My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tae. This is not a personal attack, and I hope it doesn't sound that way. If I remember correctly you're a tile guy? Yor ever taken a grinder to some old mortar, at the end of the day you take off your mask and there are little(or a lot) of little white lines of dust under your nostrils? We live our lives, go about it and take our chances. Yeah?

I hope your nephew is going to be alright, and I understand he has autism, which is a challenge. But every way along the line there was opportunity for choice and personal responsibility. From your nephew, to the caretaker, to the caretaker's father, to whoever else before him. Is it really your position that the government allowed that to happen? If your nephew becomes terribly ill, it is the government's fault and responsibility in not making decisions for us and protecting us from ourselves? To what end? Where is the line between We the people and a supposed benevolent government which provides oversight based on ever decreasing allowances? Oversight. You know, watching.

You keep offering examples of other countries that have handled this thing better than the US. I mean, almost as if the point is how well others have handled it, but how poorly we have. Toss me a bone, dude, has anyone handled it worse than we have? I haven't checked lately, but from what I understand Sweden wasn't on the bandwagon of "government allowed", the didn't really do a hard lockdown. I guess i'm being lazy in not researching myself. Any news, good or bad?

[MENTION=1094]TAE[/MENTION]
I’m not an authority, nor do I claim to be.
I’m merely a watchman and ringer of the bell alerting to the existing and upcoming danger. And it’s not the covid.

Covid is simply a virus, and we’ve had many even in our own lifetimes. This particular virus has about a 99% survivability rate and about 50 percent of the deaths have been old people in nursing homes.

Hong kong flu was worse . The normal flu kills bunches every year.

Yet for this particular virus the US and the whole world gets shut down.
Lives are bring destroyed, businesses are being destroyed, marriages are under stress, children are being traumatized and cut off from their friends, suicides on the rise. Drug reversions on the rise, homicides on the rise, mom and pop businesses shut down not making money.... I could go on and on

As said by many early on, the cure can’t be worse than the disease.

Yet it is. And who’s in charge of the “cure” the government!
So our fucked up new abnormal is the fault of the government not the covid.

And they keep on moving the goalposts despite deaths being down. Sure cases are up, but so is testing. Test more people you’re gonna get more positives.
But the media keeps playing it up that the disease is getting worse. Fear is rampant.

It started out as flatten the curve. What the hell is the goal now???? Why the lockdowns? If the masks are so effective we wouldn’t need lockdowns.

What the hell? We all gonna have to wear masks until a vaccine comes??
We gonna have to be subject to tyrants telling us we have to close our businesses until a vaccine comes?

This isn’t about ‘keeping us safe’ ( which no government has the ability to do anyway)

It’s about ushering in a new level of control over the people and using faked numbers and fear to get there. Its about getting us used to this new tyranny where the government can turn on or off your life at will.

They (govt) and the media have been lying to us about almost everything for a long long time.

The place is getting destroyed because of ‘combating’ a virus that has a 99% survivability rate. Many have no symptoms, some have mild symptoms, some get their asses kicked by it but survive. And yes, some people die. Welcome to planet earth. Dying is a normal part of the life cycle.

Just my opinions

Australia all but eliminated coronavirus without ever mandating mask use - people wore them or didn't wear them as they felt comfortable, and no-one turned it into a political football. New Zealand has eliminated coronavirus completely. I don't think, but am unsure, that mask wearing was ever mandated there either.

This is not to say that masks won't help, just that with a cooperative mindset (which is not evident in the US) and distancing and minimisation of people's movement via lockdowns at various levels, the thing was almost gone, without a recommendation to wear a mask ever being made. In fact the recommendation was, until very recently, not to wear a mask as you will be more likely to let your guard down and do things you wouldn't otherwise do and think you're safe because you have a mask, which you're not. But that's the behavioural aspect, rather than the medical.

Now we're having a second wave, as many countries have - but its re-emergence had nothing to do with the general populace wearing masks or not wearing masks - in the state where the wave is now mainly happening, I believe they may been mandated in public, in a sort of 'all hands to the pumps' decision. It can't hurt.

I've not worn a mask yet, but if wearing them is called for by the public health authorities, I will wear them without a second thought - as will most other people here. I had a box of 50 delivered today, just in case they're required later on. And I have face shields too, for when it morphs into something new and starts the zombie apocalypse.

Tae. This is not a personal attack, and I hope it doesn't sound that way. If I remember correctly you're a tile guy? Yor ever taken a grinder to some old mortar, at the end of the day you take off your mask and there are little(or a lot) of little white lines of dust under your nostrils? We live our lives, go about it and take our chances. Yeah?

I hope your nephew is going to be alright, and I understand he has autism, which is a challenge. But every way along the line there was opportunity for choice and personal responsibility. From your nephew, to the caretaker, to the caretaker's father, to whoever else before him. Is it really your position that the government allowed that to happen? If your nephew becomes terribly ill, it is the government's fault and responsibility in not making decisions for us and protecting us from ourselves? To what end? Where is the line between We the people and a supposed benevolent government which provides oversight based on ever decreasing allowances? Oversight. You know, watching.

You keep offering examples of other countries that have handled this thing better than the US. I mean, almost as if the point is how well others have handled it, but how poorly we have. Toss me a bone, dude, has anyone handled it worse than we have? I haven't checked lately, but from what I understand Sweden wasn't on the bandwagon of "government allowed", the didn't really do a hard lockdown. I guess i'm being lazy in not researching myself. Any news, good or bad?

Yo Mick In the old days we used to take a t-shirt and wet it down and wrap it around our face it did a pretty good job of protecting us and kinda helped keep us cool...I'd get the white rings...when I switched to the very uncomfortable n-95 in the 90's no more or hardly any white rings thus why I chose to wear them sometimes all day while busting ass tearing out mud set tile showers...hard ass, grueling, heavy lifting work...funny I never felt "faint" just annoying and uncomfortable...

On the nephew getting the virus and blame.. who's fault? In the end does it matter unless you want to try and sue someone?...this blame game is lame...at this juncture you can do everything "the experts tell you to do" and still get the dang thing ...just do your due diligence and try your best not to get it cause it is a risky , painful bug to get...hope I don't get it...

Got get right now but I'll expound upon my ignorance on the broad perspective of who is doing best and worst ...BTW I think the good old USA is first place ...as usual...( We always get the gold medals!) in getting and propagating this stupid bug...

I’m done with all this shit. Time to sell everything off and go live in a beach hut somewhere tropical, eat fish and walk barefoot on the sand. :thumbs up: :)

Too bad Hawaii quarantines you for two weeks. Don't wanna be in lockdown in some shitty hotel. Maybe Thailand?? :)

Last edited:
Re-opening K thru 12 seems like a failure from the start.....but I have no positive helpful answers either.
Everything is being reversed around DFW Texas and the 25% approach just seems so off. Im not a business man, but even in great times "who can stay open with 25% business?" So will the decision be to accept the Death rate spike to save the Economy?

and as for Blame-Game, I dont see finding the root source a blame-game or waste of time.
Its called finding the source of a global pandemic and making sure the same "source" doesnt continue doing this. Finding the "source" to blame is the most intelligent approach of all, imo.

SARS 2002...CHina....and as CDC banned the Civets....heres a eery 2017 article in between the SARS of 2002 and todays Wuhan Virus...

Bat cave solves mystery of deadly SARS virus — and suggests new outbreak could occur

Im not a business man, but even in great times "who can stay open with 25% business?" So will the decision be to accept the Death rate spike to save the Economy?

The corporate giants will do just fine . They can weather the storm, and are getting bailouts, subsidies and all manner of goodies.

It’s “Joe’s hardware” or “Bob’s bike shop” or “Jose’s family burrito restaurant” that will go down in flames.

Death rate spike?? Based on fudged numbers?? Died ‘with’ not Died from.
And these tests for covid have a 50 to 80% accuracy rate. So you don't even know if its reading the sars or a flu or a cold you had years ago.

A Massive fear campaign has been in play since the beginning. Fueled by inaccurate projections, inaccurate numbers, and constant beating it into our heads

Personally I think less believe it, but there’s that nagging ‘what if??’ lurking in the background. And some are scared to speak out for fear of social shaming and ridicule.

We have more to fear from our government officials than the covid.

But hey..... “We’re from the government we’re here to help” ;)

Last edited:
In regard to the "blame game", my opinion is that China's president, XI, was fully aware of the Covid 19 virus in the latter months of 2019. Early enough to have possibly contained it within China, and allow scientists and medical researchers throughout the world help to develop treatments and a possible vaccine to combat and eradicate the virus. XI chose instead, to knowingly allow Covid 19 to spread and infect every continent and every country on Earth. XI has certainly demonstrated that he is even worse than the Chinese emporers who proceeded him.

It is what is, I suppose, but the leaders of every country, (even the 53 countries at the U.N.) who support China, out of fear, should rethink their positions.

EXCLUSIVE: Chinese virologist accuses Beijing of coronavirus cover-up, flees Hong Kong: '''I know how they treat whistleblowers''' | Fox News

Its like Chinas Chernobyl that went global.

The leaders deny it all. The small voices disappear. SARS in 2002-2004, COVID 2019- 202? ....

a conspiracy theory of germ warfare isnt out of the question. They keep developing stronger virus's then release on enemys....sit back and watch what happens? Create a stronger deadlier virus, release it later, sit back and watch the fallout....repeat...repeat...

or maybe its just scientists screwing up while studying virus's off bats and urine/guana and a innocent oops! happened..and here we are in a pandemic.

Imagine if you will......

A world where the government can dictate what you wear.
A world where the government can shut down your business and prevent you from earning a living
A world where the government can keep you from assembling....be it family BBQ, graduation, beach, funeral, music performance etc.

Imagine a world where you can’t go to a ballgame!

Imagine a world where kids have their normal childhood stolen from them despite the actual science saying that they are at almost zero risk.

A world where you can’t sit down and have a meal.

A world where a political gathering is dangerous but violent destructive protesting is not only okay, but encouraged.

Imagine a world where so many willingly give up their rights because government and the media told them to.

A world where you can be shamed, fined and possibly be arrested for not obeying.

Imagine in that same world, actual criminals being released from prison. All the while there are officials clamoring to take funding away from and completely dismantling police.

Imagine a world where everyone is scared because they have been told to be, and willingly comply

Welcome to the twilight zone.

Last year 1.5 million died from TB
No such measures were implemented.
Every year similar numbers as the covid die from the flu.
No such measures were ever implemented.

Were being played, herded and controlled.

This thread isn't totally dead...just yet.
I had an appointment with my PCP today. I last had an appointment with him in January, and I asked him, then, what his thoughts and professional opinion was of Covid-19 and any impact it would have on the U.S. He shrugged it off, saying that there was nothing to be concerned about because the summer heat would kill the virus.

That was then. Today's consultation was 180 degrees in the opposite direction when he stated that things are only going to get worse here in the U.S. because things could have been handled and dealt with better by the government.

WOW! There I was with my doctor going all out political.

My response was, "You can't place all blame on the government because of lack of leadership. Much of the blame falls at the feet of dumbass people who have ignored how lethal Covid-19 is."

And then my doctor asked me if I knew anything about the 1930's concept of "American Exceptionalism".

I told him that I do remember reading years ago.

American exceptionalism - Wikipedia

Would it be unfair to coin phrases such as "Russian Exceptionalism" or "Chinese Exceptionalism"? It would be unfair because the majority of Russian and Chinese people don't have first amendment rights.

I have a theory that supports the concept of American Exceptionalism though I never called it that.

In the history of mankind no prior country has ever had such a unique and diverse population of people. If you include the the first immigrants AKA American Indians ( NOT NATIVE!) the one unique thing about all races that settled here in the early years was that they were A personality / risk takers ...the cream of the crop of the human species...the movers and shakers with HUGE BALLS ...No you didn't get the lazy or complacent they stayed right where they were where the shit was warm. We've been called the melting pot and we were but it was a melting pot of people from all nations of the world willing to risk it all for a better life...Yes there are slaves of several races that came here unwillingly but the majority of the founding immigrants were certainly "exceptional" and we are the descendants of those risk takers, those movers and shakers...American ingenuity? You betchya! You bring the brightest most motivated people from around the world and bring them together and we get all the Amazing things that American innovation has brought to the world...I am not a Democrat or a Republican I am an American and grateful for being blessed to be born here.

I had an appointment with my PCP today. I last had an appointment with him in January, and I asked him, then, what his thoughts and professional opinion was of Covid-19 and any impact it would have on the U.S. He shrugged it off, saying that there was nothing to be concerned about because the summer heat would kill the virus.

That was then. Today's consultation was 180 degrees in the opposite direction when he stated that things are only going to get worse here in the U.S. because things could have been handled and dealt with better by the government.
Is it possible that he, like so many others, has simply succumbed to the endless stream of propaganda? After all, propaganda is designed to shape public opinion.... in other words....brainwashing. Just a thought. It’s a possibility.

I have a friend who is a doctor. He had a similar opinion that yours had and he still has that opinion.

I have a theory that supports the concept of American Exceptionalism though I never called it that.

In the history of mankind no prior country has ever had such a unique and diverse population of people. If you include the the first immigrants AKA American Indians ( NOT NATIVE!) the one unique thing about all races that settled here in the early years was that they were A personality / risk takers ...the cream of the crop of the human species...the movers and shakers with HUGE BALLS ...No you didn't get the lazy or complacent they stayed right where they were where the shit was warm. We've been called the melting pot and we were but it was a melting pot of people from all nations of the world willing to risk it all for a better life...Yes there are slaves of several races that came here unwillingly but the majority of the founding immigrants were certainly "exceptional" and we are the descendants of those risk takers, those movers and shakers...American ingenuity? You betchya! You bring the brightest most motivated people from around the world and bring them together and we get all the Amazing things that American innovation has brought to the world...I am not a Democrat or a Republican I am an American and grateful for being blessed to be born here.

Wow! You finally posted something that I pretty much agree with :)

To add to that...... America is the first country (to my knowledge) that was born out of a rebellion against tyranny and government overreach with the added provision that we had the right and duty to dismantle and replace that government if it behaved like the previous government.

However, I fear we've gotten fat, lazy and complacent.
But having said that, USA has for sure had something going for it. Why else would people leave everything behind in their native lands to come here?

Daughters friend went to go get the COVID test in the drive through.

She signed in, and then sat in her car.. waiting and waiting.....time went on and on....a long wait....
.she decided to turn around and went home.... without being tested.

A few days later she got a letter saying she tested Positive.

:facepalm:

A massive ‘get the numbers up’ scam. I’ve heard that same story quite a few times.

yeah, I dont even look at the "TEST charts" anymore, seems to be BS chaos.
Ive heard enough bad Test-Data stories too...its lost nearly all of its credibility.

the Gov of Texas said the same thing about the Test data so the only thing to watch now is the Hospital data, beds, fatalities, ventilators.

Hospital Data is much more quantifiable...had 500 empty beds, now theres 10 empty beds..simple. We have 300 Ventilators, we counted them, 120 are in use etc..etc.. quantifiable data. Dead people are quantifiable though the specific reason might be foggy-data too, like if HelenPatient has cancer lung and gets COVID virus and dies, could be blamed on COVID? or is it Blamed on Pneumonia or the cancer? or Age.

the gazillion nose swabs being handed and shipped and the labs must be unpacking gazillions of swaps and messing up names and id's and which swap went to where?
I cant imagine the handling of a gazillion swabs and the labs being expected to some high level of cleanliness while the managers yell HURRY FASTER!
...and so bad results, false reads ruin the data making the billions spent on it all a waste of time and money.

The vaccines and real scientists will deal with it and are the only hope....the politicians and business greed will seek opportunity's for self benefit.

Those in the frontline deal with PTSD and depression as the ICU is flooded with death and illness....while Trump and Biden get their teeth whitened for the camera.

America's Front Line Doctors calling BS on the FDA, Unions and Politicians...

America's Front line Doctors say hydroxychloroquine, Zinc and Zithromax IS THE CURE for Covid-19.... NO ONE ELSE NEEDS TO DIE... The FDA and the political talking heads want us to believe otherwise...these American doctors STRONGLY DISAGREE with almost everything the government wants us to do and what the government is not allowing us to do....Ignorance is bliss...I strongly encourage anyone reading this post to watch this video...and pass it on..... The warrior doctor will amuse you and collectively these doctors will illustrate that "we the people" are being duped by dopes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back