My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said many times that the right (republicans) and the left (democrats) are just the two wings of the same bird of prey.

If you would objectively look at it, you’d notice that no matter which group is in power, this country still gets worse as far as our loss of rights and liberties.

It doesn’t matter who’s in power, we’re still marching into that lack of freedom, utopian, bullshit, surveillance state with more and more government control over our lives.

That would make me more of a libertarian because I value the principles of freedom outlined in the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution and The Bill of rights.

Look at our loss of freedoms right now under the guise of public health and ‘saving lives’
And this is occurring under a republican presidency and republican controlled senate. Appalling!

But, however insane the republicans are, ‘ the democrats are 200X more insane.

The democratic party of earlier years wouldn’t recognize what your party has turned into.

These people are purposely destroying this country, all to get Trump out of power and take control. Hillary is still pissed off that she lost.

So am I Republican? No. Do I think they’re better than the Dems? Absolutely.
Lesser of two evils.

Ps. Don’t go hating on me just because I’m Smart and Beautiful. :)

Last edited:
So am I Republican? No. Do I think they’re better than the Dems? Absolutely.
Lesser of two evils.

When I had to renew my drivers license this year they asked what party I was part of and they offered a fill in the blank option...

I wrote in American .... This crazy division of the parties combined with the big money that is capable of moving the goal post all over the football field is scary shit

. Don’t go hating on me just because I’m Smart and Beautiful. :)

There you go distorting the truth again :laughings: Be well RFR!

Last edited:
New approach to recording COVID deaths | Loughborough University

British university says actual COVID deaths much much less than reported. In some cases 54 to 63% less than the ‘official’ numbers.

No surprise to me . With my own ears, I heard Debra Birx say in a WH briefing, that people ‘with’ covid would be counted as dying ‘from’ covid. So gunshots, motorcycle crashes suicides heart attacks are all fair game for a covid designation i guess.

This is just one of many reports from reputable sources that counter that.

Just sharing the paper. You’re free to make up your own mind. Pretty sure this study isn’t from a bunch of Republicans ;)

Last edited:
Thats my main problem with all this ....the data , data inconsistency.

Ive got my DFW frontline connections and they tell me and its more important and real.....and is why I stay 6ft out and wear a mask and wash my hands and try my best to not go stir-crazy and head out to Wal-Germ-Mart and Home-Germ-People Depot.

The whole mess of testing positive!! ooops! nope Negative...oops test 3 says positive!! lets try the new test!! oh no youre positive ...will retest...guess what NEGATIVE!!! probably need to try the extended test....oh you are positive!! wait...no negative accidentally sent you someone elses test....darn it!

thats my impression of the COVID testing to date.

No surprise to me . With my own ears, I heard Debra Birx say in a WH briefing, that people ‘with’ covid would be counted as dying ‘from’ covid. So gunshots, motorcycle crashes suicides heart attacks are all fair game for a covid designation i guess.

That is utterly false. Wow.

That is utterly false. Wow.
You’re full of it
.She said what she said.
You denying that she said people with covid would be counted as dying from??

The last sentence was my own extrapolation. But there have been news reports supporting my last sentence.

Well POTUS has it...isn't that special...

last week a buddy from High school days posted that he has tested positive , asking for prayers saying he was too weak to respond...This dude was a bad ass martial arts instructor..... @ 65 or so...2 days later his wife is posting he passed.....

Crazy bug .....some barely get hit and some die...My friends wife is now almost 3 months and still no smell.....sucks...He, his grand daughter, his 80 year old in laws all good never had to go to the hospital and feeling great...

Well POTUS has it...isn't that special...

last week a buddy from High school days posted that he has tested positive , asking for prayers saying he was too weak to respond...This dude was a bad ass martial arts instructor..... @ 65 or so...2 days later his wife is posting he passed.....

Crazy bug .....some barely get hit and some die...My friends wife is now almost 3 months and still no smell.....sucks...He, his grand daughter, his 80 year old in laws all good never had to go to the hospital and feeling great...
It's kinda obvious that HR isn't what it once was when quite a few (not all) respected each other.
You know I'm saying.
POTUS has been diagnosed positive, along with FLOTUS, along with a few others in the inner circle.
That fact, alone, should be evidence that no matter what precautions any of us take....it might not be enough.....regardless of diligent precautions to avoid Covid.
Sorry to read that you lost a friend due to Covid.
I lost an aunt two weeks ago. No definitive diagnosis yet, but I
suspect that she succumbed to Covid.

like anything it gets sadly more serious when it hits close to home.
and aunt or uncle or coworker dying , imo, is closer than the POTUS....and wont get the 5star help POTUS gets.

i still dont believe the numbers are clear and theres too many test types and test results being screwed up...

Trump and his administration did not take coronavirus seriously, and they did not take the proper precautions.

Even after Trump knew someone close to him (Hope Hicks) was diagnosed, he continued to not wear a mask and meet with dozens of supporters up close and unprotected.

Remember your New Year? With the bringing in of the new year, there are usually hopes, aspirations and resolutions.

2020 was remarkable in the fact that it was not just a new year, but a new decade. A new start, hopefully filled with promise, prosperity, happiness..... all that good stuff.

Well, the world we live in now is a complete disaster. What started out as a 2 week lockdown to “flatten the curve” and keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed turned into an extended ‘soft’ Marshall law.
Not from the Covid, but from the politicians.

They’re all evil bastards, busy ushering in this ‘new normal’

While I wish Trump a speedy recovery, he’s complicit in this mess we’re all in.

The world we live in is unrecognizable from that of the New Years celebrations.

A lot of small businesses forever closed, big corporations richer, New York City a ghost town, people being fined and arrested for not ‘complying’

All this and more for a virus that has a 99% survivability rate.

The worst part????? People are getting used to it. Some are patiently waiting for the unproven vaccine. Some are waiting for Trump to save us. Some think Biden (Harris) is going to make it right.

Our world has forever changed. And not by some virus, but by corrupt power hungry politicians, Bankers, mega corporations, pharmaceutical companies.

In short, Rich bastards that could give a shit about us ‘normal people’ .

Last edited:
‘normal people’ .

HEY! Who you calling normal? :D It's a wild world.....it's hard to get by just upon a smile. Ya know 1% dead is a high percentage when you're the 1%. I sure don't like the odds and my buddy who passed last week sure was on the wrong side of those odds.. 1 out of 100....shit! :eek:

I am not sure there is a right answer at this time. I imagine there are some big corporations that have made money on this virus...certainly less than "1%" of all the big corporations unless I am missing something...Not all big corporations are making money hand over fist in this disaster... in fact most are struggling big time with unwanted layoffs and financial drought to ruin...The airlines, The amusement parks, the chain restaurants like soup plantation and hometown buffet...it's a shit storm for most of us...just some worse than others.....

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Yes being on the losing end of the numbers sucks.

But the rest of us have to adapt and live in this screwed up world they’ve created.

Me, I’ll gladly take my chances to be able to live a normal life.

Gecko Zed posted this almost 8 months ago Too bad we didn't get a clue...

China is pretty much Covid free and has been for 5 months...us not so much
Fun real FACT LA County with 10 million people has had more cases and more deaths than ALL OF China's 1.4 billion population..

I think we are just a little bit touched in the head..

I posted this below in this thread on 3-28-2020

I am copying and pasting a message I received on Linkedin from one of my Chinese associates below so you can understand just how much more seriously China took this than MOST of the rest of the world and the results mirror the degree of severity that countries went about locking down. That faster and harder they were the better their results. In the message she tells her story but leaves out some hardcore details like the fact that if you were in Wuhan where 80% of the people live in apartments for two plus weeks you were locked in your apartment with a security tape seal across your door ...no in or out only able to get that door open when officials came with the bare necessities food, water, TP and prescriptions you needed to live.

With China going into their 12th week and the U.S. into our 4th per capita we already have twice as many cases..with 25% of CHina's population ................Houston...we have a problem....Hopefully we can improve on how we go about slowing this down....

Here's what she wrote.....

"I am really felt so sorry about the worse corona virus situation in the world. Here I'd like to share the experience I went through personally in China when the corona virus started spreading from the end of January.

1. The mainly affected province Wuhan, Hubei, which is 60+ million population : The government locked all the city exits to stop any people to go out of the city, until now, Wuhan people still can stay at home only, even the situation already much much better now.

About the people already went out from HUBEI province, the local officials tracking their routine and asked these people isolated immediately at least 14 days, and the people he had contacted and the people in the same flight, same train and bus or taxi and places he visited, also under quarantine.

And about the people outside Hubei province, at that time it was the Chinese New Year, actually we need family and relatives reunion, but all cancelled.
We can only stay at home,can't meet and visit our relatives and friends.

2. All the buses, temples, restaurants, cinemas, shops, factories and schools etc.. are closed to avoid any people gathering. And the governments asked people to clean and sterilize the public place every day.

3. When I come back to XIAMEN from my hometown, every highway station need to check our body temperature and submit our health information in mobile App.

4. After arrived at Xiamen, the government asked us to isolate at least 14 days and every day need to report our body temperature to the local officers to prove our health status, including the kids.

5. After 14 days, finally we can go out, but have to wear mask. Temperature checking is in every entry of buildings and communities.
We also need to wear mask when working, and wash hands frequently by soap or alcohol based rub , the distance between people should be at least 1 meter. meanwhile, body temperature must be checked every day by our factory. Some staffs just catch a cold or cough, they were asked to stay at home immediately.

Sincerely hope the above information can do a little help for you to avoid any corona virus contact. If anything we can do for you, please feel free to contact us.Our minds and thoughts are with you. I hope all well.

Take care! Stay strong!!"

Sadly this was around the time the dumb ass CDC was saying we don't need to wear mask only if you have it or you are in healthcare...The shit storm bullshit arguments I had here with anti mask folks was frustrating but so very understandable with the leaders sending totally wrong information out..

To this day we still have not instituted mandatory temperature taking in all public places...THIS is equally as big a screw up and mistake as the "you don't need a mask" message and STILL exist.

China is fully open for business and has been for FIVE months!, mask are not mandatory but temperature taking in all public places is still enforced... They put this damn virus to bed in 3 months by playing hardball we are still half ass bumbling our way through this nightmare waiting for "the cure" the vaccine.... we truly dropped the ball big time on this disaster...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back