My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take a look to see if I bookmarked it. Given the vast stuff on the net about the virus, it would probably be near impossible to do a search. I'll try to find it anyway.

The study said heating/AC air moves the virus around a room. The only sure way to prevent the spread was filtering the air. They mentioned the analogy of smelling smoke if someone is smoking.

I wear a mask, now. Whether it helps, or hurts. I can't say. It does make me nervous fiddling with a mask on my face, touching my face with my hands. I wear a glove on one hand and keep the other to myself. I have found if I choose to wear a glove on both hands I am more apt to get mixed up and touch things willy nilly. I keep away from people, social distance, if you will. I do not want my wife or I to get sick, especially my wife. I try to be safe, and encourage others to do the same. The sooner this thing is over, the better. However, i'm not seeing tremendous evidence that supports government mandates are getting us there. I do not have a death wish, and it would kill me if anything were to ever happen to my wife, but a part of me believes we have to muscle through this thing no matter the cost.

The highlight of this entire thread, coming from DM I believe, "When life is too precious to live." I do believe this thing is very, very serious. But at what cost do we watch as everything goes to shit while we hide ourselves away from something that seemingly cannot be stopped by hiding ourselves away?

As far as the government, mixed messages and full of shit, it would seem. Of the protests, they either refuse to say and dismiss when questioned, or outright say there is no evidence the protests have or will result in a spread of the virus. Some want to say with no evidence to support the claim that Herman Cain (RIP) died because he went a Trump rally. Will they attribute any future deaths to the Lewis funeral. The funeral was held in Georgia, classified as a high risk area. The mayor of DC has issued mandatory quarantine for anyone traveling from high risk areas into DC. Guess who is immune from this mandatory quarantine. Suck lack of even handedness naturally results in distrust among the general public. Why would it not?

But at what cost do we watch as everything goes to shit while we hide ourselves away from something that seemingly cannot be stopped by hiding ourselves away?
The cost will be high. A cost so high that the U.S. will pay, because of a lack of leadership at the Congressional and Senatorial level simply because of their juvenile personalities. And by that...I mean every fucking member of Congress and the Senate.

They all need to be voted out office for their refusal to work together on behalf of the American people.

In the meantime....China is winning at destroying the U.S. from within.

TAE, thank you for calling me out for not only not linking to the study I mentioned, but perhaps overstating the conclusion of the study as far as masks go. I'll make an attempt to find and post the study. I too would like to read the study again with fresh eyes. Whether I overstated the conclusions of the study we can all judge for ourselves. The takeaway I got from it was that masks will not stop this thing. Every school, restaurant, etc etc has to be equipped with filtering systems, otherwise the climate control systems will just circulate the virus around within an enclosed space and potentially infect everyone....depending on where they are sitting and regardless of whether they are wearing a mask or not.

The cost will be high. A cost so high that the U.S. will pay, because of a lack of leadership at the Congressional and Senatorial level simply because of their juvenile personalities. And by that...I mean every fucking member of Congress and the Senate.

They all need to be voted out office for their refusal to work together on behalf of the American people.

In the meantime....China is winning at destroying the U.S. from within.

The legislation that made corporations “people”, as in they have the same rights as any citizen, is a big factor in all this. (Citizens United)

So, having the same rights as us, yet having vast resources they have really been destructive.

With the massive campaign donations and lobbying efforts, it creates a situation where our representatives DO NOT work for us! They’re almost all involved in prostituting themselves to the highest bidder. Arms dealers, Pharma companies, giant tech corporations, etc.

A person will end up doing the bidding of the person paying them.

Widespread corruption, graft, and conflicts of interest are the order of the day.

Will they investigate and hold congressional hearings? No. They’re almost all in on it.

Teddy Rosevelt once said “anyone that leaves public office as a millionaire is a crook.”

Well, we got a LOT of crooks.

Maybe every so often, someone that falls out of favor will be investigated and taken down, but thats just a show. Throw the serfs a severed head now and again to show how virtuous we are and make it look like we’re good guys.

Secondly, we have the whole pharmaceutical and vaccine industry. They’re making bllions. And quite frankly a drug like hydroxycloroqiune isn't gonna make them shit! Therefore, it HAS to be fought, demonized and eliminated from the treatment list. And it’s very, very important to get public opinion against it. Hence, censorship of anyone speaking on it’s behalf.

As far as vaccines, pure profit. Zero advertising costs. You have your media and medical shills doing that for you, and the government mandating it.

To top that off, you cannot the sue the vaccine companies for damages you suffer as a result of that needle being jabbed into you.

You can go to the federal vaccine court and sometimes get recompense for damages, but.......we’re all paying for that. Not the vaccine companies. Any payouts for damages awarded come from taxpayer money.

Onto China. They’re a nation of producers, and we are largely a nation of consumers.
We don’t make much in the USA anymore.

Sooner or later we’ll run out of money to be consumers. Just look at the current unemployment numbers.

And UBI? (Universal basic income)
Now the government owns your ass and the corporations own the government.
That’s truly fascism.

Greed, special interests, and our own representatives have thrown “We the People” under the bus. Actually more like thrown under the 18 wheeler.

Covid isn’t destroying this country. The bastards running the show are.

If things continue on this present trajectory, we WILL become just another third world country.

Last edited:
The legislation that made corporations “people”, as in they have the same rights as any citizen, is a big factor in all this. (Citizens United)

So, having the same rights as us, yet having vast resources they have really been destructive.

With the massive campaign donations and lobbying efforts, it creates a situation where our representatives DO NOT work for us! They’re almost all involved in prostituting themselves to the highest bidder. Arms dealers, Pharma companies, giant tech corporations, etc.

A person will end up doing the bidding of the person paying them.

That's exactly correct, but Citizens United was a supreme court ruling, not legislation.

The Citizens United ruling was decided by 5 Republican Justices over the urgent disagreements from 4 Democrat judges.

Whatever.... however you slice it, it’s still law..... and it’s bad.

And why you nitpicking??
You always seem to be a cheerleader for the dems.
They’re all crooks! Republicans and Democrats alike.

This two party system is a great way to divide us and keep ‘we the people’ at each other’s necks, when we should be going after those in power.

The concept of divide and conquer has been around for a long time.......Why must we continue to fall for it???

Last edited:
I tell you what. All this shite is a new thing which has come about in the past 10 years. If I was made the leader of a country tomorrow. I would make it a compulsory life term in prison to anyone guilty of spreading false information through the media.

You would see some changes then.

It appears the only way not to get involved in all this crap is to remove yourself from the internet. I havent watched tv for nearly 15 years because it was dire. Now the internet is getting far worse but in a different way.

It is the dumbing down of the population by confusion. Just fill them full of crap until they don't know what to believe.

I tell you what. All this shite is a new thing which has come about in the past 10 years. If I was made the leader of a country tomorrow. I would make it a compulsory life term in prison to anyone guilty of spreading false information through the media.

That is a very, very bad idea. Maybe a tad harsh? Rather than a life sentence, maybe they could be...oh, I don't know, be sent to spend a little time in re-education camps?

Who gets to decide, false information? There are grey areas in myriad potentially contentious and disputable subject matters. Surely you don't mean that?

Whatever.... however you slice it, it’s still law..... and it’s bad.

And why you nitpicking??

You voted for Citizens United and continue to vote for citizens United - whether you know it or not. That's not nitpicking. It's a tremendously impactful and corrupt result, and it is absolutely a partisan issue.

Republican justices will uphold Citizens United. Democrat justices will oppose it. The two political parties could not be more different on this particular issue.

Last edited:
That is a very, very bad idea. Maybe a tad harsh? Rather than a life sentence, maybe they could be...oh, I don't know, be sent to spend a little time in re-education camps?

Who gets to decide, false information? There are grey areas in myriad potentially contentious and disputable subject matters. Surely you don't mean that?

This is a modern thing. In the old days the papers put some bits of crap about but they could be easily disputed. Also they were limited to cost as paper and ink cost money. You didnt get much false reporting on television and if they got caught out they had to issue an apology.

Now it is an industry. Put out as much crap on an opponent as possible and get paid for it. Either directly by their enemies or indirectly by ads of social media.

I can think of better sentences which would cure the problem. Most of it is border line betrayal of their country and traitors used to get the correct punishment.

Also this should apply across the board which would make political people be more relevant with the truth.

It appears the only way not to get involved in all this crap is to remove yourself from the internet. I havent watched tv for nearly 15 years because it was dire. Now the internet is getting far worse but in a different way.

It is the dumbing down of the population by confusion. Just fill them full of crap until they don't know what to believe.

You don't trust journalists because they are biased.

You don't trust academics (Professors and studies done by colleges) because they are liberals.

You don't trust the consensus of the medical community because they're all bought and paid for by big pharma etc.

You don't trust the polls because they just other wing of the biased media and there are really secret Trump supporters who are afraid to answer the polls honestly.

You don't trust scientists on climate change because they have ulterior motives to promote wind and solar energy and hurt the US fossil fuel economy.

You don't trust the Government because centralized planning is pretty much always a terrible thing and the Government is incompetent or corrupt in virtually everything it does.

Have I got this right?

No I dont trust people who tell lies. I dont trust people who try and change what others say either.

Please. Enlighten me. How exactly did I vote for and continue to vote for it?

Did you vote for Trump? Bush? McCain? Romney? Are you going to vote for Trump? Every one of them either did or would appoint justices that created Citizens United or would uphold it as law (or legislation from the bench as you appropriately called it).

Did you vote for Gore, Kerry, Obama, Obama, Clinton, or Biden? Each one of them did or would appoint justices that opposed Citizens United.

Haha! There you go assuming you know something about me. Lol :)
You know nothing about my voting history.

Besides, decisions made by SCOTUS judges are their own, not the president’s.

Republican and Democrat judges have both made good AND shitty ass decisions.

It ‘seems’ that you constantly shill for the dems. I shill for no party.
( note: I use the word ‘seems’ to avoid any outright accusations. :))

The performance of the USA under Trump has been a complete disaster

In your opinion, specifically, in what way has the USA's performance been a complete disaster, and how can that poor performance be laid at the feet of President Trump?

IBB said:
Here is a list of 215 countries. The USA is among the 10 WORST both in terms of coronavirus cases per million people and coronavirus deaths per million people.

What happens if we separate NY from the rest of the USA. The United States of America drops out of the top ten and....New York jumps straight to the top as the worst WORLDWIDE.

New York, Democrat Governor Cuomo. From the very beginning of this thing in the US it was widely known that among the most vulnerable to the virus were the elderly. There was no misinformation involved, that we did know, it was known.

Cuomo word-game defending sending covid into nursing homes, "I just want to reiterate once again that the policy that the Department of Health put out was in line directly with the March 13 directive put out by (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) that read, and I quote, 'Nursing homes should admit any individuals from hospitals where Covid is present,'" said Secretary to the Governor Melissa DeRosa on Saturday during a briefing. "Not could, should ... that is President (Donald) Trump's CMS and CDC." Cuomo, a Democrat, said later in the briefing that he was trying to depoliticize the issue by saying, "New York followed the President's agency's guidance, so that de-politicizes it. What New York did was follow what the Republican administration said to do. So don't criticize this state for following the President's policy."

Yeah, way to de-politicize it, dickhead. The "guidance" doesn't say you should admit to nursing homes individuals who are positive for covid, but should admit individuals from hospitals where covid is present. There is quite a distinction there. Let's take a closer and more realistic look at how Cuomo interpreted the guidance and handled the elderly in nursing homes.

As of March 22, at least 5,700 in New York nursing homes were confirmed or presumed dead due to Covid-19. A March 25 order by the state's Department of Health mandated that nursing homes must not deny readmission or admission to people "solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19." Not, could, or should, but "must". This is the guy Democrats and the press are holding up as a model and example of a leader who handled this covid thing well, model of a decisive leader, potential vice president running mate or even candidate for president. Even Fauci praised NY. NY, highest deaths per capita worlwide. It is criminal how (democrat) NY under (democrat) Cuoma handled covid in nursing homes.

IBB always reduces any subject matter to Republicans bad, Democrats good. Not unlike Cuomo, even when democrats do something bad it's the fault of republicans.

Idiots in office are idiots no matter the party. ;)

You lump everything into two categories:

A) Democrats are scum of the Earth!
B) Both parties do it

How "independent" of you.

Your party created Citizens United with zero Democrat support. You can't even bring yourself to acknowledge something bad Republicans did, even though - without provocation - you claimed to hate the thing Republicans did.

There is no plausible path for you to be anything other than a hardcore Republican.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back