My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt it odd the place that leaks the virus to the world is doing the best to contain it?

Some who are less informed than I might ponder that dichotomy. Firstly though China did a great job of keeping the numbers low there are several other countries who locked down and took it serious from the get go that have had equally low or lower stats. America earns "First Place" as the country who did the worst job.

Qualifier....I have been going to China since 2006 ..have spent over a year of my life there 2 and 3 weeks at a time..Have 100's of friends and business associates there. My Nephew lived in Shanghai for 3 years as one of the project managers on the Disneyland project. What I'm saying is I have an American insiders perspective of how it is in China and trust me it is not what Trump and a lot of haters would like you to believe.

Leaks the virus?
OK I realize were not experts and we have been bombarded with a lot of ignorant misinformation and "theories".
Here is an enlightening article from a virologist from Penn State that will shed some light on this subject that you, I and most people certainly are not aware of. Virus's happen and they happen in ASIA ( not just China) and AFRICA most often
As these developing countries grow and move into jungles and forest where these unintroduced virus's exist...they jump from the local creatures to us ...As long as the world population keeps growing these strange bugs will come and go.

What I am trying to convey here is that it really doesn't matter where it came from. It's here and it is screwing up the world and way to many countries were way to lax and complacent and the numbers don't lie...WE WERE REMISS and still are being so!
Try and fly into Vietnam right now...good luck Vietnam as of October 20th 401 cases / 0 deaths Here's an article that kind of screws with statistics but in the way they calculated it the 5 countries that did the best and the 5 countries that did the worst so far

Not us ......we let everyone in...My Chinese partner flew into LAX 3 weeks ago from China...walked right through customs, no temperature taken...nothing..
Holy Stupidity!
If I fly into China right now I have to stay in a special hotel for incoming people for 14 days ...on my dime...When he goes back so does he..

As mentioned some countries like Vietnam just say hell no...no one comes in...we don't need that shit.

Last edited:
I'm reposting how China handled it from a Chinese business associate I deal with.

"I am really felt so sorry about the worse corona virus situation in the world. Here I'd like to share the experience I went through personally in China when the corona virus started spreading from the end of January.

1. The mainly affected province Wuhan, Hubei, which is 60+ million population : The government locked all the city exits to stop any people to go out of the city, until now, Wuhan people still can stay at home only, even the situation already much much better now.

About the people already went out from HUBEI province, the local officials tracking their routine and asked these people isolated immediately at least 14 days, and the people he had contacted and the people in the same flight, same train and bus or taxi and places he visited, also under quarantine.

And about the people outside Hubei province, at that time it was the Chinese New Year, actually we need family and relatives reunion, but all cancelled.
We can only stay at home,can't meet and visit our relatives and friends.

2. All the buses, temples, restaurants, cinemas, shops, factories and schools etc.. are closed to avoid any people gathering. And the governments asked people to clean and sterilize the public place every day.

3. When I come back to XIAMEN from my hometown, every highway station need to check our body temperature and submit our health information in mobile App.

4. After arrived at Xiamen, the government asked us to isolate at least 14 days and every day need to report our body temperature to the local officers to prove our health status, including the kids.

5. After 14 days, finally we can go out, but have to wear mask. Temperature checking is in every entry of buildings and communities.
We also need to wear mask when working, and wash hands frequently by soap or alcohol based rub , the distance between people should be at least 1 meter. meanwhile, body temperature must be checked every day by our factory. Some staffs just catch a cold or cough, they were asked to stay at home immediately.

I’ve said many times that the right (republicans) and the left (democrats) are just the two wings of the same bird of prey.

If you would objectively look at it, you’d notice that no matter which group is in power, this country still gets worse as far as our loss of rights and liberties.

Does it?

When we started this country we had slavery. That was bad, right?

14 years before I was born, black people couldn't drink from the same water fountains or eat at the same lunch counter. That is laughably terrible relative to today.

Seems to me it is important that we recognize progress while also recognizing things that have gotten worse (such as income inequality).

Seems to me it is important that we recognize progress while also recognizing things that have gotten worse (such as income inequality).

With regard to income equality...I call bullshit

Why is it that my friend who is Black and grew up in the rough part of LA was able to achieve greatness and wealth? It sure wasn't because someone handed it to him. I have never known anyone with a stronger work ethic than him. Cutting lawns, wheeling n dealing antique clocks from swap meets..earned a PHD ...a life career as a history teacher in South Central LA changing and inspiring other kids from the hood that America is the land of opportunity if you get off your ass and hustle. He was lucky...they say I have noticed that one thing is common in most financially wealthy people who came from nothing...The harder they worked the "luckier" they were. Sure they ran into walls but they persevered, innovated and overcame.

The welfare systems, the EBT programs, the unemployment programs all encourage apathy and free lunches. It will not change in this new administration. The handouts will continue but it was refreshing to see this today..."HARD WORK, LOW PAY, MISERABLE CONDITIONS, AND MORE!" Yep that's the 2020 slogan of the California Conservation Corps...How awesome that a program my father worked in the 30's, tail end of the depression has been resurrected and young men and women can get a lift up..instead of a hand out...and educate and empower them...awesome.... This should be a national program for all people who don't have a job, are physically capable of working and are looking to have a better life.

Sitting at home sipping on sodas, eating chips and waiting the next charity check to come avails us nothing but apathetic diabetic leeches sucking the life blood out of our communities...

Circa 1934 ....My Pops is the skinny dude down in the middle with the hat on "supervising" ;) The La Purisima Mission restoration

pops.JPG

Last edited:
Does it?

When we started this country we had slavery. That was bad, right?

14 years before I was born, black people couldn't drink from the same water fountains or eat at the same lunch counter. That is laughably terrible relative to today.

Sure there have been improvements and positive changes such as ending slavery and the civil rights movement.

However, remember this. The USA ended slavery. Slavery was a worldwide phenomenon and the liberals would like to re-educate everyone into the lie that slavery was an American ‘invention’

Slavery goes back to biblical times and before. America ended it here. That’s something that should be applauded.

But to this day slavery still exists outside of the USA.
Many view the Chinese factory workers as slaves. I dunno, never been there.

I do know that the overthrow of Libya orchestrated by Obama Biden and Hillary brought slavery back in that country. The actual buying and selling of human beings.

So much for those progressive leaders you love. :)

Last edited:
Sure there have been improvements and positive changes such as ending slavery and the civil rights movement.

However, remember this. The USA ended slavery. Slavery was a worldwide phenomenon and the liberals would like to re-educate everyone into the lie that slavery was an American ‘invention’

I'm liberal and this is the first time I've ever heard of that. I know lots of liberals, never heard anyone make that claim.

And yes you're right, slavery is as old as recorded history. (who do people think built the pyramids?).

The Christian Bible speaks of slavery...

“Slaves, be obedient to your human masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ”

"As for your male and female slaves whom you may have—you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you. 45Then, too, it is out of the sons of the sojourners who live as aliens among you that you may gain acquisition, and out of their families who are with you, whom they will have produced in your land; they also may become your possession. 46You may even bequeath them to your sons after you, to receive as a possession; you can use them as permanent slaves. But in respect to your countrymen, the sons of Israel, you shall not rule with severity over one another."

"If you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years; but on the seventh he shall go out as a free man without payment. 3If he comes alone, he shall go out alone; if he is the husband of a wife, then his wife shall go out with him. 4If his master gives him a wife, and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall belong to her master, and he shall go out alone. 5But if the slave plainly says, 'I love my master, my wife and my children; I will not go out as a free man,' 6then his master shall bring him to God, then he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him permanently."

...so it boggles my mind that anyone could think slavery is as new as 1776 or 1789 or even 1492 when we have a 1600 year-old book that 50% of Americans worship that has explicit rules for how to be a good slaver. :confused:

Come on, you can’t be so naive as to not be aware of the narrative that the United States was a country founded on slavery and is therefore evil. When in fact slavery was commonplace worldwide and the US is the country that stopped it. (At least here)
I think being part of the solution (ending slavery) is and should be commendable.

Slavery is wrong and a human rights violation.

However all that being said, I think slavery was on it’s way out with the industrial revolution anyway. Machines could do the work of people far cheaper than humans.

The root of slavery (imho) is more greed and the pursuit of profits than for any other reason. Businesses and corporations love the cheap labor. And we love affordable products.

We all love our iPhones and devices, but would we love them so much if they were made in the USA at American wages????

I think it a little hypocritical to oppose slavery, but if it occurs out of sight out of mind, it’s ok

John Pilger has some excellent documentaries about the slave labor sweatshops making clothing in Asia.

In closing, America has come a long way, but needs to do better. I’ll give you that. But as I stated in an earlier post, we’ve lost a lot of freedoms along the way too.

But to this day slavery still exists outside of the USA.
Many view the Chinese factory workers as slaves. I dunno, never been there.

Yes on the slavery exist outside of USA and for that matter in the USA illegally...

In China the same...not legal but exist mainly in the sex slave market. These days in China normal factory workers have more rights than workers in the USA. One really sad part of a large portion of Chinese workers is this..In China the factories are consolidated in geographic areas assigned as such and workers come from villages all over China to work at these factories. Though I would guess ( and it's just a guess)maybe close to 40% actually go home at night to their families...the other 60% live at the factory for most of the year only going home maybe 2 or 3 times a year...with 2 of those trips being very short the last one (Chinese New Year) being about 3 weeks.. It is very common for at least one parent to do this and sometimes both and the grand parents pretty much raise the kids. As a "nuclear family" dude kind of makes me sad for them but they, like all us freely giving away 40 hours of our life each week for some crumbs do it willingly and accept it as the norm. we all cray cray... I've said it for years we have it all screwed up....5 days on 2 days off...ass backward bullshit...it should be 2 days on 5 days off.

It's not slavery as it was back in the day but we are all slaves to the almighty dollar.

Wrote this poem about 48 years ago when I realized I, just like my parents before me, was just a cog in the wheel of the great machine...Churning n burning till I get replaced.

I'd finally found a job where I made a decent wage and was treated with some kind of respect and appreciation. And yet it was the same as when I was busting my ass for half the amount of money and getting treated like shit ...yeah I had a little more, could live a little better but I was in a dead end road going nowhere. I could have spent the rest of my life there as many of the lifers there had with their "profit sharing" Some of them retired millionaires but they sure didn't live the life of a millionaire in the 30 years it took them to get that pay out.

The place was called Sues, Young and Brown we worker bees called it SYB

SYB

7 in the morning makes me tired
Makes me wish I'd get laid of get fired
But I'm trapped by the coins in my pocket
Forty hours a week plugged into a socket
and echoes of the past have caught me at last.

It doesn't make sense
It just takes up our time
Could all this talk about heaven
Just be a nursery rhyme?
And echoes of the past have caught me at last

There was more to the poem but you get the jest of it.

7 in the morning makes me tired
Makes me wish I'd get laid of get fired
But I'm trapped by the coins in my pocket
Forty hours a week plugged into a socket
and echoes of the past have caught me at last.

It doesn't make sense
It just takes up our time
Could all this talk about heaven
Just be a nursery rhyme?
And echoes of the past have caught me at last

There was more to the poem but you get the jest of it.

It is called the golden handcuffs. I will further add, the more we are addicted to our stuff, the more we are enslaved by our own choices.

Reactions: TAE
Some who are less informed than I might ponder that dichotomy.

You drink the China kool-aid and assume you are informed. You have your low level information like anyone else, in being shown what they want you to see. IMO after SARS and now COVID China should be banned from researching virus's until the global community can help them learn how to handle the work.

You drink the China kool-aid and assume you are informed. You have your low level information like anyone else, in being shown what they want you to see. IMO after SARS and now COVID China should be banned from researching virus's until the global community can help them learn how to handle the work.

Oh OK .....:o sorry man I guess I came off a bit condescending and that was not my intention ..You're a cool cat and I want's to stay cool with you. Yeah it's just my personal jaded perspective ...but to be clear I don't think I've ever even seen Kool aid in China yet alone drink any there......man I have drank a lot of tea...it's like a big deal over there ...But at 67 I do like to pollute my body with that Merican flavored food coloring sans the sugar and replaced with Stevia

They take the tea thing really serious.....

e1b22c8ee5f1f82d05e55ec032f7f98e.jpg

I wonder what China would be like if people there could smoke pot...Been there many many of times and been all over and never once have I seen or smelled weed in China....I know some good hash was allegedly coming from Tibet back in the late 70's...hmmmm?

Girls would still have the same smooth hot pubic hair and men would still be drinking snake bile to get hard. They’d just eat more rice

wow...bopped in to riff on China and CORONA virus and got "smooth hot pubic hair" ..? lol

I dont know , for a US dude I wouldnt want to get tossed in any jail in China for smoking something...the US is bad enough but slowly relaxing a lot of the communistic like laws towards smooth hot pubic hair weed.

Anyway...hope everyone follows the safety plans and "double down" until the vaccines get released to us and so smooth hot pubic hair could be the answer too for a happy holiday season, but being healthy is up there.

Corona....TAE i probaly had too much coffee that day.. peace

men would still be drinking snake bile to get hard.

LOL my bud who was the driving force to get me to go to China in the first place....had an "experience" there where they got him to drink something at dinner and it was woody time for way too long of a time. Totally straight shooting married guy so no hanky panky but he had a woodrow for a painfully long time and his host were laughing their asses off at him. He passed a year and a half ago but I think it was the snake venom thing...Whatever it was it worked way too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back