My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again... :facepalm:

Chinese scientists discover a new swine flu capable of triggering a pandemic

Oh...and one other thing about the masks...

It's funny how science has ALREADY confirmed which types of masks are effective for specific pollutants...but now suddenly, all that is getting tossed out the window, and anything you can wrap around your face is "good enough" for a virus, which is smaller than most pollutants.....
...and most of the public is happy with that because it makes it easy to comply. :rolleyes:

The assumption is that IF you have the virus, wearing anything across your face may(?) prevent YOU from spreading it...
OK...but it doesn't protect YOU from getting it...which then means, you are living with a false sense of security, and you will then potentially be infected, and now you can spread it to others.
So then how is that stopping the spread...?
Considering the current new rise of infections...the "anything goes masks" approach may not be working all that well.

Here we go...

Etsy face masks- Insider

"As the novel coronavirus continues to spread, medical-grade surgical masks and N95 respirators are in extremely high demand. However, the CDC has issued guidance that recommends all medical-grade masks and respirator supplies be reserved for sick patients and healthcare workers on the front lines."

THAT is what it's all about, just like at the start...they don't want the general public sucking up the supply of medical grade/N95 masks so they can be reserved for healthcare workers.
So...what to do...what to do...?
Ahh...issue statement that says "anything is better than nothing"...that way people will be happy and feel safe with their homemade masks and the $1.99 masks they picked up at the supermarket...and the supply of medical grade and N95 remains reserved.
They don't want people buying the masks that actually work...because there is a limited supply.
Considering how the CDC has flip-flopped on the whole mask thing...do you REALLY think they are telling us the whole story...?
Instead...they "recommend" something that anyone can obtain, and it will make people feel safer.

Last edited:
You're not saying anything that isn't already known. Yes...you can be asymptomatic and still infect other...old news.

The discussion is about masks.
Homemade masks and the dozens of cloth masks being sold, or some "buff" or bandana...does NOT protect YOU from the virus.
That is a know fact...and has been clearly stated by the CDC, by OSHA and many other experts.

Now...if you want to go with the assumption that YOU have COVID-19, and your main concern is to not spread it by wearing anything/something around your face...a bandana or whatever...that's your choice.
My main concern is that I don't get COVID-19 from someone else, so I wear the RIGHT kind of mask.

But here's the bonus you get from everyone wearing the right kind of masks, the right way...
...you first protect yourself, and then you ALSO protect others in case you have it and don't know.

So this argument that any mask is OK...makes no sense. That's a one-way perspective.
You're counting on the homemade mask that the guy in front of you is wearing, is good enough to stop HIS spread from getting to you...?
Good luck with that.

The discussion is about masks.
Homemade masks and the dozens of cloth masks being sold, or some "buff" or bandana...does NOT protect you from the virus.
THAT is a know fact...and has been clearly stated by the CDC, by OSHA and many other experts.

I believe you will be hard pressed to provide any links from the CDC or OSHA that clearly state cloth mask and bandannas DO NOT PROTECT YOU FROM THE VIRUS........Please provide ...

YouTube

Whatever you believe about masks, here’s Fauchi before, and Fauchi after.
He lied. Plain and simple.

Edit: for whatever reason, the video link only shows up in full site mode. It’s not coming up in the HR mobile app.

Last edited:
I believe you will be hard pressed to provide any links from the CDC or OSHA that clearly state cloth mask and bandannas DO NOT PROTECT YOU FROM THE VIRUS........Please provide ...

Really...?....you mean with all the stuff you guys are reading from the CDC about using cloth masks...you miss the part where they say it will NOT protect you, but that it only "may" protect others if you have the virus.

About Cloth Face Coverings | CDC

"Cloth face coverings are not personal protective equipment (PPE)."

COVID-19 | COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions | Occupational Safety and Health Administration

"Cloth face coverings:

◾Are not considered personal protective equipment (PPE)."

Anyway... here's the latest news...saying that most people who have the virus, won't actually spread it.
It's only certain people, and usually at what are called "super-spreading events"...like the riots...mmm, I mean "protests"...and big family gatherings if there is an infected super-spreader.

Most People With Coronavirus Won'''t Spread It. Why Do a Few Infect Many?

"I would not be surprised if we go up to 100,000 [new cases] a day if this does not turn around," - Dr. Fauci, 06-30-2020

Earlier this year, Fauchi wrote in the New England medical journal about how the covid wasn’t much worse than the flu. (No TAE, I aint gonna provide a link:))
Then he talks about how we’re all gonna die, then how face masks are useless, and now we have to wear them..... blah blah blah
Supposedly Fauchi is THE expert, and he’s certainly the authority seeing how he’s the WH task force head.

However, at best he’s confused, misinformed, or just has no idea what the hell he’s talking about..... Or.....he’s a flat out liar who spits out whatever rhetoric is politically desired at any given time.

Pretty pathetic that a person with such longevity in his field and with such a position of power can’t keep his stories straight.

Edit: haha as I finished this post face mask ads are popping up all over. Hey, well at least some are profitable in these crazy dark times.
Never let a crisis go to waste, eh?

Really...?....you mean with all the stuff you guys are reading from the CDC about using cloth masks...you miss the part where they say it will NOT protect you, but that it only "may" protect others if you have the virus.

About Cloth Face Coverings | CDC

"Cloth face coverings are not personal protective equipment (PPE)."

COVID-19 | COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions | Occupational Safety and Health Administration

"Cloth face coverings:

◾Are not considered personal protective equipment (PPE)."

[/url]

Not being PPE is not the same as saying they flat out do not protect you from spreading the virus...

From the first link..

Why It Is Important to Wear a Cloth Face Covering
Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others. Wearing a cloth face covering will help protect people around you, including those at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 and workers who frequently come into close contact with other people (e.g., in stores and restaurants). Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings.

FWIW

CDC recommends that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.
Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings.
Cloth face coverings should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.

Not being PPE is not the same as saying they flat out do not protect you from spreading the virus...

:facepalm:

Who said that?

You keep dancing around this because you really want to believe that wearing a cloth/homemade mask is making a big difference.

So the only concern is about protecting others...? Well, if you don't FIRST protect yourself, then you may end up getting the virus...and now you have the potential to spread it.

Again...this is REAL simple.
If you wear the proper PPE masks...you simultaneously protect yourself and others.
If you just wear some cloth mask or bandana...you're only somewhat(?) protecting others IF you already have the virus.
If we want to make the claim that COVID-19 is substantially worse than the common flu...then wouldn't we want protection for ourselves as much as others?

Why is this so hard...?

I think everyone just wants to believe that any mask is making a difference...and I do feel that most people are wearing masks not because they're thinking, "Oh yeah, in case I have the virus, this bandana will help me not to spread it".
Instead, most are assuming that because we are being told that any old mask can help stop the spread...that means it's protecting THEM from getting the virus...and THAT is why people are wearing anything they can find.

The CDC made it easy, and now most people are not concerned about finding proper medical/N95 masks anymore.
I've actually seen people in the media talking about paper towels and coffee filters as good options if you don't have a proper mask. :D
My favorite so far was the guy who had no mask...so he took off his shirt and wrapped it around his face...and they let him in. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well...if you want to play that game...I'll start quoting and editing all your posts, but then what would be the point of that.

You just have a hard time accepting the reality of cloth masks, because you so badly want to believe in their overall value.

Here’s what comes down to.
We’re quibbling over bullshit details, a can’t see the forest for the trees kind of thing.

Bottom line. Were being lied to. About masks, about the numbers, about the death rate, about the new cases. About everything.

Meanwhile they’re destroying the whole world. Never in history have so many people’s livelihoods been shut down by governments over a ‘pandemic’

Massive amounts of money have been pulled out if thin air and been given to the mega corporations while main street dies a slow death.

Prices are going up on everything. How long before savings run out? how long before unemployment runs out? How long before pensions get robbed? How long before mom and pop restaurants go under from being closed or open at half capacity? How many smaller music venues will be out of business with no acts? How long before your favorite local music store is out of business?

This is nothing more than a slow burn hostile takeover using the covid as a distraction and excuse.

Time to wake up and quit defending the criminals that are engineering this all.

They’re ALL lying to you, and have been from the beginning.

I’m done. Got nothing more to say except don’t fall into their fear based trap of exaggeration and outright lies.

Peace out!

Last edited:
Im wearing a mask cloth and low quality paper disposable at times when Im in public.

The point is they do reduce some percentage as in general, and is why they have always been around and used.
Masks are not something new. The data has already been in abundance for decades. The technology between cheap and high end is improving.

Do MASKS prevent the spreading of germs 100% = NO.....do they help 10%, 30%...YES. If both partys wear them double-%.
This isnt really questioned is it? I mean we could go caveman-dumbass and cough on each other without any thought at all (I had a boss who didnt cover his mouth or anything...would just stand and cough on people or food...unbelievable idiot)

Im kind of Pro-Choice, if you want to wear them wear them....if you dont care, dont believe in it, then dont. Everyone can isolate from JoePublic if they want. I was at LOWES, maybe 5% were wearing masks. Its then my choice if I want to go to LOWES or order online.
At work it is "mandatory masks" but we have them around anyway and deal with toxics and biology germs all the time so sterilizing and masks is common.

Wuhan lab was messing with bats and rats and germs and it spread and the filth of the poor wet markets and in general filthy 3rd world living , add in some Global travelling airports around the world and there we go.....
The scary part is was it intentional or not.? I mean is this a Mission Impossible situation where Tom Cruise has to save the world again, or is it some Human Research accident where a Bat germ got on the human while they were catching diseased bats for the lab?
The Patient 0 article I read stated the latter, and the Lab person in Wuhan got on a train to go home, spreading it, etc..etc..

HG Wells books take on a new interest.

Last edited:
Wuhan lab was messing with bats and rats and germs and it spread and the filth of the poor wet markets and in general filthy 3rd world living , add in some Global travelling airports around the world and there we go.....

This /\ kind of statement ( no offense CC) is really dangerous and just not factual...Kind of like the lab tech that was working in Detroit stole the virus and brought it to Wuhan.....Totally takes a real story and distorts and convolutes it into micro news bite that soon becomes fact...I heard it from a very reliable source who knew a guy who knew a guy that was a nuclear swizzlestick In other news Covid-19 has been found in a sewage water sample that was collected in March of 2019 in.........Spain? WTF? These findings are preliminary but are currently being peer reviewed to remove any any doubt their findings are factual..... So now we'll have to come up with a whole new slew of theories on how the Spanish plotted to destroy China :guitar:

Not sure why you so insistently want to give Wuhan/China a pass on this...or at the least, throw doubt that this virus was not of Chinese origin, when everything points to that...?
You think a sample in Barcelona removes China from suspicion...?
You think the Chinese haven't already attempted to cover their tracks...?

The virus is naturally occurring...so it's not limited to China...but it's from Wuhan that it exploded into a pandemic, and some evidence suggests that it was from a Wuhan lab, not the wet markets.

Not sure why you so insistently want to give Wuhan/China a pass on this...or at the least, throw doubt that this virus was not of Chinese origin, when everything points to that...?
I am an epistemologist..I seek to try and understand the true origin of knowledge, information and it's true validity...At this juncture we just don't what we don't know ...yet...........to assume, point fingers, make blanket assumptions and accusations at this juncture is neither pragmatic or helpful in any way...
You think a sample in Barcelona removes China from suspicion...?
Suspicion? Of what?...come on fill in the blanks with your wild imagination .... and yes if it is found that the virus existed in March of 2019 in Spain I believe this fact would definitely have the scientist that actually have a clue of how this stuff gets spread...not couch potato theorist definitely broadening their scope of investigation and research far beyond the epicenter of the original major outbreak in Wuhan.

You think the Chinese haven't already attempted to cover their tracks...?
No ...I don't think they have any "tracks" to hide..The virus just happened to get identified and acted upon first there...all the baloney theories including bat brewed stew and the secret agent Chinese researcher are of total national inquirer quality.... Lie to me I promise I'll believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back