Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Presidential options / Blasphemous rumors

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 888 Posts
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedburgundy View Post
    I don't think Biden is corrupt at all. If he was, there would be a record of him or his close associates being convicted of felonies. Dude has been in Government for 50 years and there hasn't been even an indictment, let alone a conviction. You don't even have a credible accusation.
    Wow...you're really naïve or ignoring the obvious.
    It's OK...it will become more clear in the next couple of weeks just how corrupt Joe was/is...but again, if you only get your news from Twitter and the liberal media...
    ...you will never know.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grimtraveller View Post
    I never found Mel Brooks in the slightest bit funny.
    But you've got a turn of phrase that is often a classic of the genre !
    Until you mentioned it, I didn't realize how it could be taken. That is a good one.

No, they absolutely aren't. Winston Churchill was not corrupt. George Washington was not corrupt. James Madison was not corrupt. Abraham Lincoln was not corrupt. Barack Obama was not corrupt. Jimmy Carter was not corrupt.

Richard Nixon was corrupt and resigned from office because his administration was committing crimes. Several of his close associates were convicted.

Donald Trump is corrupt and that's why he's got 6 convicted felons from his inner circle (so far) including his campaign manager and his personal lawyer. It's why he's hiding his tax returns. It's why he was successfully sued for fraud. It's why his "charities" have had to settle with prosecutors. Trump owes $400M plus and you don't even know who he owes that money to. Trump's charity illegally paid Pam Bondi back when she was the attorney general of Florida. THAT is corrupt.

And I'll say it again: You are being systematically taught to believe they're all corrupt because that way of thinking excuses the corruptions of the Republican party. It prevents you from doing an actual analysis. Let's put Presidents side by side and see who was surrounded by the most felons. What could be more fair than that? That is the truth of corruption.
    WOW, you are OLD. Did Washington really have wooden teeth? No one will argue Carter was the WORST President. When you don't do a good job for "the people" it doesn't matter whether the word corrupt applies. Imagine how awful he'd have been if he was a thief. OBAMA wasn't corrupt? The man stood in front of the American people and said frequently, "If you like your Doctor you can keep them. You like your provider, you can keep it. This is affordable healthcare for all". EVERY WORD OF THAT WAS BULLSHIT. He's the most FUCKING CORRUPT PIECE OF SHIT this country has had in the past 100 years.

Trump was a businessman for 50 years before becoming President. I'd put money on every rich businessman has tax problems if the IRS investigated. He has so many accountants who know the law, that it might seem shady, but it's not. Because you're a BIDEN fan, those tax loop holes that Trump the businessman used for the last 47 years, Biden and Co DID NOTHING to close them. Hell, they probably created them. Because as you said, "Biden's been in politics for over 40 years with no indictments." WOW, so he slept for 47 (49) years. Let's not forget he helped put thousands more black people in prison with much stiffer sentences. There was a case in CA where a guy stole a slice of pizza and was put away for life with the 3rd strike and you're out policy. I hear Biden apologized for that little "bill" error. How many families have been destroyed by Biden's policy? Yeah, that's not corrupt, it's just sheer STUPIDITY.

Now, because you're the political GENIUS, point out one thing TRUMP HAS DONE that has destroyed Americans' lives. Don't say he talked down Covid. That's FUCKING MORONIC and beneath anyone with a working brain. Biden tweeted 210,000 died in the US of covid because of Trump. Over a million would have died if Hillary was in office, because she wouldn't have stopped travel from China. Biden said that ban was xenophobic and unnecessary. But, if 210,000 died and Biden could have saved them, WHY DIDN'T HE? Dems have come out and said this virus could have been avoided. Yet not one of these assholes had said how. Even though all evidence points to Trump going beyond anything the Dems would have done, they still tout superiority on the subject with no evidence at all. Not even a theory of how they'd have handled it better.

One other thing, you made a big stink in another thread about the case for Obamacare going to the Supreme Court. It's not a case for the entire ACA, it's about the individual mandate, and its constitutionality. I say a big FUCK YOU to anyone who thinks me and millions of others should pay for their healthcare. It should never have been in there. If the ACA collapses because the SC finds that it's unconstitutional GOOD FOR THEM. If it falls, it's OBAMA's fault. He and his corrupt friends who wrote that shit KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE DOING. If Trump wins again, and the ACA collapses, I'd wager he'll create an executive order regarding "pre-existing conditions". As insane as his tweets are, his actions for the American people have been solidly positive. If Biden wins and the ACA collapses, NOTHING will be done for years.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman999 View Post
    When you don't do a good job for "the people" it doesn't matter whether the word corrupt applies.
    I could never in a million years agree with this statement.
    “There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.” - Socrates

Thanks
    No, they absolutely aren't. Winston Churchill was not corrupt. George Washington was not corrupt. James Madison was not corrupt. Abraham Lincoln was not corrupt. Barack Obama was not corrupt. Jimmy Carter was not corrupt.

Richard Nixon was corrupt and resigned from office because his administration was committing crimes. Several of his close associates were convicted.

Donald Trump is corrupt and that's why he's got 6 convicted felons from his inner circle (so far) including his campaign manager and his personal lawyer. It's why he's hiding his tax returns. It's why he was successfully sued for fraud. It's why his "charities" have had to settle with prosecutors. Trump owes $400M plus and you don't even know who he owes that money to. Trump's charity illegally paid Pam Bondi back when she was the attorney general of Florida. THAT is corrupt.

And I'll say it again: You are being systematically taught to believe they're all corrupt because that way of thinking excuses the corruptions of the Republican party. It prevents you from doing an actual analysis. Let's put Presidents side by side and see who was surrounded by the most felons. What could be more fair than that? That is the truth of corruption.
    Obama not corrupt? I am not so sure about that, maybe not the way you are thinking, but I do believe he was pushing an agenda that is counter to the American idea. Which I think the Dems are moving that way in general. I think the Dems are much more corrupt in general, just look at their record/history.

I am of the opinion many of the bureaucrats are corrupt and they actually run the country. It almost becomes a birthright in DC for relatives to get government jobs. Are you one of those bureaucrats?
    DM60 Tunes: The Collection

Thanks
    It would help we outlanders very much if you guys would define "corrupt" for us. From what I can fathom, what appears to be being espoused is disagreement with policy. I like to live within simple, demonstrable definitions. For example a politician is corrupt if they legislate against prostitution, drug possession and usage and then are filmed smoking crack while with prostitutes. Or if they are found to have tendered contracts to friends without declaring their interests while stating the need to be above board.
    Help us out here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DM60 View Post
    Obama not corrupt? I am not so sure about that, maybe not the way you are thinking, but I do believe he was pushing an agenda that is counter to the American idea. Which I think the Dems are moving that way in general. I think the Dems are much more corrupt in general, just look at their record/history.

I am of the opinion many of the bureaucrats are corrupt and they actually run the country. It almost becomes a birthright in DC for relatives to get government jobs. Are you one of those bureaucrats?
    Trump is always being accused of being racist.
    Yet Obama and Biden have flat out murdered many black and brown people with the Libya fiasco.
    So I guess killing them ‘isn’t’ racist but allegedly being ‘mean’ to them is???

To have that be ok is corruption all on it’s own.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grimtraveller View Post
    It would help we outlanders very much if you guys would define "corrupt" for us. From what I can fathom, what appears to be being espoused is disagreement with policy. I like to live within simple, demonstrable definitions. For example a politician is corrupt if they legislate against prostitution, drug possession and usage and then are filmed smoking crack while with prostitutes. Or if they are found to have tendered contracts to friends without declaring their interests while stating the need to be above board.
    Help us out here.
    I think you make a very good point.

I would say, does the end justify the means as a definition.

But you do make a very good point.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DM60 View Post
    does the end justify the means
    It depends on the end and the proposed means, I reckon.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercreep View Post
    It depends on the end and the proposed means, I reckon.
    I think that is a pretty good response. It is more of a subjective question than most of us want to admit.

Thanks
    Biden is a moderate mild mannered dude who will cater to America's best self.

Because Biden trusts in science and will allow scientists to do their jobs.

Biden will support our traditional allies (UK, Canada, France, etc.).

Biden will work to expand healthcare coverage.

Biden will provide a coherent plan for dealing with coronavirus.

Biden will reduce wealth inequality.

Biden will not be making headlines a dozen times a day, and this will be good for the country by letting us focus on things other than politics all the time.

Biden supports campaign finance reform.

Biden supports meaningful police reform.

Biden will provide disaster relief to California.

Biden supports an independent justice department.

Biden will encourage Democracy throughout the world.

Biden will fight for basic human decency for immigrants and their children.

Biden has an experienced and qualified team around him.

Biden will support Hong Kong.

Biden will pressure China to stop their terrible treatment of the Uighurs.

Biden will support climate change initiatives.

Biden will rejoin and enforce the Iran nuclear deal.
    Oh this is the talking points thread

Thread Information