My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not an expert and neither are you. You have your view, I have mine.

Whereas I’m not happy with the whole situation, it seems you’re getting pissed off with people here in this forum who don’t share your ideas.

We’re not in agreement obviously, and it’s fruitless to argue. So I’ll just wish you a long happy life. :).

Maybe in china. Lol! Just kidding with you. ;)

Believing any "facts" that come out of China as 100% truthful and accurate...would be a big mistake.

I would agree with that...100% accurate is impossible anywhere in this situation...Based upon what I personally know and it's a hell of a lot more than you and 99% of the people flapping their mouth about China, 90% accurate is close enough..I know a shit load of people in China including a few in Wuhan...not one of them got the virus, not one of them know someone personally that got the virus..I've watched a video of my Chinese business partner out in a open park with his wife and kid and 100's of other people out for the night LAST WEEK all with mask on but getting on with life...You want to willy nilly off the cuff just say I don't believe the numbers are 100% and in one fail swoop imply that because they aren't 100% accurate we should just ignore them...OK ...But you're carelessly ignoring proof positive that taking a fast and hard ass line on this virus was the best approach..Most of my Chinese friends were pissed off and saying their government was way over reacting back in January...now their just shaking their heads in disbelief and gratitude as they see the numbers continue to prove their government did the right thing.

[MENTION=1094]TAE[/MENTION]
In the course of me scratching my head, thinking ‘who the hell is this guy’, I clicked on your link.
Never had before. Instead of finding some linkedin gates foundation junk, I found some music. ;)
I actually listened to 3 songs! Very surprised and pleasantly pleased. Some soulfully crafted songs came out of my tiny little iPhone speaker.
Interesting, there was a very “New York State of Mind” vibe.
I guess mostly due to the piano and vocal stylings.
Very well done. I’m just surprised that it took a pandemic to get me to have a listen.
Well they do say that music is the universal language. I may not understand or see eye to eye with what you type onto a screen, but I do like what I heard on the speaker.
:)

I’m not an expert and neither are you.
Truth...and who is? We are in uncharted water...

I do get really annoyed when I see uniformed, ignorant biased statements about China. In that regard I am an "expert" more knowledgeable and with more reliable connections of what goes on over there than most people in the media and definitely most politicians.

With regard to putting out information that could not only be dangerous to the people here who read it but the people they go and tell cause they read it on the internet does anger me...e.g. mask are not necessary, Mask are 100% useless...just really bad info...Not something I can just ignore and not at least try to provide facts and data to support the opposing opinion..

Agree to disagree and like wise I wish you a good long healthy life in Paradise..

[MENTION=1094]TAE[/MENTION]
In the course of me scratching my head, thinking ‘who the hell is this guy’, I clicked on your link.
Never had before. Instead of finding some linkedin gates foundation junk, I found some music. ;)
I actually listened to 3 songs! Very surprised and pleasantly pleased. Some soulfully crafted songs came out of my tiny little iPhone speaker.
Interesting, there was a very “New York State of Mind” vibe.
I guess mostly due to the piano and vocal stylings.
Very well done. I’m just surprised that it took a pandemic to get me to have a listen.
Well they do say that music is the universal language. I may not understand or see eye to eye with what you type onto a screen, but I do like what I heard on the speaker.
:)

Ah shucks! :o Thanks RFR I LOVE PLAYING MUSIC.....and they LOVE ME when I play in China ;) and I do! Love feeling the love of doing what I love!

No reason for you to pull out the mushy card.

Thanks for having a listen would have been fine. ??

Truth...and who is? We are in uncharted water...
I do get really annoyed when I see uniformed, ignorant biased statements about China. In that regard I am an "expert" more knowledgeable and with more reliable connections of what goes on over there than most people in the media and definitely most politicians.

Is China apologetic for releasing the virus, and previous virus's? And are they announcing any "lessons learned" so it doesn't happen again?
I haven't heard much of any response from China in the US media.
I have family living in Taiwan for 25yrs, so theres some input from that.

I was reading around for Chinas Govt response to the "Wuhan" being the source etc. Not much said it seems?

Anything could go bad in any country, Chernobyl for example, and Wuhan seems to be the name on this pandemic event.
Will China apologize to the world or is the Wuhan Lab coming to any conclusion of what happened and being held accountable?

Is China apologetic for releasing the virus, and previous virus's?

First of all we don't know for sure where it originated or how it jumped from animals to humans or if it even did jump from animals. It's all speculation, assumptions and conjecture. What I find irritating is the typical human nature to point fingers and place blame and the idiocy that spawns from that...Like the arrested Wuhan scientist who was arrested for stealing from a lab here in the U.S. and propagating the Covid-19 virus...amazing that some dumb ass would be so evil as to concoct and twist a spin on a real event that really happened and in no way no how could have ANYTHING to do with Covid-19 and turn it into a conspiracy theory. Inciting more hate and ignorance into this already hot topic..

China apologize? For what? Let's say we knew for sure it really did start there...(we don't) We're sorry that somehow a deadly virus started in our country. We haven't a clue as to how it started nor does anyone else but we're sorry that it started here rather than in somewhere else. How about aids did we get an apology from the monkey fucker that got that started ( just kidding and pointing out the absurdity of weird ass people that start these rumors) actually started in the Congo in the 1920's from people eating monkey meat...or how about the gay airline pilot that spread it across the world...where's his apology...

Shit happens, weird ass virus happen, If there ever is concrete evidence that this virus happened because of something that one single human did in Wuhan should the the whole of China apologize for one persons oops? Like "They" had some control over that person, "They" should have not let it happen... If it was because some guy in Chicago ate bat brew soup should America "Apologize" to the world?

It's this kind of blame game thinking that really makes me sit back and reflect on King Crimsons...Greg Lakes "Epitaph" and go wow!

Last edited:
No reason for you to pull out the mushy card.

Thanks for having a listen would have been fine. ����

No you hit on something there...We (not just you n me) sit here and banter back n forth because we're passionate about our beliefs and for sure we can't all be on the same page all the time. But there's a story behind each of us and most of us here are musicians that originally came here trying to dial in the dark side of music...recording...ugh!.... a necessary evil in trying to share our "good vibrations" I respect and realize recording is an art in of itself...just not where I really want to spend the limited time I have on this planet... I really do LOVE playing n singing and dread having to get set up and push record. That whole process is just a whole other place and space in time. I just want to play my music...I came here 20+ years ago and only started pressing the record button about 6 years ago...I learned a ton here and software like Reaper made it easier...finally set down my pride and perfectionism and accepted my little one shot live stuff as "good enough for government work" That you took the time to take a listen and be kind and complimentary is appreciated.

Last edited:
First of all we don't know for sure where it originated or how it jumped from animals to humans or if it even did jump from animals. It's all speculation, assumptions and conjecture.

Please...there's a point when giving the benefit of the doubt becomes pretty silly...kinda like that thing with always saying "all life is precious"...when you know that there are many lives that are not.

It came from China.
There's evidence emerging that it did come out of a lab in Wuhan.
What they were doing with it exactly, and how it got released is the part that's not quite clear yet...and may never be, but that's because China always tells the truth. ;)

What should China do...apologize? HA! We should be so lucky to even get that much from them.
No...they should pay for the cost of dealing with it....or they can just erase some of the debt owed them.
If some guy crashes into your front yard and hits your house...you can call it an accident, and he can even apologize to you...but what you really expect is for him or his insurance to pay for the damages.

This has nothing to do with your Chinese friends from Wuhan. It's their government that is at fault.

I respect and realize recording is an art in of itself...just not where I really want to spend the limited time I have on this planet... I really do LOVE playing n singing and dread having to get set up and push record. That whole process is just a whole other place and space in time. I just want to play my music.

I'm at the same point in my life right now. I would like to spend all my time just focused on making music.
Playing music is certainly part of that. I remember as a kid sitting for hours and just playing Pop/Rock songs from music books, strumming my guitar and singing along, or sometimes at the piano. That's what eventually got me to writing my own songs...by learning how they were constructed.

At this point, I would like to get back to playing out some...but this virus crap will certainly push those goalposts way back for at least 6 months to a year.
It's hard to tell right now how things will evolve for the bars/clubs/venues AFA performance and attendance is concerned. I just can't see how both social distancing and going to a club to perform or listen will work...but let's see what happens when they finally reopen.

In the meantime, there's the new studio that I just finished...and I'm still trying to get that completed AFA the final treatment and the moving in of audio gear...but this new studio was really all about creating a place where I can spend my days creating and recording. I did hope to have people coming over and all that kind of stuff...but again, this virus crap may put some negative cloud over those activities well into the future...though I really hope not. I would like to see people focused on getting back to normal...instead of constantly embracing the idea that we will never get back to what was...but time will tell.

Worst case scenario...I'll have a really nice, big studio space...and it will end up being mostly for my use, and where I spend most of my time...but I'm still hopeful that I will get to play out again, and have people over to record and enjoy both the music making and the social exchanges...without the 6' distance.

Around har.....

“If Texans follow the health guidelines of washing their hands, social distancing, wearing a face covering when they go out in public, then we can be successful in reopening our economy, getting Texans back to work,”

Thursday’s biggest developments
Texas reports largest daily increases in cases and deaths
More than 140,000 Texans filed for unemployment last week
Austin nursing home sued by family of worker who died of COVID-19
Governor to announce more reopening plans.

What Im seeing is a lot more cars, a lot more people, but the minority are wearing masks and doing the 6ft thang...in public. The majority are proceeding to come out as if the problems are all solved and WhatMeWorry approach.
Basically the majority seem to just be done with it all and are not wearing masks and dont care anymore.

What Im hearing from the Hospital frontlines is that the Tests arent reliable and produce conflicting results and theres no easy path yet. One lady had 4 tests 2 positive and 2 negative, including the Fast Test and a Send Off test, also someone close was tested and the Lab lady said she was Negative, but the test results "dont mean much".

Having worked in and around Research 23yrs, things are invented and take time, no surprise.
Vaccines for Pandemics are not like McDonald burgers, there isnt a quick fix to this deadly virus.

Good news is Home Depot and that kind of biz are booming the gal at the cash register said, even busier than normal...I guess its like the Great Depression not everyone was in trouble...some even boomed.

Gas is $1.35 a gallon, $18 for a full tank!!! thats like 1990 prices.

Basically the majority seem to just be done with it all and are not wearing masks and dont care anymore.

I don't really see it as people not caring anymore about the virus...I think it's more about the reality of staying shutdown with no end in sight (if we did what some people want) that people don't care about doing anymore.

IOW...life and living is risk. It's always been like that.
There is no real solution on the horizon...which I think is what many of the extreme "stay home" proponents have been expecting, sooner than later.
To realistically and economically keep everyone shut in until some solution is possible, is not any kind of plan...but of course, there is a segment of the population that either can afford to stay home, because they're still getting paid, or they are able to work from home...or they are the full-retired group who was already pretty much staying home. These are the people who are pushing for endless shutdowns until someone comes up with a solution that will make them feel safe.
Add to that the bunch who is getting more money through unemployment + bailout, than they were from regular pay...and who expects this money to also be endless.

The irony....most of those stay-home proponents still go out to the allowed "essential" places. They've been doing it pretty regularly the last two months...and I know, because I've been out more than most people, and I see them. Last weekend, before some of the shutdowns were being lifted, it was a nice day, and it looked like any other busy Saturday afternoon at the shopping centers...with the exception that some stores were forced to stay close.

That is the hypocrisy that I find both annoying and silly. People invent ways to feel pseudo-safe.
Well...we've come to a break-point...and all the other people, the ones who can't afford to stay home any more, the business that are on the brink of collapse, the people who are not eligible for unemployment, and some also not eligible for bailouts...they want to get back to work...and there are a lot more of those people, than the ones who can afford to sit home and point fingers and shout about the need for safety.

When I think about the virus, and that it is a part of life...I recall these last lines in the movie "War of the Worlds" that were narrated by Morgan Freeman:

"From the moment the invaders arrived, breathed our air, ate and drank, they were doomed. They were undone, destroyed, after all of man's weapons and devices had failed, by the tiniest creatures that God in his wisdom put upon this earth.
By the toll of a billion deaths, man had earned his immunity, his right to survive among this planet's infinite organisms. And that right is ours against all challenges. For neither do men live nor die in vain."

So yeah...it's time to get back out, and get back to living. We will pay a price (we already have, even when staying inside)...but we will survive.

[MENTION=6814]Miro[/MENTION] I like that war of the worlds quote.

Contrary to what some say, I don’t think this lockdown (a prison term) should have happened. A quarantine of the sick, yes. Punishing the healthy, absolutely not.

This social medical experiment is really showing the tyranny of our governments and desire to roll out a police state.

The amount of unelected “officials” having power over our lives is absurd.

Even scarier, our dear leader, the guy elected to “drain the swamp” has appointed another swamp creature from big pharma to to be the vaccine czar, and is fast tracking enough vaccines to immunize all of The US. Allegedly this should be by the end of the year and will be administered by the national gaurd. This came from his own words in a recent interview.
I don’t think in that timeframe they can even guarantee that vaccine’s safety or even effectiveness, and having the military involved is scary shit. His statements are a bit double speak, but it sure sounds like forceful vaccination to me.
And this is from a man who in his inaugural address, promised to return this country to a govt by and for the people.

Well, TAE, I guess you get your wish of a Chinese communist technological surveillance state.
It’s sad to see how many are oblivious or apathetic to what’s happening.

I’ve said from the beginning that the effects of the government’s response will be far worse than the virus.

The virus will pass soon enough, yes people will die, but that happens. It is the only thing that each and everyone of us will experience. No one gets out of here alive.
But the police state?? That will be here forever and will make life suck for everyone.

I don't think they can force people to be vaccinated against their will. I think what Trump is saying is that in order to provide a massive vaccination effort, he would use the National Guard...because it would create a huge burden to leave it just up to the medical centers, and pharmacies.
Unlike the typical flu season vaccinations, which are spread out across a few months time...the idea would be to quickly provide vaccinations to anyone that wants it when it becomes available...but I don't see it being forced.

If they ever forced any type of medical procedure on the entire population...it would open such an ugly door, to all kinds of other forced medicine, that I couldn't see it being accepted in a good way by the majority of the population.
Oh sure...there are snowflakes out there that would support it. The ones that are freaked out about life, and that need constant government reassurance that someone is protecting them from everything on the planet...those people are the scary ones. They are willing to give up a lot just to feel safe...because the government can't really protect everyone from everything and make you 100% safe...but we have a lot of stupid people who are expecting that, and who think that's what government is for.

What I'm finding funny, in an ironic, sad way...is that the same people who are eager for these shutdowns to go on indefinitely, until there is some guaranteed safety...are now complaining about the higher process for food items, and the shortages for some other items. They're starting to feel the negative effects of the shutdowns even in their sheltered homes.
I'm convinced these people failed basic math, and don't get that 1+1=2. They can't seem to grasp that all actions have consequences, and the really bad actions, like the widespread shutdowns, are going to have really bad, long-term consequences.

Right...instead of quarantining just the sick...the way doctors always use to do in the past...the forced all the healthy people to stay inside.

I don't believe this is some insidious conspiracy to permanently take away our rights...

I do believe based upon the absurd and embarrassing ratio / disparity of cases and deaths the U.S. has had so far verses evil China clearly illustrates half measure availed us half ass piss poor results. Our leaders and agencies we depended upon to get us through this lied and did not implement simple things like requiring temperatures to be taken before being allowed to enter a public building or place of work. They failed us miserably.

I do not like being locked down, the loss of earnings, having to be wearing a mask all the time, the long lines, the lack of certain consumables, the lack of testing, that we can't fly about the world freely ...it all sucks but is a necessary evil in slowing the propagation and proliferation of covid-19. It makes my stomach turn when I watch the various politicians play their games cashing in on the moment in hopes of keeping their positions or elevating them to even higher positions.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel as proven in China. They are out of the tunnel and back in the sunshine...with mask on and proper precautions being taken they are back to the new normal it is for now until we have a vaccine for this. We will get there too... unfortunately due to the apathetic ways we went about this, it will be a few months longer and a whole hell of lot more deaths to get there than our evil Asian brothers who did the most evil and horrific of things to keep their numbers so low...Cheaters!

I had an aunt who had polio...yep the metal leg braces..the whole shebang...tough life she lived..Then they came up with this simple vaccine and suddenly there was no more polio...same with the small pox vaccine scar most of us boomers wear on our arms....Vaccines are so fucking insidiously evil :laughings:

Hang in there folks we'll get through this... Looks like La La land is down until mid July :eek:

In the mean time stay the fuck home!

hahahaa...great sarcasm, but an enjoyable read.

Im not going to praise china for anything as they spewed the virus (again)....what are they doing to not let it happen again? wheres the accountability? that would be encouraging if they took ownership of their situation, and at least the Wuhan Lab and experts. But I guess they risk disappearing so no one can speak freely.

Besides that I would give Taiwan the award over China, and they did do about everything as you said, and they did implement what Miro mentioned as quarantining the sick, taking temps, etc....and never shut down their economy at all. Im sure theres other countrys doing better than the US and some doing worse.

A vaccine is the dream, that and hoping China will stop releasing this crap....what is it sloppy hurried work trying to beat the US in research or is it War Germ development? I dont know.

what is it sloppy hurried work trying to beat the US in research or is it War Germ development? I dont know.

Seriously it is neither ...You've been duped by the media and the GOP. We do pretty much believe it originated in Wuhan but even that is not conclusive...yet alone China nor anyone else is even close to knowing how it came to be and started being passed by earthlings :eatpopcorn: ...anyone who says they "know for sure" as of today is full of themselves and full of bullshit cause NO ONE KNOWS for a fact as of today how it came to be! Blame China? And if the next one pops up out of nowhere in Turkey, or Los Angeles? Asking for an apology, asking them to do something different when no one has a clue is pretty unsubstantiated and undeserved IMO.

China calls for cooperation rather than blame on COVID-19
April 30, 2020 10:51 AM CDT BY JOHN WOJCIK

This is copied and pasted from HERE

A leaked secret GOP memo to its 2020 Senatorial candidates exposes Donald Trump’s “blame China for the virus” strategy as the core of the party’s re-election campaign for November.

The memo was leaked this week just after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo made two false accusations against China, one that the Chinese were guilty of a “lack of transparency” regarding the virus and another that China had refused entry into its country to inspectors from the U.S.

The record shows that China had informed both the World Health Organization and the United States on Jan. 2 about the disease and that during the month of January the U.S. had two top-level inspectors in China as part of the WHO inspection team.

The real question was what the Trump administration was doing in terms of transparency during the 50 days after that, a time during which it made no explanations about a virus that was clearly by then spreading throughout the U.S.

The 57-page GOP campaign memo tells GOP candidates not to try to defend Trump’s handling of the pandemic except, if forced, to mention only that he had immediately closed the border to entrants from China (which was also not true). Instead of defending Trump on the pandemic, the memo says, “attack China.”

The talking points in their memo include but are not limited to:

“This virus is China’s fault, it came out of China and they covered it up…
“Because China lied, we couldn’t get started fighting the virus until it was late…
“China lied by saying it could not be transmitted…
“China bought up the world’s supply of face masks and medical supplies which is why we could not get enough for our health care workers…
“The Communist Party of China is our enemy. For decades they have stolen millions of jobs from America, they have hacked into our computer networks, and they have exported plagues and fentanyl to the U.S.
“At home, they force women to have abortions and they send religious people to concentration camps and they arrest Christians.”
“The world should aim for cooperation to defeat the coronavirus rather than slip into a blame game,” Geng Shuang, a spokesperson for the Chinese Foreign Ministry, said yesterday. “Fighting COVID-19 is like fighting a fire,” Shuang said. “Every minute counts when life is at stake.”

China is continuing, as part of the WHO, to work with the international community on finding a vaccine for the virus. The U.S. is not part of that international effort, with Trump ordering a halt to U.S. funding for WHO and claiming the organization is “covering up for China.” His move has been universally condemned by medical experts and authorities the world over, including those in the U.S.

Last edited:
... exposes Donald Trump’s “blame China for the virus” strategy as the core of the party’s re-election campaign for November.

Well...considering that the Democrats want to blame Trump for every aspect of the virus...I think it kinda washes out.

The more concerning thing is that now the Democrats are attempting to buy the November election, by pushing all these ridiculous bailouts, that are packed with stuff unrelated to the virus. Their idea is to give as much money away as possible...it doesn't matter to whom or how much...just give away lots of money to appear as the saviors who bailed out the USA (just remember that they will get it all back from the average person with higher taxes in the future).

This entire virus episode was/is extremely political on many levels...and also very profitable for many.

Whenever there are millions or maybe even billions to be made off of this crisis, it leads to distrust of those involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back