My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm............maybe I'm right.....and maybe I'm not. Maybe you're right.........and maybe you're not.

Hmmm............maybe I'm right.....and maybe I'm not. Maybe you're right.........and maybe you're not.

Haha. Love your Switzerland approach. Neutral. Me, I ain’t got s Swiss bone in my body. ;)

Now, Malaria deaths. 400k a year it was?? Even with bugspray, ointments for repelling bugs, netting..... you know, all the ‘preventative’ measures in place, we still have
400k deaths per year. Thats similar #s to the covid. (With all the covid preventive measures)

Hmmmm.... maybe we should have the whole world locked down every year . Hell, why not make it permanent! If we’re going to ruin lives in order to save lives, why we pussyfooting around? Might as well go big.

Lemme see now, hmm..... car accidents. Don’t know the numbers, but might as well ban them.

Alcohol related deaths? Booze has got to go.

Oh, don’t forget the opioid crisis. No more pain relief till we find a non addicting pain remedy.

Medical mistake deaths? Thats pretty high up there too. Ban doctors, hospitals and nurses.

Shark attacks? No more surfing, diving etc. ever.

I could go on and on. ;)

Haha. Love your Switzerland approach. Neutral. Me, I ain’t got s Swiss bone in my body. ;)

Now, Malaria deaths. 400k a year it was?? Even with bugspray, ointments for repelling bugs, netting..... you know, all the ‘preventative’ measures in place, we still have
400k deaths per year. Thats similar #s to the covid. (With all the covid preventive measures)

Hmmmm.... maybe we should have the whole world locked down every year . Hell, why not make it permanent! If we’re going to ruin lives in order to save lives, why we pussyfooting around? Might as well go big.

Lemme see now, hmm..... car accidents. Don’t know the numbers, but might as well ban them.

Alcohol related deaths? Booze has got to go.

Oh, don’t forget the opioid crisis. No more pain relief till we find a non addicting pain remedy.

Medical mistake deaths? Thats pretty high up there too. Ban doctors, hospitals and nurses.

Shark attacks? No more surfing, diving etc. ever.

I could go on and on. ;)

Hmmmm.........interesting. If anyone wants to or needs to believe anything at all.........it's ok. Go for it!

To touch on another Covid subject.........let me tell you this story.

Back during the Xmas holidays my wife flew up north to NJ to visit. She flew into the Atlantic City airport but flew back from Newark airport on Dec 30th. About a week later she felt tired and had a little sore throat....so she took the day off and was better in a day or so. A week or so after that.....two weeks after she came back.......I got a sore throat.....a headache.....a low fever.....and a cough that was so bad I couldn't catch my breath sometimes. I was sick for at least two weeks and went to the doctor who didn't do a flu test but was pretty sure I had the flu. That fever hung on for days and days. I lost about 8 lbs. I lost my sense of taste and smell. I didn't feel much better until just before the Super Bowl in early February. Looking back.......it's really possible that I had corona.

So.......my wife took an antibody test and was negative. The place she took the test admits their test is not FDA approved....yet. I want to take an antibody test but I hear that so many are not accurate. I sort of think my wife and I had Covid but I'm not sure. What do you guys think about these antibody tests? And what what if I test positive? What if I test negative? Will I believe any of it?

Last edited:
What do you guys think about these antibody tests?

If you're exhibiting all the COVID-19 symptoms...do you really need a test?
NO...but if you feel real sick and go to the doctor, they may give you one if they feel the need to hospitalize you.
Otherwise...just stay home and self-quarantine anyway...because if it's just the flue, you still want to avoid passing it on.

If you feel perfectly fine, and never experienced any symptoms...what's the point of the test?
We've all been semi-shut in for two months, so that's much longer than the 2-week period normally required for the illness to pass in most people...unless you have other issues, in which case see above...you end up in the hospital, and they will test you if needed.

Thing is, I think the majority of people are obsessed with getting tested just to see if they have been exposed to the virus...regardless how they feel.
Like...they need to know.
I mean...why...what's to be gained?
Again...after two months of stay at home, you're not going to be passing it on...even if you were exposed at some point, and the test shows it.

The only people that really want to test everyone on the planet...are the people collecting data...the virologists and the government.
We've had other illnesses just as nasty...the first SARS (which is very much related to COVID-19) and H1N1...and there was no push to test everyone to see who was carrying antibodies.

If you feel fine...get on with life.

Miro....I get all that and I agree.........but........if I did have covid.......I'd like to know. Trust me.....I'm not obsessed. It would be nice if it's discovered that having the antibodies gives you some level of immunity.....right? If it follows most corona virus's in the past....that would be true. Who wouldn't like to know if they might be immune.........IF they think they had the symptoms?

As I'm typing....the news is on. How weird. They just now mentioned that it's likely that half of these tests are wrong. Wow......a bunch of companies are pushing snake oil I guess.

[MENTION=160917]Mickster[/MENTION]
As to the possibility of having had it.... quite possibly yes.

In my town, half the people I’ve talked to feel they’ve had it last year anywhere from Nov to January.

Most aren’t worried about catching it, very few masks and life is pretty normal

Per the local newspaper, the county has had only 36 cases. Not deaths but cases.
That’s since it “officially” arrived in the US.

I think it’s quite possible it’s already rolled through and people are immune now.
Just a speculation.

Miro....I get all that and I agree.........but........if I did have covid.......I'd like to know.

Oh I get it...it's like that itch you can't scratch.

The way I look at it, if it's not affecting me, I don't really care...life goes on, and I wouldn't have any benefit from knowing, other than knowing.
AFA will it mean you are now immune...well, they don't think that's the case 100%...like if there's a different strain etc.
I think it's realty down to each person, their genetic makeup, their overall health, and their lifestyle (environment, nourishment)...so again, if I've been exposed to it and nothing...well then, it's nothing.

Of course, I will still do what I've been doing for the last 40+ years...when out in public, never touch your face before washing your hands, and without question, be aware of who/what is around you. Many times when I was in a store, and maybe a person was walking toward me and was coughing/sneezing...I immediately turn hard away from them, and even held my breath...because I know when someone does that, they expel a lot of liquid particles into the air.

It sounds like minor, silly stuff...wash your hands, don't touch your face, etc...but I can guarantee it makes a HUGE difference in you getting infected by some sick person or not. That stuff has been going on long before COVID-19...so it's way too silly how many people only now have come to that realization...purely because of fear from dying. Yeah, many also die from the common flue...but for some reason, a lot of people don't take that as seriously, and they will work or live next to someone who has the flue, and not do any social hygiene to protect themselves....I've seen it often at my old day gig...and then 3 days later, they too are sick.

So back to the tests...there are so many health related risks we all live with, many which can most definitely kill us or make us very ill or invalids for life...and people don't get too obsessed about getting tested if they feel fine. Granted, some of those tests are involved and expensive...but I'm just saying if you're feeling good, and especially if you think you might have had a mild case of COVID-19 and then completely recovered...then that great for you, go enjoy life, don't dwell on it to where it's bothering you. Maybe in a few months there will be some easy-peasy home test that is accurate and quick, so you don't even need to send it in...etc.

If you feel perfectly fine, and never experienced any symptoms...what's the point of the test?

If you feel fine...get on with life.

Every year the flu comes around. It’s common knowledge that some die after getting it. But life goes on. No lockdown. Voluntary self isolation because you feel like shit is common.

But in flu season, I doubt that anyone who DIDN’T get sick ever thought..... hmmm I wonder if I had the flu, i wish I could get tested.

All the testing emphasis is a result of the incredible fear of the covid, which has been, and is still, being pushed by the media.

I wonder how much money is being made by the test manufacturers. It’s probably like the gold rush!

I wonder how much money is being made by the test manufacturers. It’s probably like the gold rush!

It doesn't compare to what their making off the vaccine development, without even having sold one shot yet!
There may never be one...and if there is, by the time they make it, the number of infected will have dropped off below the threshold needed for the vaccine to be of value...that's what they're now saying.

And there's so many other things that some are making money on because of the virus...or more accurately, because of the overreaction to the virus.

First off...I'm talking about the USA...and specifically NY and the other states where the shutdowns were put in place....not Australia.

Second...maybe you need to read up on "herd immunity" a bit more before you tell me I don't know anything about it.

What is Herd Immunity and How Can We Achieve It With COVID-19? - COVID-19 - Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

There are two ways to get there...since we don't have a vaccine for COVID-19 and won't for at least another 6-12 months...maybe more...
...the other way to achieve heard immunity is *allow* more people to become infected, and those who do not get sick, will help protect those who do by achieving herd immunity. That's already been shown with this virus that *many* people have tested positive but NOT gotten sick...so we were on the path toward "heard immunity"...but by forcing all the healthy people to stay inside...they are now *temporarily* isolated from the virus, so those getting sick from it are not seeing any benefit from the ones that are not, because we are not getting to the needed level of herd immunity.

If you want to put all your money on some vaccines that may or may not work (notice how the flu vaccines are hit-n-miss from year to year)...that's your personal choice, but there are other, natural ways to maintain and develop immunity, so please don't preach about the man-made way as the only/best way.
I haven't been sick with any kind of viral flu or bacterial illness since I was a kid...and it's not just because some people around me have been vaccinated.

It's interesting how many people always think the best way to tackle a natural problem is with a man-made solution. If I had a nickel for every man-made solution that failed or had serious side-effects, I would a very rich man.

When they let all the healthy people go back out...there will be a second wave, and still no herd immunity...so don't be surprised that the countries that have managed to lower their infection rates, will suddenly see them go back up...unless of course, you guys in Australia plan to all stay inside for another 6-12 months until there is a vaccine...?
That's just not realistic, is it...?...or maybe you're going to tell me that the economy in Australia works much differently, and keeping the country shut down for months will not have any dire effects long-term, and that I "don't understand" how that works down there...?

And that is the real point that people who are highly fearful of the virus want to ignore...the long-term negative effects on life that a destroyed economy will have for the next decade or more. Maybe for a lot seniors that's not as big a concern as the immediate fear of dying from the virus since they are in the higher risk category, and that AFA any long-term economic fallout, well the younger generation will just have to work it out for themselves...
...but I think even us older folks might want to at least think about what we're leaving behind, as much as we do about what's still left for us ahead.

Now some of the experts are saying that we can expect this coronavirus and it's mutations to become a seasonal thing...which may make it very hard to create the right vaccine in time for whatever expected mutation and new strain might be arriving.
So are we going to plan on shutting down the world every year for a few months to avoid the spread...?

I haven't been here since I posted 6 weeks ago...

Still feel the same way? 100,000 dead in your country? I think the number was about 30,000 when I posted. There is no evidence yet that the herd immunity concept works for this virus - that the antibodies created will have the desired effect, but let's say it does. So, can we assume a 60% infection rate to achieve it - that'd be about 200,000,000 - so let's apply your current death/case ratio of 5.7%, and that's about 11,000,000 dead.

Now you can argue the assumptions, of course, but it's still a super high tally, however you want to cut it...

All the US is demonstrating right now is its systemic inability to work towards a common cause when it really needs to - just the way it is, I understand why, freedoms and all - plenty of examples. And that's unfortunate, because as much as your peerless leader irks me, the world still needs the US to do what the US does, because China is having a great time reshaping the world while you're focusing inwards.

I skimmed through a bit of this thread since 6 weeks ago... Bill Gates conspiracy theories... nice. Have you all got onto 5G yet? And vaccine-injected microchips?

There are signs it's getting under control there, and gee I hope it is, but I reckon you've gone 2-3 weeks too soon on the unlocking. I hope for all your sakes you don't get a second wave - we'll know by about mid-June. I'll pop by in a month and see how it's going. If it's "well" then you'll have about 120,000 dead, if it's not so good then probably not too many more, but the case rate will be kinking upwards again and the deaths will follow.

Fingers crossed for you all.

Reactions: TAE
Has it escaped everyone's attention that Miro had always claimed to be immune to any sort of communicable disease even if someone sneezed close by?

All of a sudden, tonight, Miro writes...

"Of course, I will still do what I have been doing for the past 40+ years."

It isn't necessary to quote the entirety of Miro's post.

People can read it and decide for themselves.

I have no doubt that TAE began this thread....hoping for the best without politics involved whatsoever.

With all due respect to Miro. It's okay to be caught with your pants down at least once in your life.

It's time for a new thread.

Has it escaped everyone's attention that Miro had always claimed to be immune to any sort of communicable disease even if someone sneezed close by?

:facepalm:

Nice twist...show me where I claimed that.

I've avoided communicable illnesses for decades...you want to call it immunity, that's your word...I just call it good social hygiene practice and a lot of common sense.

I haven't been here since I posted 6 weeks ago...

Mmm...well I'm not going back 6 weeks to revisit all your retro-points...but yes, I do feel the same way, although now it's kinda becoming moot, because we are finally getting out of these stupid shutdowns.
Another 2-3 weeks will not have made much difference, considering that all the experts are saying the virus is here to stay...and most likely a second wave.
AFA no sign that heard immunity works...well, considering that we did our damnedest to avoid it...not sure how you would come to that conclusion.
So the 100k dead WITH the shutdowns...they didn't really help, did they?

All who aren't comfortable coming out...then don't...but also don't expect some quick end...or a vaccine to make it all go away any time soon.
I'm sure those who have guaranteed incomes can afford to brow-beat the rest of the population's desire to get back out and their needs to get back to work.
To demand some guaranteed stay-at-home safety when you don't have economic concerns...and basically tell the rest of the population to just tough it out...is pretty insensitive.
Stay home as long as you can afford to, and feel as safe as you need to...but let the rest of the people get back to work so they too can survive.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about these antibody tests? And what what if I test positive? What if I test negative? Will I believe any of it?

Here's the latest from the CDC that I read today for anyone who thinks they have the virus or exhibiting any symptoms of it.

"The organization says that those who 'think or know they have COVID-19 and had symptoms' must wait 10 days after symptoms appear to see people, including three days without fever. Those who test positive but are showing no symptoms should also wait 10 days until after the positive test. Those with weakened immune systems, it notes, may need to wait longer."

So that was my point...we've been doing the stay home thing for two months in most of the USA...if you think you got infected or had any symptoms...you're well past the 10 day requirement to avoid others. You really don't need a test to make those decisions...and if you feel fine, don't think it about it so much...just get on with your life. :)

BUT, the point is that the whole country didn't get exposed all at once. You may have just gotten infected yesterday. And since most people who have it don't have symptoms, you wouldn't know. And you wouldn't even know if you got tested today, because it takes a while for it to build up in your body to register on a test, during which time, you won't feel sick, but you will be a carrier. And if you test clean today, that doesn't mean you won't be exposed to it tomorrow, so it's not like it's a free pass.

And what what if I test positive? What if I test negative? Will I believe any of it?

I wouldn't. So many of the current tests are unreliable. And we don't even know for sure that you WILL have immunity, or for how long or at what level. So even the development of a vaccine may not be the silver bullet. There's just too much we don't know yet.

BUT, the point is that the whole country didn't get exposed all at once. You may have just gotten infected yesterday. And since most people who have it don't have symptoms, you wouldn't know. And you wouldn't even know if you got tested today, because it takes a while for it to build up in your body to register on a test, during which time, you won't feel sick, but you will be a carrier. And if you test clean today, that doesn't mean you won't be exposed to it tomorrow, so it's not like it's a free pass.

People can do that "what if" for the next two years...it's not going to provide any kind of answer or solution.

Most people have been shut in, most of the time, for two months...so if they didn't develop symptoms or if they were infected without symptoms...then after two months, they should be fine.
To say that any time someone sticks their head out the door, they are potentially infected...is probably far fetched, depending at which area of the country you're living in. If after two months, you area has low to now cases...odds are good you won't get infected going out, especially if you practice basic social hygiene and keep some distance and use some common sense. The virus isn't waiting for you to come out and jump on you.
There's too many people who imagine that the virus is EVERYWHERE...and no matter where you go it's going to land on you...and all that nonsense.

They've confirmed that UV light and hot weather kill the virus...well, it's been sunny and hot...so perfect time to go outside. :)

Well, this damn COVID-19 shit has finally affected me personally.
I've lost a big chunk of my income since this all started and have decided to try and make some extra money with a new side gig.

Hoping that some of you here will consider supporting me in my new venture..

So........ it's like this

I am getting into the Adult toy biz. No shit!

I know some of you will be a little embarrassed to ask for them. Don't be silly..we all have our human needs.
I have all kinds of things, different sizes and styles. You name it I can get it for you.

Discretion is guaranteed!!

The various types of items I currently have to offer are listed below.

Walkers
Wheelchairs
Oxygen tanks
Canes
Disposable diapers
False teeth glue and much much more!

Have a lovely and safely Corona protected day and get you're mind out of the gutter!

:laughings:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back