My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people here would rather not talk about this stuff anymore...we can stop, and just sit here quietly while we wait for this to all go away.

I just found that at least here, some folks were willing to talk about it, and without hostility...unlike some other sites where conversations are much more uglier...and everyone is angry at someone or something.
One thing is for sure...if you watch the news all day long about this, it will certainly stress anyone out. We need to be back to normal sooner than later.

Caught this article...interesting read, and it will certainly raise a lot of questions and the topic deserves to be investigated.
Some initially said it was all just conspiracy theories...but if the FBI is on this, I think there's more to it than theory.

Suspected SARS virus and flu germs found in luggage: FBI report describes China'''s '''biosecurity risk'''

Yeah do nothing, open the China Wet Markets back up....get those Bats for sale again!!

Yeah...did you also see that in one of the news clips...they actually eat fucking bats. :eek: :facepalm:

Man...order a pizza, go have a burger...but not bats. Heck, compared to bats, snails sound real appetizing (I've had them once, not bad tasting, really, but not that excited about eating snails ever again).

OH DAMN! We're being analyzed! :eek: For free! :D

Well she had to get a giggle or two and at least a few head shakes out of this quagmire of myopic opinions and testosteronically fueled egos... arf! no..... ARFITY ARF ARF! ...arf! :laughings:

Yup......that's my life. I think I'm her worst patient.....but she won't admit it. I have no idea how I passed the audition when we met. Sometimes I think I'm an experiment!! She's a Jersey girl. I'm a Connecticut guy. She wins automatically. As for what she thinks about our little group and our musings about this and that..........well...........believe it or don't........she considers us very "normal". You have to hear some of the stories she tells (anonymously) about some of her patients. Holy CRAP!!!

I'm saturated with corona news... can't hold any more!

Instead, I'm taking the lack of anything new and interesting on the tube to spray the weeds, cut grass, and clear off the DVR. I've got 12 episodes of World At War in color that I recorded almost a year ago. Tomorrow morning will be 18 holes at a local muni course (keeping 2 club lengths apart, of course), and eventually I'll get back to recording while the temps are nice and the heat/AC isn't running! Just not feeling inspired right now.

I've also got about 6 books sitting on the shelf to read. Maybe I'll throw that spiral sliced ham that I picked up after Christmas, into the oven and read while the smells of honey ham waft through the house.

As for what she thinks about our little group and our musings about this and that..........well...........believe it or don't........she considers us very "normal". You have to hear some of the stories she tells (anonymously) about some of her patients. Holy CRAP!!!

Yeah watching shows like criminal minds, the FBI or worse yet Lincoln Rhymes!:eek: WTF lurks in the mind of that Psychopath that is sitting next to you on the buss leaves a lot for the imagination to muster up....some folks is just bat shit crazy....

A key member of the White House's coronavirus task force said Tuesday the idea of recommending broad use of masks in the US to prevent the spread of coronavirus is under "very active discussion" by the group.

wow what a great idea!

Hey and while we're at it maybe...but I'm just saying maybe we should start monitoring peoples temperatures prior to allowing them to enter into public buildings and stores.. Oh yeah and maybe make sure all the employees and food preparation folks are checked before allowing them to work or prepare food..what a great idea!

I hear there's a few countries in the east that seemed to have a much lower amount of cases than us that did both of those things and perhaps a bit more...

:thumbs up:

Now the 100,000 to 250,000 dying here in the U.S. that seems to be a little statistically challenged (have no idea HTF they came up with that number) but I guess we'll see when it's all over, all said and done ...Hold your breath until you turn blue...if you don't cough or hack afterwards you probably don't have the corona....yet....

A key member of the White House's coronavirus task force said Tuesday the idea of recommending broad use of masks in the US to prevent the spread of coronavirus is under "very active discussion" by the group.

wow what a great idea!

Hey and while we're at it maybe...but I'm just saying maybe we should start monitoring peoples temperatures prior to allowing them to enter into public buildings and stores.. Oh yeah and maybe make sure all the employees and food preparation folks are checked before allowing them to work or prepare food..what a great idea!

I hear there's a few countries in the east that seemed to have a much lower amount of cases than us that did both of those things and perhaps a bit more...

:thumbs up:

Now the 100,000 to 250,000 dying here in the U.S. that seems to be a little statistically challenged (have no idea HTF they came up with that number) but I guess we'll see when it's all over, all said and done ...Hold your breath until you turn blue...if you don't cough or hack afterwards you probably don't have the corona....yet....

I read that Walmart is doing that now - temperature checking employees when they get to work.
There are not enough masks in the world to get one to every USA person.
I think those fatality numbers are low, consider the other statistics - 40-70% of the population getting the virus, and a fatality rate of 1-3% estimated means over a million dead at the lowest of those ranges.

I think those fatality numbers are low, consider the other statistics - 40-70% of the population getting the virus, and a fatality rate of 1-3% estimated means over a million dead at the lowest of those ranges.

Maybe they all know something I don't know but they sure aren't sharing their " models" with the public and based on the current data as of today saying that we are going to go from todays real data percentage of .05 of 1% ( yes that 500 hundreths of 1%) of the U.S. population has been confirmed as having the virus to 40 to 50 % is a HUGE as of to day unsupported assumption. No math, data or charts have been shown as to how they are coming up with this crazy high number. As of today with @ 106,000 confirmed cases and a population of 60 million in Italy, (the absolute worst situation going on in the world) they are still at less than 1/3 of 1% of their population having the virus...Like I said maybe they have a magic crystal ball that defies reality but until they show us some simple mathematical proof of these whacky estimates they really should just keep to the facts which are this...Clearly countries that have had better success with controlling the spread took far more drastic ( the buzz word is draconian) methods of controlling it. Instead of the fricking WHO and CDC telling people we don't need to wear mask if we don't actually have it, literally lying to the public that it won't help.... they should have been putting out youtube videos on how we can make our own mask because their is a shortage of them and health care facilities come first which was their underlying impetus for lying to us. Another big screw up is not having us monitor temperatures at all public places...This needs to be instituted yesterday especially at stores that sell and prepare food... lastly accountability for each of us as to WTF we are leaving our homes during this mess. It's willy nilly all over the place right now and Trump and the regional leaders need to just make it very clear (They're not) folks keep your asses home unless you really need to go out for food, water or shelter repair. Hunker down and be part of the solution rather than part of the problem. That simple, that crazy difficult but necessary to slow this shit down. Yesterday I saw on FB the first person I kind of knew (only from the fact that they owned a small TV and Appliance store in my town) had died from this shit.. She was 72 and was enjoying her fricking retirement with her husband...who is in intensive care and may not make it either....damn their facebook page talking about how they were enjoying life being able to travel and do shit they'd always wanted to do. So yeah in the big picture it's probably going to be a small statistic of under 1 or 2% that actually get it and of those that do ...so far based on real hard data 4 out 100 will die...But each one of those 4 was a Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Daughter, Son or loved one of someone and the pain and heartache is huge for those that must endure it...So do your best to not contribute to their demise.

Oh well I realize I'm just Monday morning quarterbacking here and this little rant is going to do nothing but make me feel like I've said my piece and piss off those here that think this is all just a little governmental fairy tale made up to control us more than they already do.

When the Aliens come here and look back at history it's going to be easy to see where they ( our fearless leaders) screwed the pooch and they'll be saying Damn that TAE dude was a spot on prognosticator!

... and piss off those here that think this is all just a little governmental fairy tale made up to control us more than they already do.

Not sure who here thinks it's all made up...?
What's been said is that this real situation is an easy gateway toward more government control...which is already happening to some degree because of this real situation.

US history of using crises like Covid-19 to justify mass detention — Quartz

“The real question is, when the crisis passes do things snap back or does the executive branch try to hold onto those powers?” Kroenig told Quartz. “That’s one of the ways we’ve seen democratic backsliding [in other countries], where the president declares emergency powers, the crisis passes, and he or she doesn’t give them back.”

Not sure who here thinks it's all made up...?
What's been said is that this real situation is an easy gateway toward more government control...which is already happening to some degree because of this real situation.

US history of using crises like Covid-19 to justify mass detention — Quartz

“The real question is, when the crisis passes do things snap back or does the executive branch try to hold onto those powers?” Kroenig told Quartz. “That’s one of the ways we’ve seen democratic backsliding [in other countries], where the president declares emergency powers, the crisis passes, and he or she doesn’t give them back.”

Patriot act is still in force.
Nope, government never gives back power they have obtained through a crisis.

Yes the virus is real. I for one have never disputed that.
However what so many aren’t seeing through the fog of the fear panic, is the true long term danger. This country, our liberties, our constitutional rights (not government granted privileges) will be shattered. Future generations will live under a surveillance state and it will just seem normal. Oh,not to mention the lives destroyed from the economic shutdown.

Ok, I'm officially panicking. On the way home from the golf course, I thought I would stop by the local Chinese restaurant to get some General Tso chicken. They have temporarily closed. Then I look at the Mexican restaurant next door, and ITS closed.

Dang it, I have to eat my own cooking again? ENOUGH!

Ok, I'm officially panicking. On the way home from the golf course, I thought I would stop by the local Chinese restaurant to get some General Tso chicken. They have temporarily closed. Then I look at the Mexican restaurant next door, and ITS closed.

Dang it, I have to eat my own cooking again? ENOUGH!

Face it - restaurants that rely on eat-in patrons will have a tough time surviving on take-out/delivery business only. They still need kitchen staff, someone answering the phone or taking online orders and running the credit cards, lights on, etc. The family-run pub/restaurant where I host my open mic tried it for a week wiht reduced hours, and it was a loss for them.

Patriot act is still in force.
Nope, government never gives back power they have obtained through a crisis.
Future generations will live under a surveillance state and it will just seem normal.

As Americans our privacy started going downhill with the introduction and world wide use of the telephone, then they required us to have a social security number..Now with the internet, ring camera's on every porch and some pot in every chicken...... being watched , being part of the machine is as normal as fried chicken and hot apple pie ala mode.....mmmm pie Welcome my son, welcome to the machine...where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been. :eek:

Back in the day someone said that an attack from alien beings might unite us as a world together...Though there is bickering and bantering going on between countries still we as a world are probably more united as a team fighting this virus than we have been in any time of our lives...

The Ying and the Yang of things..

As Americans our privacy started going downhill with the introduction and world wide use of the telephone, then they required us to have a social security number..Now with the internet, ring camera's on every porch and some pot in every chicken...... being watched , being part of the machine is as normal as fried chicken and hot apple pie ala mode.....mmmm pie Welcome my son, welcome to the machine...where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been. :eek:

True. I should have said “future generations will live in an even more technological surveillance state”

Bottom line it’s bit by bit, inch by inch that our privacy, freedoms and rights are taken.

You look at China with it’s social crediting system. It’s coming up a town near you.

You look at China with it’s social crediting system. It’s coming up a town near you.

It's been going on here at HR.com for years we call it the reputation button :laughings:
If you think about it, it really is nothing novel....Yelp, your EBAY score, how many likes you get on instagram...or facebook

Sadly there are a lot of misconceptions that got started early on " discrediting" China's social crediting system...Great article on how it all got screwed up and the misconceptions and conspiracy theories that have sprung from those first Fear "false expectations appearing real" mongers distortion of facts...

Quoted from this wired article...."While a number of journalists and academics have tried to correct the record, the science fiction myths about China’s social credit score continue to endure in the West. “There’s so much that’s been written about this now that’s wrong, that it’s really taken on a life of its own,” says Shazeda Ahmed, a PhD student at the University of California at Berkeley studying the Social Credit System in China. “I still see articles quoting things from 2014, 2015, that I thought were largely debunked.”

Yes the virus is real. I for one have never disputed that.
However what so many aren’t seeing through the fog of the fear panic, is the true long term danger. This country, our liberties, our constitutional rights (not government granted privileges) will be shattered. Future generations will live under a surveillance state and it will just seem normal. Oh,not to mention the lives destroyed from the economic shutdown.

I hear you...that's the thing I've been saying too.
Many people are so freaked over the virus and about the possibility of getting infected, that they are not able to look past that...and many are already angrily calling for more government intervention and control of all the people who are NOT totally freaked by the virus.

The talk about "saving lives" is becoming more like propaganda than actual reality, because if people were really concerned about saving lives, there would a logical, long-term perspective. I mean, you might save a few thousand more lives from the virus...and then lose 10X more from the aftermath caused by the social and economic fallout of the actions being taken now. Is that's going to be an acceptable trade-off for everyone...?

Now this is how I think we should all be doing: Why Is Coronavirus Fear So Low In Sweden?

Their government and media didn't bang on the fear-n-panic drum 24/7 like here in the USA and other countries...and so the Swedes are not running around freaking out over this...instead, they are talking some basic precautions and being aware...but otherwise, life goes on pretty much is it normally does.
Kudos to the Swedes!

Even more reason to love my Hagstrom Swedes! ;)

Sweden's virus fear may be low, but that hasn't translated into any remarkbale containment of the virus.

Up to yesterday, their infection rate was 490 cases per 1m, compared to UK, which was 434 per 1m. Furthermore, their daily rate is still steadily increasing.

USA's rate was 650 per 1m.

South Korea seems to have worked it out. After an initial surge to around 9000 cases, their infection rate has dropped, and is holding steady at about 100 a day. Its infection rate was 193 per 1m.

For interest, Canada was 258 per 1m. Here in Australia it was 198.

Sweden's virus fear may be low, but that hasn't translated into any remarkbale containment of the virus.

I don't believe they were using their relaxed approach in order to better contain the virus...but more so to just let it run its course, get to "heard immunity" and move on.
Of course...not have a nation on edge with fear and panic, is IMO of even bigger long-term value.

I'm really curious to see when it's all kinda over...where things end up for the various countries...and also the post-virus effects on everyone and the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back