OK. This place is starting to scare me.

My real concern was that most religious threads traditionally turn into shit flinging festivals. The few supposedly nice threads here have already played host to a couple of anti-semitic comments and while I try my best to take them as light hearted, non serious jabs, in truth, they make me angry to the point of never wanting to come back here except for the fact that I've made some real friends here. Friends that I've gotten into my car and traveled hundreds of miles to see in person at Jamfest.

So what am I saying? I realize you can't tell people to not talk about religion. Hell, I started threads here about the afterlife myself...though they were not pimping any specific religious doctrine, they still ended up tuning into a religious thread, replete with anti-semitic comments. So for starting them, I can only really blame myself. :rolleyes:

In my defense, I don' think either of the threads I started turned into shit flinging festivals.

Nor were they started to 'pimp any specific religious doctrine.'

On the contrary, I think apl, becks, muttley and others made articulate contributions.

The anti-semitic comments are regrettable. Obviously, Ghost, I had absolutely no intention of facilitating any such viewpoints, even ones made in jest. (Trust me, I know how irritating comments made in jest can get).

So, long story short, I am sorry if you were offended. As I'm sure you know, I have a massive amount of respect for you, and wouldn't like you to feel pissed off about a thread that i started.

I'll keep things purely secular here from now on, although I did enjoy my discussions with apl.

In my defense, I don' think either of the threads I started turned into shit flinging festivals.

Nor were they started to 'pimp any specific religious doctrine.'

On the contrary, I think apl, becks, muttley and others made articulate contributions.

The anti-semitic comments are regrettable. Obviously, Ghost, I had absolutely no intention of facilitating any such viewpoints, even ones made in jest. (Trust me, I know how irritating comments made in jest can get).

So, long story short, I am sorry if you were offended. As I'm sure you know, I have a massive amount of respect for you, and wouldn't like you to feel pissed off about a thread that i started.

I'll keep things purely secular here from now on, although I did enjoy my discussions with apl.

Hey!

Don't sweat it. ;)

I just got a bit spooked when I saw a whole bunch of religious threads popping up here and thought this was going to turn into the 700 Club or something weird like that. :p

And as far as the Jewish comments were concerned, I really wasn't as bugged at them as I was about what I just mentioned.

Please don't let me determine what you talk or don't talk about here. I don't own this place. :cool: Consider it a mid life temper tantrum on my part.

Cheers! :)

This is what the Cave was like before a tiny minority of people decided anal amusements were the order of the day.

We used to have all kinds of great discussions about everything from philosophy to physics. It's great when you can relax without expecting someone to pop in over your shoulder and call you gay for thinking.

Amazing what a long absence from a place does to a persons memory.

The Cave has ALWAYS been about anal amusements!

Also, that "tiny minority" should read "tiny minority de jour". It has been wave after wave of a "tiny minority" in the Cave.

Stick around for a while Dragon. You may learn something yet about your own website! ;)

It's strange because some number of people on the opposite side of the political and social coin feel that government and society at large are in danger of becoming dominated by the Christian right, evangelicals, and so-called "values voters."

I don't think it's strange at all. If "separation of church and state" is of strong value to the US Constitution, and every single candidate on your ballot is of generally the same faith, it can seem like a conflict of interest to those who don't share the same faith.

The few supposedly nice threads here have already played host to a couple of anti-semitic comments and while I try my best to take them as light hearted, non serious jabs, in truth, they make me angry to the point of never wanting to come back here except for the fact that I've made some real friends here.

For Christ's sake, they were jokes, lighten up.

Amazing what a long absence from a place does to a persons memory.

The Cave has ALWAYS been about anal amusements!

Also, that "tiny minority" should read "tiny minority de jour". It has been wave after wave of a "tiny minority" in the Cave.

Stick around for a while Dragon. You may learn something yet about your own website! ;)

OK, I agree with your gay French addition.

But I think I know a lot more than you think! Remember, I didn't change or close the Cave!

OK, I agree with your gay French addition.

But I think I know a lot more than you think! Remember, I didn't change or close the Cave!

Yes, you are starting to catch on a bit.

Soon, this place will be as active as the Event Electronics and Analog forums are! :D

If that’s not scary enough, I noticed over the years that God threads would start when someone was about to "Buy it." At least that's how things ended up. As crazy as it sounds the Cave may have been the last chance some have had to consider their spiritual options or hear the Gospel. No apologies from me for sounding off when the subject comes up. ;)

I took a lot of neg rep for it, but that didn't stop me then. It's nice to be able to discuss deeper issues of life without getting into a pissing match or rep war. As long as people are interested, I'm game. I don't think I've ever started a religious thread that I remember, but when they come up I might have something to say.

God might be real… what then? :cool:

Yet I do agree there are people that call themselves Christians that are full of hot air. I've never liked that either...

:D :D :D

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KBqc6jcoQxs
https://youtube.com/watch?v=DIhv26Lh460&mode=related&search=

:D

Back