Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: My Corona

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by miroslav View Post
    Oh for sure...the fear for some is genuine.

I like how you make a STUPID assumption about my line of thinking, when you suggest I'm saying some people "deserve to die".
    It's exactly this type of illogical stuff that is annoying with this virus. People are responding in extreme, knee-jerk reactions.

My "facts" came from a news article I read...that many of the dead in Italy had preexisting conditions that collapsed when they got the virus.
    That's NOT saying that they "deserved to die"...that's just a FACT that needs to be taken into account.
    So then if you use Italy as your benchmark for the virus...it will skew your view (which it apparently has), into thinking that death is more possible for anyone getting the virus...but in reality the majority of people recover from the virus. We may not recover for a long time if our USA or even global economy completely tanks due to overreaction.

When we are in month 3-4 (or who knows, maybe month 9) of the shutdown...get back to me then how you feel about things.
    For some people, staying home is easy. I can stay home...and most of the elderly can...but the entire population will not be able to for months on end.

If the economy tanks...the fallout will be much worse and more prolonged for everyone, not to mention the next generation or two, and yes, there will even be premature death from that, but it probably won't be as clearly quantified as it is with the virus...so the results of a potential tanked global economy will linger for a decade or two.
    Maybe that isn't a real concern for the elderly as much as their immediate health is...but it will be for everyone else.
    I'm no spring chicken either, so don't think I don't have my own risks to consider...but living is just as important as life....if you get my meaning.
    Peace out.

Thanks
    Wasn't trying to argue with you...just pointing out that there's a few ways to consider what's going on, and that maybe we all need to think about the long-term as much as we think about the immediate situation when decisions are made.

All life is precious...and there are many things that can affect it negatively, not just a virus.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to miroslav For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TAE View Post
    Here's the link to the worldometer on the Virus a lot of good data there...

Attachment 105853

Attachment 105852
    so that was 1 week ago....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails virus19-march-26-png  

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

Thanks
    I don't think the numbers will be tripling ever week indefinitely...it's the spike in the curve as the virus progresses, but it will come back down.
    What's interesting to me is that the number recovered isn't moving up...so there is a large number of people who are in that 2-3 week sick period, but when most of them recover, then the curve will start to flatten out.

One other thing...if the number infected and dying keeps increasing...then it raises the question that all these shutdowns aren't really making as much of a difference as expected, and the virus will simply run it's course no matter what...some will be infected, some won't, some will die, some will recover.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to miroslav For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    One other thing...if the number infected and dying keeps increasing...then it raises the question that all these shutdowns aren't really making as much of a difference as expected, and the virus will simply run it's course no matter what...some will be infected, some won't, some will die, some will recover.
    It's because of the 2 week 'incubation/contagious' time. Didn't you see the picture of all those people on the beaches in Florida on springbreak a week and half ago? Then they all went home and are spreading it further.
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    Reading the CDC info it makes sense only the data in past tense can be known, and during a crisis there isn't the ability to make clear and factual stats.

China locked down hard, "California" cities a lesser but severe Shelter-In Home level.....then theres the current lesser levels all the way down to doing nothing and going to Florida to party!!! Italy seems to be sending the signal now that the "ignoring it" doesn't work.
    The past data of China is they locked down and reduced the issue. The unknown data is will China have a 2nd wave once they turn everything back on?

From the reports from Nurses in the hospitals now in this area its getting uglier each day. Best way I understand keeping quarantined is to keep myself out of the Hell-hole hospitals, as the Hospital isn't a place you want to be right now. A huge test of the system for sure.

My work is now going to a higher level of closing and requiring sign-in only, and allowing by guard only 10 in the building at a time.
    So far still getting a check for April.....May, June who knows?

I don't really agree with the US Gov sending out checks to everyone under $100k a year. I would have put it all on people who are filing Unemployment first of all and get them the money, sure that's good they need it. But why am I and all the people still working and all the Retired People still getting their normal incomes getting a "handout check"? Seems stupid and makes no sense.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolCat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Many factors weigh in that make the data a bit unreliable one of which there were not enough testing kits to test anyone who though they had the bug until now kind of sort of.
    I have heard (prepare for unsupported hearsay) "they" believe the U.S. may have had cases all the way back in January.
    Sadly I would not at all be surprised that this is true. For a fact it was happening and first identified in China 12/31/19
    I participated in a big ass trade show in Vegas in mid January with over 100,000 attendees and a boat load of Chinese vendors from all over China ...what are the odds of 1 of them bringing a little friend along with them? Definitely a real possibility...and just one of these at least 1000 Chinese visitors / exhibitors could have spread it to 100's of people coming from all over the world to this show..This is just one example of probably 100's of ways this bug was spread much earlier that previously thought. The fact that we didn't have test kits and there is still a shortage is troubling.. There are several companies in China offering test kits but they are not FDA (Fricking Dumb Ass system) approved so for now not allowed to be brought in.

img_0422-56d68704452a9-1024x683-png
    Last edited by TAE; 1 Week Ago at 07:41.
    Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind.

"The secret to a long life is to trust in God, drink 1/2 cup of colloidal silver @ 15 ppm daily and DON'T GET DA VIRUS! ." - TAE... 66 and holding.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
    "California" cities a lesser but severe Shelter-In Home level....
    For once it doesn't suck to live in lefty California

Again having a lot of Chinese friends what we are doing here in Cali obviously helps some but it is not fair to compare a spread out population of California to a tight quarters place like New York.

In China even in the areas where they didn't LOCK YOU DOWN with a piece of security tape sealing your apartment door and tracking you by your phones..they still did a lot more to slow down the spread...This includes requiring EVERYONE to wear the n95 mask and wherever you go there are officials with the laser thermometers zapping you to see if you have a fever and scanning your wechat qr code to identify and track you and make sure you're not being careless...Sadly the U.S has more than double the cases of China right now, they are 11 weeks in and almost have it stopped we are 3 weeks in and it is growing... Do your part to slow the spread and stay safe...from the reports of people who have had this yes some have hardly any symptoms but Holy shit many who didn't die say it was the worst fricking bug they had ever had...super painful back pains for some reason..described as if someone is breaking your back in half...Yikes!

"The secret to a long life is to trust in God, drink 1/2 cup of colloidal silver @ 15 ppm daily and DON'T GET DA VIRUS! ." - TAE... 66 and holding.

Thanks
    On supporting the local restaurants...I get it but damn if that dumb ass woman who leads the los Angeles health department hasn't made me want to rethink eating anything not cooked in my house and is COOKED!

When asked what they are doing to ensure that the restaurants are not spreading the virus she replied that the health department has standards in place that prevent restaurants from spreading salmonella and we do unannounced inspections every day...WTF? You haven't instituted more strict standards with this shit going around?...Kind of like anyone working in a food preparation establishment must be tested for the virus before they can work in that environment and they must wear mask during preparation...Nope we're gonna just let them make food like we always have because we have a grading system in place .....dumb asses. BUT I'M NOT BITTER!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TAE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TAE View Post
    Many factors weigh in that make the data a bit unreliable one of which there were not enough testing kits to test anyone who though they had the bug until now kind of sort of.
    I have heard (prepare for unsupported hearsay) "they" believe the U.S. may have had cases all the way back in January.
    Sadly I would not at all be surprised that this is true. For a fact it was happening and first identified in China 12/31/19
    I participated in a big ass trade show in Vegas in mid January with over 100,000 attendees and a boat load of Chinese vendors from all over China ...what are the odds of 1 of them bringing a little friend along with them? Definitely a real possibility...and just one of these at least 1000 Chinese visitors / exhibitors could have spread it to 100's of people coming from all over the world to this show..This is just one example of probably 100's of ways this bug was spread much earlier that previously thought. The fact that we didn't have test kits and there is still a shortage is troubling.. There are several companies in China offering test kits but they are not FDA (Fricking Dumb Ass system) approved so for now not allowed to be brought in.

img_0422-56d68704452a9-1024x683-png
    I was reading some Taiwan success article with this and they are familiar with China and the China tendency to not be transparent.
    But this article said it initially was told to Taiwan there was a severe pneumonia. Taiwan went over and these medical types felt they weren't getting the "whole truth" but came back and sounded the alarm really early.

They seem to be operating business's and doing masks and following orders... there are some countries doing better, Germany and Taiwan it seems is on that list.

Yeah its crazy the huge gatherings. Pictures of India lower wealth masses of people would seem to be ripe for the "worst case" scenario like the picture of the trade show leans towards.

Thread Information