Prayers needed !!!

BushmasterM4

My nephew was attacked near Ohio State University at a college bar. He was knocked down and during the fall he sustained a severe skull fracture. He is at Grant Hospital (where he is a student nurse). Luckily a trauma surgeon and trauma nurse were close by and came to his aid. He is in ICU and things dont look good. He has severe brain swelling and they fear the worst. Our family needs prayers. His brother was with him at the time and said that it was some dumbass, who neither knew, just picked my nephew as his target. The police are reviewing video at the club to get an ID on the guy who attacked him. This was a needless act and frustrate the hell out of me. Please pray for my family, Thanks

Thanks. We lost another nephew a few years back (26 years old), due to a heart condition. I dont want to go through this again. Not like this.

All my prayers, best wishes, and positive thoughts and energy that he will soon make a full recovery.

Update. He took a turn for the worse, early this afternoon. He developed a fever and had problems breathing. They finally were able to releave pressure in his brain, but they are saying to be prepared for damage. The pressure was too high for too long they say. They have now put him into an induced coma to see if that will help him. Thanks again for all your thaughts. No word on the guy who assaulted him.

...still sending out best thoughts and wishes from here....here's hoping for healing....

Sorry to hear it Bushmaster.... Sending best wishes your way. Here's hoping that they find the guy who did this too. :mad:

They were taking him into surgery today to remove to pieces of his skull. His brain started to swell again and more relief is needed. Doctors said to prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. Good kid studying to be a nurse, never hurt anyone. Just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Thanks to all for thier prayers and thaughts.

The surgery to remove brain pressure went fine and pressure was releaved. But now his face and body is swelling. They think the fluid on his lungs is causing this. Who knows seems at times they just guess. Thanks agin for the prayers and thaughts. I will keep the thread updated.

The Columbus police reviewed the video tapes and have the guy on film. Also a patron of the bar came foward and said a friend of his knows the guy and said he would identify him in a line up. They are looking for him and its just a matter of time before they have him. The only good news of the day.

Cant sleep. Recieved a call from my sister around 3:00am. My nephew Nick had a massive stroke and has passed away. My sister and husband are making arangements then heading home. Thanks to all who kept us in your prayers and thaughts. Please think of my sister, her husband and their other son. It will be hardest on them. Thanks again. Mike

My sincere condolences to you and your/his family! :(

I have faith the culprit will be caught. However I don't have faith in the fact that the appropriate punishment will be dealt......which in my opinion should be the death penalty. :mad:

I am so sorry for your loss :( Thoughts and prayers are with you, your sister, and your extended family.

Back