My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what's it's worth, I have been reading the thread since TAE created the thread. I have read every post and I think that everyone who has posted deserves a round of applause for their thoughtful and well worded posts. And thanks to those folks who posted links to useful information.
I tip my Jamfest hat to TAE!
Thanks, TAE, for the thread.
In the meantime, I pray that I continue to live long enough to keep reading here.
I also pray that you all continue to live on and keep me entertained and informed.

Last edited:
Reactions: TAE
For what's it's worth, I have been reading the thread since TAE created the thread. I have read every post and I think that everyone who has posted deserves a round of applause for their thoughtful and well worded posts. And thanks to those folks who posted links to useful information.
I tip my Jamfest hat to TAE!
Thanks, TAE, for the thread.
In the meantime, I pray that I continue to live long enough to keep reading here.
I also pray that you all continue to live on and keep me entertained and informed.

Second that. Weird ain't it. I wouldn't post something like this normally, but you got me in one of those 'times. :>) Everyone in our circle of five or so bands including my wife's, are 50, 60, +. Dark moments for sure when 'who might not' thoughts come around.
Hunkered down, dodging bullets.. WTF

Trumpty Dumpty was building a wall, a rightwing recordist was holding his balls.
When faced with the facts Trumpty started to sneeze
While the compliant the right winger gave Trumpty's balls a scqueeze.
Trumpty Dumpty couldn't shift blame: his attacks on the WHO were decidedly lame
So he sacked a captain, and Navy secretaries
As they seemed uncertain of who they must please.
Trumpty Dumpty's fake border wall,
It wasn't too wide, it wasn't too tall,
All of his sycophants lent him their hands
To squeeze is lemon & tickle his glans.
Trumpty Dumpty confused and he lied,
He used all of the excuses he'd previously tried,
His 15 to none, mircales too
But Trumpty had stuffed up and was in the poo.
Humpty Trumpty didn't need T.P.
He had his lickspittles assist him with glee.
Some of them fluffed and some of them licked
Knowing full well that they might get kicked.
But such was his rancour and such was his greed
Trumpty Dumpty only serviced his need.
All the lickspittles lick forward and back.
And beat up each other to get at his crack.
Trumpty Dumpty knows better than most,
He is no Barham despite all his boast,
The bankrupt puppet just one nasty cyst
The brain of a lemon while shaking his fist.

Second that. Weird ain't it. I wouldn't post something like this normally, but you got me in one of those 'times. :>) Everyone in our circle of five or so bands including my wife's, are 50, 60, +. Dark moments for sure when 'who might not' thoughts come around.

I'm sure that most who are generally healthy will either dodge it or survive it. There is little reason for them to think otherwise.
For the high risk people...yeah, hunker down and stay as safe as you need to be.

I think thats the mixed message, the downplay of the survivors, as if healthy young people who get it recover as if its nothing but a flu cold.

Other reports seem to make it sound like glass-shard lung cutting pneumonia of the worst kind and if one of these young healthy people , who for some reason get through it barely, its a different story.

theres not much data on the recovery stats, from easy flu cold, to "near death Ive got permanent lung damage and Im young" group.

no arguing , the old and weak are vulnerable and the majority of deaths per the data.

I get some intel from young nurses fighting the pandemic, in the hallway packed hospitals right now, that a few have come down sick or quarantined due to the Wuhan Virus. No deaths and no one testing positive that Ive heard from.

The Trump checks are coming, and I noticed items I was selling before with no takers, have flown off the shelf recently. I suspect bored people shopping for fun and feeling $1200 richer are a good market? Wish I had more stuff to sell!!!

Trumpty Dumpty was building a wall, a rightwing recordist was holding his balls.
When faced with the facts Trumpty started to sneeze
While the compliant the right winger gave Trumpty's balls a scqueeze.
Trumpty Dumpty couldn't shift blame: his attacks on the WHO were decidedly lame
So he sacked a captain, and Navy secretaries
As they seemed uncertain of who they must please.
Trumpty Dumpty's fake border wall,
It wasn't too wide, it wasn't too tall,
All of his sycophants lent him their hands
To squeeze is lemon & tickle his glans.
Trumpty Dumpty confused and he lied,
He used all of the excuses he'd previously tried,
His 15 to none, mircales too
But Trumpty had stuffed up and was in the poo.
Humpty Trumpty didn't need T.P.
He had his lickspittles assist him with glee.
Some of them fluffed and some of them licked
Knowing full well that they might get kicked.
But such was his rancour and such was his greed
Trumpty Dumpty only serviced his need.
All the lickspittles lick forward and back.
And beat up each other to get at his crack.
Trumpty Dumpty knows better than most,
He is no Barham despite all his boast,
The bankrupt puppet just one nasty cyst
The brain of a lemon while shaking his fist.

thanks for the laugh, I dont hate Trump but that was a funny political satire piece. "beat up each other to get at his crack"..... omg...

Wish I had more stuff to sell!!!

What are you selling...toilet paper? ;)

I don't think anyone knows quite yet what happens after you recover from COVID-19...but I would think like most lower respiratory illnesses, there is probably some tissue scarring, and maybe some other side-effects...though for healthy people, the tissue scarring may be only temporary.
I know that when my Mom was alive, she had a couple of bouts with pneumonia and week long stays in the hospital, and there was always some tissue scarring, but in time, it would fade...and she was in her '80s and had COPD for several years. I would expect healthy people have an even better prognosis.

There were a couple of stories about people who recovered, and while they all did say it wasn't a pleasant time to go through it, they said they were feeling fine once recovered.
I don't believe there is any lower respiratory illness that isn't taxing on the body. Even a bad case of bronchitis can be pretty painful with breathing and especially with coughing, where it feels like those shards of glass in your lungs.
It's important to realty push your body to recover....to fight it, and fight it hard, like any illness....otherwise it may linger.

The thing is, folks were already passing away in their early 50's and 60's prior to this new viral contagion-look through the last few pages of the Celebrity obit thread and you can see what i mean. I have to repeat my past sentiment: just do the best you can. There are no guarantees, so there isn't much point of letting fear take over your life. The more people that don't give in to being terrorized by the situation, the fewer are going to experience repercussions like PTSD when this fevered situation calms down.

And i personally want to see more of Miro's studio. So i will stick around for that~

The thing is, folks were already passing away in their early 50's and 60's prior to this new viral contagion-look through the last few pages of the Celebrity obit thread and you can see what i mean. I have to repeat my past sentiment: just do the best you can. There are no guarantees, so there isn't much point of letting fear take over your life. The more people that don't give in to being terrorized by the situation, the fewer are going to experience repercussions like PTSD when this fevered situation calms down.

And i personally want to see more of Miro's studio. So i will stick around for that~

:)

Come on over when it's all done.

The studio work is what's been keeping my inside long before the virus stuff started...and I still have a lot of work left to do even though the construction part if over. I finally finished with all the trim work and painting...except for my two exterior doors, which I'm going to do when the temps get up in the high 60s...but that's a minor thing. Right now I'm starting to bring a few things into the studio, and I have yet to decide what I'm doing with acoustic treatment...I mean, if I want to make it all myself, or order ready made stuff, since the treatment in my old studio is not enough to cover even a 1/4 of the new studio.
I'll be posting again in my Studio Documentation thread as soon as I start doing the acoustic treatment.

Otherwise...the stay at home for me hasn't been any real problem, so I don't really have a personal complaint about needing to stay at home, but not everyone is in that kind of position.
I've got a lot of work to do, and I only need to make the occasional trip into town if I need something for the work I have to do...so I'm indirectly following the shutdown, but I do see how it's already affecting some people very badly. Not everyone can afford to stay at home and just ride this out...and I think that reality will start to quickly become very ugly for the whole country. We need to start some kind of transition back, even if there is some risk. There can be some middle ground where we can both keep the country going and also find a way to help the sick and make the high risk people feel safe.

The second act will be the collapsed economy and the new rules we'll be dealing with.

I’m getting more and more disgusted with this everyday. Even though the numbers with the models are being revised downwards, the lockdown is tightening. Tickets and jail time for not wearing masks? Tickets in Hawaii for sitting in the beach? it’s ok to walk or jog, but not ok to sunbathe? They won’t stop this nonsense till Bill Gates gets to a stick a needle in your arm and you have your “digital certificate”.

It’s coming out more that the death toll numbers are being fudged as well.

No, this is not about the pandemic. This is just outright tyranny.
The powers that be don't give one shit if 5 or 5 million of us die. They are NOT benevolent, caring, people wanting us to be healthy and safe.

This is about power, money and control over us.

The unknown Wuhan virus is real and theres no cure, the lung issues are real, the massive amount of people going to the hospital and being tested positive are real. From the hospital in downtown Dallas, Medical crews are running out of ppe and the frontline workers are reporting its like a cess pool of a highly contagious disease that anyone working there will get sick and then spread it.

Interesting this morning what I was told, from a nurse, the 20yr olds are in severe trouble too and on ventilators, as are the 50yr olds and older.
The hospital business executives are as usual trying to pinch pennys and are weasling out of paying for sick pay, and if a Nurse or Doctor gets the virus the "workmans comp" system is denying them paid time off as a work issue, and instead acting like lawyers, saying the Nurses and Doctors could have caught it anywhere outside of work so therefore the "job" cant be proven it was the source of the corona-virus. The executives arent taking paycuts but they are furloughing a lot, a huge amount of nurses and medical staff as other surgerys and non-emergency things are cancelled so the Medical Staff are really getting hit hard in being furloughed around here. The executives should be forced to work in the virus zone...but I digress.

Overreaction-
I do agree though, the inner city hospitals are a war zone, savage mess, yes, ....but sitting on a beach seems to be a misplaced overreaction.
Sending $1200 checks to everyone still seems crazy, an poorly thought out panic move, right? Even people who are not laid off and those on social security getting checks? Spending Trillions.... Overreaction that will cost the economy as more and more , millions become unemployed.

Under-reaction? Like usual its never a big deal until it happens to us.
Unemployment or losing your 401k is no big deal until hits us personally.

For me personally, Im trying to stay out of the hospital and that means staying away from people.
Im not going to live in denial that this is some average cold/flu. I still have to go to work and will be wearing masks and gloves and washng my hands and trying not to be near people, and am concerned of the door knobs.

Trend data shows we recover from great depressions, and world wars, and Sars, other virus's. The great recession of 2008-09 is now a small little blimp on the stock charts, and the market had huge gains ever since then.

enough coffee chatter for my morning....stay safe, buy low and sell high?

Money cause there is a virus...Shut up and do your job. Shit I got nothing for all shit that as around when I was humping it.

There aint no games in life. It is war, cancer, death. A few find happiness in drugs. World is a ruin. I give nothing until I get first. You all got enough.

We should start beating the rich.

We eat the rich already. Its only thing they were ever good for.

Dont yall hate how rich people put themselves in charge of everything.

The worker should be able to challenge the owner for leadership rights. Fuck being boss man. That just more sponsibility.

Car bomb the owner at lunch break. See ya.

I think this virus could destabilize enough nations. Perhaps cause a big war. Change is good.

Hey if this kills half the people Thanos style, good riddance. We probly werent speakin the same version of English to each other anyway...

With the country up its ass, now is the time to go for the HEAD! Last time they only went for the Heart..

They won’t stop this nonsense till Bill Gates gets to a stick a needle in your arm and you have your “digital certificate”.

Yeah...what's up with that fucker...he's been endlessly making comments about this and that since the virus started....constantly trying hard to push his agenda.

Maybe now that he stepped down from Microsoft...he wants to be president...bring in the new world order.
He spread a lot of money for humanitarian purposes...BUT...there seems to be some far-left agenda in all of that...but hey, I'm sure people will say that too is just another "conspiracy theory".

I'm just tired of listening to what billionaires think is best...or what Hollywood thinks is best...about everything.
None of those people live in the same daily reality that millions of people live in...but they want to tell us how we should do things.
Always hated that...when people get lots of money, somehow they become right about everything. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah...what's up with that fucker...he's been endlessly making comments about this and that since the virus started....constantly trying hard to push his agenda.

Maybe now that he stepped down from Microsoft...he wants to be president...bring in the new world order.
I believe Gates is the 3d or 4th biggest funder of the WHO behind the USA and China.
He’s investing billions into a worldwide vaccine. Not conspiracy, his own statements.
Early on Trump set up a vaccine safety commission with Robert F Kennedy jr heading it. Gates killed that and bragged about it.
For someone with no medical background how the hell did he become the authority???
Money.
If his agenda goes through he has significant financial rewards to gain!

Again, I'm not doubting the realness of this virus, but have issues with the handling of it.
Lots of agendas at play and quite a bit of conflict of interest going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back