Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast

Thread: My Corona

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Doobie View Post
    Citation? I'd be interested in any evidence the majority of American deaths a day is due to misinformation. Define this misinformation. What "misinformation" might that be?

It could be argued that what you said there could be categorized as conspiracy theory, misinformation. Unless you can provide evidence to support that statement?
    I didn't say a majority (although it could be).

The performance of the United States under Donald Trump in response to the coronavirus has been piss poor. Do you deny it?!?
    “There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.” - Socrates

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedburgundy View Post
    Google doesn't give a crap about much of anything outside of making $$$.
    This, I think, everyone can agree on.
    DM60 Tunes: The Collection

Thanks
    I didn't twist anything. You mentioned 1984. 1984 was all about a totalitarian regime. That isn't what's happening here.

Private industry - not the Government - took down your misinformation.
    This is an example of your passive aggressive twisting of things.
    Your statements “your misinformation” or “Your Video”, which you have made on a few occasions.
    ‘Your’ implies ownership or authoring. Well, they’re not MY videos, I don't own them, I didn’t create them, etc. They aren’t mine

You don’t even know what specific videos or channel I was talking about being taken down. So to claim that ‘my videos’ are misinformation or harmful or dangerous is simply an assumption on your part.

As to the 1984 reference, yes we live in an age where what we say and do can be monitored. And that has been proven publicly.
    We live in an age where history is being rewritten and sometimes erased.
    And we live in an age where “wrong speak’ and “wrong think” exist.

Who gives a shit if it’s being done by the government or private corporations, They are doing it.
    It IS happening. Censorship on a mass scale is occurring.

As to all of us, no matter what ideology we hold, we’re all subjected to this new world.
    Last edited by RFR; 1 Week Ago at 21:25.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RFR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Google doesn't give a crap about much of anything outside of making $$$.
    Thats not exactly true. They have deleted lots of content providers who were not of their liking and nothing to do with money. More that they were right of left wing.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orson For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The performance of the United States under Donald Trump in response to the coronavirus has been piss poor. Do you deny it?!?
    You said "much" of the deaths in the US are due to misinformation. What is your definition of "much"? What is your definition of rhetoric? Politicized talking points? Propaganda?

I'm just asking you to provide evidence to back up that statement. Unless your statement is misinformation?!?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mick Doobie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dismal, hard to say, with riots and protests, but it is high:

United States 4 562 037
    Europe: 2 904 970

I put the US alone and grouped Europe to get a closer population count. But I don't think this lays just on Trump. I think he knew what would happen to the economy and didn't want to go into lock down. But when he did try to stop flights into the country, many people had a fit. I think that is true that delay and idea may have created more cases. But also many Americans have a struggle to go into total lock down. Once again, look at the protests, that had to have some impact and while you may try and blame Trump for that, you would be stretching it just to throw rocks at the guy.

I would also agree he has tried to push for a more aggressive opening, because the economic fallout of this is going to get worse the longer it is drawn out. I think the risk of tracking with higher cases and manage from open hospital beds is a better strategy than shutting totally down.

But to be honest, the goal posts keep moving in the news. The original idea back in April/May was track the cases but the critical metric to watch was hospital capacity.

For the nation:

This was from CDC from July 14th. Not sure why it hasn't been updated.

Inpatient Beds Occupied (all Patients) 504,432 (479,075 - 529,789) 63% (62% - 64%)
    Inpatient Beds Occupied (COVID-19 Patients) 64,496 (61,047 - 67,946) 8% (8% - 9%)
    ICU Beds Occupied (all Patients) 75,257 (70,290 - 80,225) 61% (59% - 62%)

So if our critical metric is hospital capacity to treat the sick in the middle of July, based on capacity to treat the sick, then we are doing really well.

I mean it really depends on what your POV is, like it or not, life has to be managed risk/reward. We do it everyday. We know for sure what the impact of a lock down will have on the economy, what we don't really know (and don't say you do, because no one really knows) what will be the total deaths be and will it go into a true crisis mode (death rates higher than 10% or what ever the threshold would be and capacity to treat is exceeded). Which there is going to be some deaths, just like there would be normal flu season. But those decisions have to be made.
    DM60 Tunes: The Collection

Thanks
    Monday morning quarterbacking is so easy...hindsight is 20/20. It's ( insert name ) fault ...because...

we're in weird ass times and in a few years we can look back and say well ( insert name ) really screwed the pooch on this..would of, could of, should of...For sure "mistakes were made" and continue to be made but mostly made with best intentions.. For certain there are financial opportunities that lie within this abyss that do sway many to the dark side..and it is on all levels...from Big Pharma wanting to cash in to people used to making minimum wage suddenly making more with unemployment than if they work choosing not to go back to work because "it's just not safe yet"...and then there's the union...OY!

I just hope n pray none of y'alls or your loved ones gets it and if ya do ya live to the tale.
    Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Doobie View Post
    You said "much" of the deaths in the US are due to misinformation. What is your definition of "much"? What is your definition of rhetoric? Politicized talking points? Propaganda?

I'm just asking you to provide evidence to back up that statement. Unless your statement is misinformation?!?
    Republicans are resisting wearing masks, resisting social distancing, resisting peer reviewed studies, and rushing to open businesses and schools back up when the overwhelming consensus of medical experts/epidemiologists says otherwise. Do you deny this?

Republicans have been urging people to go out and socialize, "liberate" yourselves, and ignore what the vast majority of doctors and epidemiologists are recommending. Do you deny this?

You think politicians overruling the medical community isn't having huge consequences?!? That isn't supported by the data.

There are no firm estimates at this time of how many people are dying as a direct result of misinformation campaigns that victimize unsuspecting folks like yourself, Herman Cain, TAE, Miroslav, RFR, Olson, etc. Whatever the number is, it would take years to validate, and it will be significant. The performance of the USA under Trump has been a complete disaster:

The USA is 4.2% of the world's population, but has 23% of the fatalities and 27% of confirmed cases. That is a shit result!

And while it's understandable that certain large population centers would struggle with the initial outbreak that took hold before we had much time to react, there's no excuse for the states that don't have high population densities but haven't learned the lessons by now, or by June, and are experiencing new outbreaks as a direct result of misinformation campaigns.

Here are the top 15 worst states right now in terms of new cases per capita on a 7 day rolling average, and the political party of their Governors:

1. Florida (R)
    2. Mississippi (R)
    3. Louisiana (D)
    4. Tennessee (R)
    5. Nevada (D)
    6. South Carolina (R)
    7. Georgia (R)
    8. Texas (R)
    9. Alabama (R)
    10. Arizona (R)
    11. Oklahoma (R)
    12. Idaho (R)
    13. Arkansas (R)
    14. Missouri (R)
    15. Alaska (R)

Of these states, only two of them (Nevada and Louisiana) have a Democrat Governor. It is not a coincidence that these are largely the same states that are most vulnerable to the kind of Republican misinformation campaigns that you are vulnerable to.

Source:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph..._coronavirus_2

Here is a list of 215 countries. The USA is among the 10 WORST both in terms of coronavirus cases per million people and coronavirus deaths per million people.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 18,070,640 Cases and 689,761 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DM60 View Post

United States 4 562 037

I put the US alone and grouped Europe to get a closer population count. But I don't think this lays just on Trump. I think he knew what would happen to the economy and didn't want to go into lock down. But when he did try to stop flights into the country, many people had a fit. I think that is true that delay and idea may have created more cases. But also many Americans have a struggle to go into total lock down. Once again, look at the protests, that had to have some impact and while you may try and blame Trump for that, you would be stretching it just to throw rocks at the guy.

I would also agree he has tried to push for a more aggressive opening, because the economic fallout of this is going to get worse the longer it is drawn out. I think the risk of tracking with higher cases and manage from open hospital beds is a better strategy than shutting totally down.

But to be honest, the goal posts keep moving in the news. The original idea back in April/May was track the cases but the critical metric to watch was hospital capacity.

For the nation:

This was from CDC from July 14th. Not sure why it hasn't been updated.

Inpatient Beds Occupied (all Patients) 504,432 (479,075 - 529,789) 63% (62% - 64%)
    Inpatient Beds Occupied (COVID-19 Patients) 64,496 (61,047 - 67,946) 8% (8% - 9%)
    ICU Beds Occupied (all Patients) 75,257 (70,290 - 80,225) 61% (59% - 62%)

So if our critical metric is hospital capacity to treat the sick in the middle of July, based on capacity to treat the sick, then we are doing really well.

I mean it really depends on what your POV is, like it or not, life has to be managed risk/reward. We do it everyday. We know for sure what the impact of a lock down will have on the economy, what we don't really know (and don't say you do, because no one really knows) what will be the total deaths be and will it go into a true crisis mode (death rates higher than 10% or what ever the threshold would be and capacity to treat is exceeded). Which there is going to be some deaths, just like there would be normal flu season. But those decisions have to be made.
    The states (counting DC) that had big protests (Portland, Oregon, New York City, New York, Washington DC) are not the ones that are experiencing current outbreaks.

All three are in the bottom 20 (out of 50+ states and territories) in terms of coronavirus infections per 100,000 residents:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph..._coronavirus_2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DM60 View Post

United States 4 562 037

I put the US alone and grouped Europe to get a closer population count.
    The population of Europe is 741 million people.
    The US has 330 million.

So by these numbers we have 50% more infections with less than half the population, which would mean our infection rate is significantly worse.

Thread Information