

It's a bit like being asked "How would you like to be killed ? Mauled by a tiger or rotated by a crocodile ?" :eek:

Oh man as you get up to heaven getting mauled by a Tiger is such a cooler story...killed by a crocodille? Boring! :D

On another note....... it is amazing how people come up with shit so fast ...so slow Joe who meant to say Text 30330 said Joe 30330..

Saw this on Facebook today ...what do you get when you divide 2020 by 666? .... 3.0330 coincidence? :eek: :laughings: but seriously how do people come up with this stuff...what a world we live in...amazing....

Oh man as you get up to heaven getting mauled by a Tiger is such a cooler story...killed by a crocodille? Boring! :D

On another note....... it is amazing how people come up with shit so fast ...so slow Joe who meant to say Text 30330 said Joe 30330..

Saw this on Facebook today ...what do you get when you divide 2020 by 666? .... 3.0330 coincidence? :eek: :laughings: but seriously how do people come up with this stuff...what a world we live in...amazing....

They spend too much of their time on forums. :drunk:

I hope Trump wins BIG TIME! Biden is a political hack who is (sadly) suffering from dementia.

After that, I hope another non-politician with the same amount of balls as Trump runs in 2024.

Politicians are scum... government is too big... and that's why I'm a Libertarian Constitutionalist.

You need to keep posting before you fall into the category of "where have all the old guys disappeared to?"

Back