Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: My Corona

Thanks

My Corona

Sign in to disable this ad
    Holy shit! Where's the toilet paper?

The grinding wheel is coming to a stop...

Jump off the train before it crashes ...

Fly low and avoid the radar

All I knows is all I knows and I knows we just don't know what we don't know..

What a world! What a world! ~

Be safe my crazy brothers!
    Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thanks
    Did the Corona virus get you? We need hazmat suits.

Is it time to head for the high ground? Did somebody push too far? Duck and cover, duck and cover!

Thanks
    I'm just glad it's not the Corona Light virus.

Or Killians.
    "One thing led to another and, before we knew it, we were dead." --Michael O'Donoghue

Thanks
    Lime juice kills it...

..and it has no flavor after that.

Thanks

We lose our "humanity" so quickly. Just a rumor of an issue turns us into out uncivilized versions.
    Win 7 Ult Dell i7 4core 6700ghz 32 GB, 1,2x2, 4 Tb Barracuda HD's running Pro tools 2019 through Allen&Heath Qu-32

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtoboy View Post

We lose our "humanity" so quickly. Just a rumor of an issue turns us into out uncivilized versions.
    This is almost what the supermarkets looked like this weekend. Not quite that wild...but they were packed, and people were filling their shopping carts to the top with anything that could be of value for a long lockdown. The hottest items was toilet paper and other paper products...gone from shelves for about a week now.
    Canned goods were getting low and so were many dry goods...but I also saw people with 3-4 gallons of milk and dozens of eggs loaded up. Bottled water was all gone too...not sure why, it's though people were expected the water in their faucets would stop running because of the virus...?

I guess when panic sets it...logic goes, and people behave somewhat irrationally and without any plan. Right now, the fear and panic is having a worse toll on life much more than the virus is. Multiple places are closing down...many clubs, restaurants, and other places where crowd gatherings might normally occur. All types of entertainment events are being cancelled...and it looks like everyone is bunkering in until there is some change.

I see the government is trying to pass some type of paid extended sick leave for everyone...though I'm not sure how that's supposed to work. I mean, how can an employer pay all his employees extended sick leave, while at the same time closing down his business...???
    Some employers have simply laid off their workforce, and I think the government is gearing up for paying out unemployment to those folks...but then, who wants to go stand in line at the unemployment office when they are telling everyone to stay home...?

I know there is a serious concern over the spread of this virus...but I do think that there is also a good amount of overreaction that is driving the panic. Yes, there needs to be a ways to prevent the spread, but I think in the end, it's really going to come down to the virus itself, and simply letting it play itself out.
    There really is nothing much that medicine can do to cure it or prevent it at this point...only to try and control the spread, but without some kind of martial law and a complete lockdown nationwide...I don't think the spread will be fully contained anywhere, so it will come down to some areas and some people getting a bad dose, and others maybe not so much. Maybe only mother nature can have some impact with some early warm weather. Where's that climate change when you really need it.

Being a comfortable homebody...I can stay in for a couple of months and not go stir crazy, especially these days, since I've still got a lot of work with my new studio build and all kinds of other work yet to finish around the house...I just hope I can get the contractor stuff done, before they all decide not to work for awhile...but for them, there is no paid sick leave...they generally need to be on the job to get paid. That said, I should be done with my contractors this week for the most part...so the rest will be on me, so I have plenty to keep me busy while this virus stuff runs its course.

Thanks
    I bought a six pac of the stuff the other day. Just kind of a one finger salute to the whole mess.
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mixsit View Post
    I bought a six pac of the stuff the other day. Just kind of a one finger salute to the whole mess.
    I was into Corona for a short while...and the whole lime in the bottle thing...it was the "hip" way to drink a Corona.
    Then I realized how much better it tasted without the fruit...
    ...but then not long after, Corona just didn't taste all that great compared to a nice Boston lager, like a Sam Adams, which is my favorite...but I also like some of the Belgian ale, like Stella, which has a sweeter taste and sometimes goes better with some things than Sam Adams.

I dunno...after those two, I couldn't get back into Corona anymore...they spoiled me.

Of course...it's all a matter of personal taste, so drink what you prefer.
    People rave about Coors...but to me, it's like beer flavored water.

Thanks
    Like this line from one of my fave James Bond flicks. '..Oh and bartender, keep the fruit' :>)
    Hell I don't even drink beer anymore (type II diabetes..
    I look at this one as taking one for the team.

Don't got'a gig, but got Rye whiskey
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miroslav View Post
    I was into Corona for a short while...and the whole lime in the bottle thing...it was the "hip" way to drink a Corona.
    Then I realized how much better it tasted without the fruit...
    ...but then not long after, Corona just didn't taste all that great compared to a nice Boston lager, like a Sam Adams, which is my favorite...but I also like some of the Belgian ale, like Stella, which has a sweeter taste and sometimes goes better with some things than Sam Adams.

I dunno...after those two, I couldn't get back into Corona anymore...they spoiled me.

Of course...it's all a matter of personal taste, so drink what you prefer.
    People rave about Coors...but to me, it's like beer flavored water.
    I like the belgian wheat beers myself. I like the stella and the blue moon the best.
    Win 7 Ult Dell i7 4core 6700ghz 32 GB, 1,2x2, 4 Tb Barracuda HD's running Pro tools 2019 through Allen&Heath Qu-32

Thread Information