PewDiePie - this is the top of YouTube competition.

miroslav

Cosmic Cowboy
It's cool that he's gotten this much attention...but it kinda leaves me wondering what's the essence of good entertainment and art these days...?
OK...there's "some" humor in what he does...though nothing I would find funny to watch day after day (kinda schmaltzy and sophomoric, IMO)...but 10 billion (that's B not M) views, I guess there's a lot of people that can't get enough.

*shrug*

I guess this "raises" the bar if you're looking for YouTube "fame".

https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/pewdiepie-on-youtube-fame-gaming-the-bros-and-211845082.html

Last edited:
Lol fricking Katie Couric....trying to lure him into a loaded question right around 4:08. That's why I don't watch the news anymore.

I usually avoid anything "Katie Couric"...her dull, boring "Katie Explains" episodes....but I was curious about this guy and why he was getting 10 billion views on YT.

I would imagine it becomes a job after the first few million views lol...
I've never followed anyone on YT but my wife is addicted to a bunch of the bloggers.
I think it's like watching reality TV or something.
My addiction is the news channel I'm pretty much a news junkie.

My addiction is the news channel I'm pretty much a news junkie.

Oh...you're one of those. :D
When my mother comes up from FL...that's all she wants to watch. She'll channel surf between CNN and FOX...or just leave one of them on for hours.
It drives me nuts, because after the first 20 minutes...the shit just cycles around over and over.
I'll finally persuade her to turn it off or watch something else....half-hour later, she'll be like, "put the news on, let's see if there's something new". :p
When she's not here...I almost never watch the news. I'll get my main news bytes on the Internet maybe once in the morning for like 5 minutes...and again later in the afternoon/evening, again for 5 minutes. I just quickly skim through the more interesting stories (of which there are usually few and far between).

Back