My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is the USA graph of daily cases...not much has changed with our 5 week shutdowns...though I know some of the pro-shutdown folks are claiming that the curve has been flattened. Well...if consistently high daily rates equals a "flat" curve...OK, but the whole point was to "stop the spread"...so having consistently high daily cases doesn't really feel like the spread has been stopped much with the shutdowns here in the USA.

us-.png

Almost half of the people in my town that I’ve talked to believe they’ve had it last winter.

What i want to see is a graph of the economic damage. People out of work, shops closed, credit card payments, mortgage payments, rent payments etc etc.
I want to see the real world damage caused to healthy people.

What i want to see is a graph of the economic damage. People out of work, shops closed, credit card payments, mortgage payments, rent payments etc etc.
I want to see the real world damage caused to healthy people.

What's worse on top of that...there is a growing group who are happier collecting unemployment and waiting for more bailout checks from the government...it ends up being more than what they made working...so they don't want the shutdowns to end. They think the federal money will keep coming for months and months...and right now, the House is trying to push through more bills where they want to pay $2000/month to everyone, for the next few months....which would make some people very happy to stay home longer. I guess they figure there will be a vaccine in a few months, so just wait it out at home.

All that money getting paid out to people and to corporations and small business...you know that eventually it's all going to come back out of our pockets.
So they give it out now...and then they will collect it back later.

We are being pushed toward a welfare state, which will make the progressives real happy...and some people think the money just comes from somewhere(?)...like magic.

We are being pushed toward a welfare state, which will make the progressives real happy...and some people think the money just comes from somewhere(?)...like magic.

Welcome to the United States of California :laughings:

I got nothin...Welfare bad, Workfare better, County Fair ...The best!

Amid Signs the Virus Came Earlier, Americans Ask: Did I Already Have It?

More "revelations" coming out now.
I'm sure the "experts" and politicians will figure out what the best course of action should have been here in the US...about a year from now, maybe.

yea and none of it will mean anything and the news on Yahoo can go back to discussing cellulite bump seen on Kim Kardashianss ass. ohmy! breaking news!

the finger pointing, amongst the US and also against China who will say James Bond 007 planted it on them.... the Wuhan Wet Markets and Lab will continue with what they were testing, until next Virus release.

we can all sit at home and stream ourselves singing Wuhan songs on our smart phones...and see how many views we get...and possibly cash in a little.

the economy crash from the tiny data points Ive heard personally, is the Govt Cash is more than the laid off waiters and waitress's were making so its like a "smile grin" for now....they didn't have insurance to lose anyway as it isn't offered to that 17% of the working poor.
the one family member had Wuhan19 virus said "you'll know it if you have it , like drinking a cup of tiny glass shards into your lungs".
from the frontline, the new mystery is Blood Clots are being noticed and associated also with the WUhan19COVIDCOROANAVIRUSSARS2 flem death lung disease. Seen on all ages....not just old.
still this is downtown city of millions, much smaller than NewYorkCity…

so should small town bumpkinville Green Acres be shutdown? they don't have international airports? very minor traffic of tourists and travelers. less people....and you can still play songs on a smartphone to the internet world with Facebook Live or one of the streaming services.

Green Acres is the Place to be.... personally Im glad to see the govt. handout to the unemployed who qualify. Handing out billions to business's and people who didn't even lose their income, makes me scratch my small brain.

We are being pushed toward a welfare state, ...

There was some paper written by phd's social scientists or whatever they are, but it was interesting they came up with a model of history and society trends. Applied to ROME and all societys lifespan, who have come and gone or present.
It was well written, interesting. Is the US hitting the dependency stage(welfare)? or are we in the Apathy stage? ...US is somewhere in the stages of life.

Independence, Complacency, Apathy, Dependency, Dictatorship, Revolution, repeat.. Ive dumbed it down of course.

I know lately apathy seems to fit me, with complacency too?

I see people protesting with cardboard signs and buttons on their hats, and medical people seem to be scrambling for the cure globally... and musicians are writing and streaming Coronavirus songs to cheer people up and possibly make some money.

Why is this thread dying? We are only in the biggest crisis of our lives.

The whole world is in a tyrannical lockdown with a shattered economy, shattered small businesses, shattered lives etc.

Meanwhile Gates and Bezos and others are getting richer by the minute.
The rest of us are waiting for permission from big daddy government to live our lives.

Whatever side of the fence you’re on regarding this topic, we need to talk about it.

the ratio might not be much different/worse compared to that of many other things that kill us each year, and that as tragic as it is, we've learned to accept those things as part of everyday life

In the UK over 26,000 have died thus far. The first deaths came in March, I think. I don't know of anything that kills more than 26,000 in 6 weeks or so. Not a singular thing. That number and more might die but for tons of differing reasons.

we buy life insurance and accidental death insurance like it's a normal thing...which means we understand that life has risks and lots of things can kill us...but we don't stop everything and hide inside because of those things.
Sure, but in reality many of the things that come under that category aren't things we expect to get nor things we can so easily pick up from just about anyone that you get close to.
My wife and I know 3 people that have died from the virus and a few other people that have had it and come out the other side. I don't need nor desire the government to tell me what to do or how to live and they've never had that role in my life.
But I'm not stupid either. When a new virus that we know little about, let alone can effectively control at the moment, rips through countries and kills, in the modern day, the kind of numbers we've been seeing, one has to do every little one can. It's a bit like compression and effects ~ it's the accumulation of 'little' that just may make a big difference in the end. The lockdown is not the be all and end all but it is a possible part of the solution. We'll have the chance to recover economically ~ that's what humans do. We've done it many many times before both in past history and in the modern day. You can't do much when you're dead though and various govts simply weren't willing to risk health games with peoples' lives. I'm glad they weren't.

the tv announcer said "ok I guess everyones making a coronoavirus song..."
Ha ha, even I'm doing one. There again, I did one about Storm Ciarra. Well, I have the music hummed onto a dictaphone and 6 verses written down.
I'm in my mozzarella years or is that my topical phase........:facepalm:

Sure, but in reality many of the things that come under that category aren't things we expect to get nor things we can so easily pick up from just about anyone that you get close to.

But I'm not stupid either.

I was aware of the virus back in January, because I saw news clips about it when it still just in China...but since the fear-n-panic began here back in early March...I have been in "contact" with quite a lot of people. I don't mean the hugs-n-kisses kind, but certainly the typical type of contact required when out in public.
Going to shops, eating...etc....and TBH, I don't see that we can "so easily pick up from just about anyone that you get close to" as you say.

Since the shutdowns...while I've remained at home most of the time, and that only because it's my usual routine, I don't need to go out every day...I've still been out at least once a week to go pick up food, go to the hardware store, or to people's houses because I needed to get something from them.
I've not caught the virus...and all those people I know I've been in contact with, also have not gotten the virus.
Judging by the all the people I've seen at the supermarkets and other places...they're all doing OK too even though they go out, and around here, the virus spread is pretty much non-existent, though yes, in the 2-3 counties there have been cases.

That said...lots of people believe the same thing that you said...that the virus is "so easily pick up from just about anyone that you get close to"...and they live in fear because of that. I've seen people coming out of their houses with masks on...out here in the rural area I live in...as though the virus is just falling out of the sky everywhere. I've seen people drive on the highway, with no immediate turn off...wearing masks with windows shut on a warm sunny day...they too think the virus is like a particle cloud and they have to be fearful of picking up the virus just be breathing in the air.
A good friend of mine was saying she went for a ride the other day to get out of the house..."but kept the windows closed" in her car...??? I told her to open the windows and enjoy the clean air...it's never been fresher in 50-60 years.

I know you are not stupid...but I do think that there is a lot of stupidity out there, and the people who are picking up the virus, are simply being stupid about their own social hygiene. You're not going to pick up the virus just because you're close to someone/anyone. All the 6' social distancing and mask nonsense isn't really necessary in most places. In a closed in urban area that is a known hot spot of virus activity, more caution is needed...but forcing people to wear masks out in rural areas and making them feel that anyone they see, probably has the virus and can pass it to them...is totally nuts...but the fear has been planted, and that's why people arte wearing masks as soon as they step out of their houses...like it's a cloud of virus particles falling everywhere...I bet some even hold their breath until they get to their cars.

Getting ready to go to the hardware store again...and I'll only wear the mask because they won't let you in without one...but frankly, I think it's pretty stupid for the most part. If I was going to a hospital ward where there are sick people...there I would wear a mask...but someone walking a few feet past me is not going to give me the virus just due to the proximity effect. ;)

There is quite a bit of stupidity and lack of questioning. It shows how logic and common sense go out the window when fear has set in.

I’ll give you an example.....The N95 mask.

100% useless in stopping the spread of the virus!

I’ve been wearing one for years for woodworking. It’s designed to block the inhalation of wood dust while enabling the release of CO2.
It does this by incorporating an ‘exhaust flap’ . When ever you exhale it pushes open the flap and you expel your toxic gases.
Now in the case of the virus, droplets containing the virus are expelled and hit someone or land somewhere to be picked up by the next victim.
If you’re wearing this mask and have covid, whenever you sneeze or cough, those droplets are propelled with more force than your normal exhale. The flap opens and the virus is spread as if you had no mask at all.
Yet this was the go to, ‘govt approved’ mask that everyone desired.

Totally ineffective, yet I haven’t heard one person point out the flaw in this mask.

Fear taking over common sense and logic.

There is quite a bit of stupidity and lack of questioning. It shows how logic and common sense go out the window when fear has set in.

I’ll give you an example.....The N95 mask.

100% useless in stopping the spread of the virus!

I’ve been wearing one for years for woodworking. It’s designed to block the inhalation of wood dust while enabling the release of CO2.
It does this by incorporating an ‘exhaust flap’ . When ever you exhale it pushes open the flap and you expel your toxic gases.
Now in the case of the virus, droplets containing the virus are expelled and hit someone or land somewhere to be picked up by the next victim.
If you’re wearing this mask and have covid, whenever you sneeze or cough, those droplets are propelled with more force than your normal exhale. The flap opens and the virus is spread as if you had no mask at all.
Yet this was the go to, ‘govt approved’ mask that everyone desired.

Totally ineffective, yet I haven’t heard one person point out the flaw in this mask.

Fear taking over common sense and logic.

Yes...those type of N95 masks have been mentioned as not for use by people who are already infected, for the reason you state.

That said...there are N95 masks without the exhaust vent...I've used them, and I do see some people wearing them...but man, they are nasty to wear if your trying to do any kind of activity that requires deeper breathing, or if it's really warm out. I mean, you feel like you are suffocating with it on because it's snug. and it makes it harder to breath in, bit then it's just as hard to breath out without the vent...so you get this constant pressure and your face gets all wet from condensation, etc...and you're basically breathing back in some of your own CO2...which doesn't help.

Wen I need a mask for work, I went to the next level, and have the full N95 respirator masks, with the dual filters on each side, plus the exhaust vent...but after awhile, they get a bit tedious to wear because they really strap on your face and at the top of your head...but at least you can breath comfortable with them. The dual side filters allow much more air in, and the large exhaust vent let's you exhale normally...but it's a full nose/mouth rubber cup, that makes a tight seal.
As a matter of fact...tonight I've been wearing one for a few hours now, because I'm using some scrub pads to remove rust off of metal...and I don't want to be sucking in all that rust dust. Heck...I'm more concerned about the rust getting in my lungs than I am about breathing in any virus.
I also have other some similar masks, but they are the P95, which is an even higher rating, used for paint work.

When I go to town, I just take a surgical mask which is not too uncomfortable...and only because now you can't go into any store without out...but I see a lot of people putting them on before they go in, and taking them off as soon as they step out. Most people don't even bother to wear them correctly...under their nose, or down just over their chin...it's for show only, and to fulfill the store requirements.

I see some stores are still practicing the limited attendance...with people having to wait outside in line. :facepalm:
I have NO clue what that is really doing AFA "safety". I mean, you into Home Depot, where you could have a thousand people before it's all full...and there only a hundred allowed now, I believe. Some place only let in 5 people at a time...and then others only one at a time...???
WTF is that?
I mean...if you have 100 people, and only 10 are infected...and you let those 10 in one at a time, or all at once...they will be spreading the same amount of virus...which if they are wearing a mask, is minimal...so it's mostly through touch...and the virus doesn't die off 10 seconds after they walk out...so it's just a lot of BS.
I am amazed at how easy it is for people to accept a lot of nonsense as the order of things, and just do it...because of fear.
I bet if the experts said that if you stood out in the rain naked, it would help wash off the virus...people would do it without question.

Yes...those type of N95 masks have been mentioned as not for use by people who are already infected, for the reason you state.

Ahh, so there was mention of them being ineffective ?

I have a Dr friend that says basically all the masks are pretty useless.

One scary thing is that the government’s are in control of the lockdown and can have it go as long as they feel like based on the numbers.
But that’s an ever changing goal post and the numbers aren’t to be trusted.

Not all N95 have a the flapper design.

The reduce the spread of coughing and sneezing flem germ spray molecules from being released and also entering with the main entrance location is into ones mouth, nose or eyes.

Is it a perfect vehicle, no, but its crazy to think it does nothing.

In Texas things are opening up and some people assume its over and the hospitals are staffing up for a spike in people showing up.
The COVID19 areas of the hospitals are not so much changed at all with no vaccine and some die and some go home and some are in the middle.

Home Depot has a limited amount of people let in, once inside its normal, just less people, some wear masks some don't. I didn't see or hear anyone coughing and sneezing.

WalMart is the worst, its packed and hell....its a germ fest in normal times.

I worked in Class 1 cleanrooms for years, INTEL, TI, etc it was a booming industry until offshoring 90% to China.... I cant say I ever enjoyed it, actually in hindsight I didn't enjoy it at all, it was oppressive and sterile (no pun intended). Until the suits started the American Greed offshoring the US had 85% of HiEnd Technology, now making CPU's and Ram is like making tennis shoes.... but I don't give a ratsss.

Attachments

• N95.png
    N95.png
    519.7 KB · Views: 3
Ahh, so there was mention of them being ineffective ?

Not necessarily ineffective for the healthy to use...but that they should not be used by anyone infected/sick, because the vent allows their germs to be exhaled out of the mask.

In Japan...when people have a cold/flu...they are the ones who put on a mask out of social courtesy so as not to infect others, and TBH, I think that's how everyone should be if they want to be sick, but still go out in public.
However, the quarantining of healthy people and making everyone wear masks to prevent getting sick...is too much. I mean, it's not like we get this wave of illness once every 10 years where people can hide from it until it passes. Germs were around before man...in fact, they may have helped in the evolutionary process that allowed the humane race to emerge.
So we need to accept that, and I still say that the best defense is always going to be the development of natural immunity...letting the body adjust to the germs, the same way the germs are constantly adjusting to their environment. THAT is normal evolution.
I don't buy the vaccine thing as the be all end all...but in the modern world we have come to believe that science and doctors are able to perform miracles and create all kinds of medicines to protect us...which is not the case.
When you look at modern big pharma...and the fact that there are few if any drugs that are 100% effective and without any negative side-effects...so you come to realize that it's all just one big chemistry experiment when it comes to manmade medicine.
There is not a single doctor in the whole world that will ever give you a 100% guarantee. They always leave room for their errors.

So I think they should be looking more at the people who are not getting sick naturally from COVID-19...rather than those that are dying from it.
There may be more answers there, and the realization that so much of why some do and some don't comes down to simple genetics and not much they can do to save everyone....and certainly not by making them stay indoors endlessly or this wearing of masks as some pseudo-prophylactic.

We need a body glove...the condom manufacturers should be able to come up with something....then we'll be sealed and protected 100%. :D
"Hey dickhead" would become a friendly greeting term. :p

In other news....
The governor of New Mexico use the "Riot Control Act" to basically force everyone inside on one town.
That's what liberal, progressive leadership does to "save" you....they take full population control, and you have one person (aka dictator) basically controlling the lives of an entire town or state.
Not sure how we got to accepting that as "normal" in this country...?

Last edited:
More totalitarian nonsense...

So now it appears that in some states, the governors not only decided which types of businesses are essential and non-essential, which has been very puzzling to say the least, when you look at their lists...but in some states they also decided with *items* at those open/essential businesses you can buy when you're in the stores...???

It's like I remember as a kid back in the '60s-'70s when they had these stupid "blue laws", so on a Sunday, if you went into a retail department store, there would be roped off aisles and items that you were not allowed to buy on Sunday, while other items in the store were allowed. They finally got rid of those stupid laws in pretty much all states AFAIK...but now, some have put back in play similar rules no matter what day it is, and you can't buy "non-essential" items even though they are right next to essential items, in the same store...???

WTF?!?!?! :mad: :facepalm:
Who knows what's essential to every living person, that they can make that blanket decision for everyone...???
Why are people putting up with this crap?!
Yeah...liquor stores and pit stores are "essential" in every shutdown state...that was high on the priority list. :rolleyes:

How stupid and dictatorial is this nonsense going to get? I mean...why can't you buy whatever is in the store? How does making some items "non-essential" help in way the virus situation? If you're there buying other things...why not buy whatever the store has available?
Talk about its time for people to really stand up and start expressing their opposition to this Nazi welfare state we are slowly being pushed into, all under the name of "safety".

It's like in that Tom Cruise movie "Knight and Day" where he tells Cameron Diaz that if someone tells you that they are going to do something for your own safety and to protect you...that's when you need to run, because they're really planning to kill you.

The damage inflicted by governments is all ready far greater and more destructive than what the disease could do.
Yet they claim they are ’trying to save us. They’re trying to ‘save lives’
Bullshit. Like any government ever cared about saving lives.
And as to ‘keeping us safe’ No government can keep you safe anyway.

Tyranny is in full force. Maybe not militarily (yet), but it is in full force.
They are showing their hand. Their true colors have been revealed.

Thankfully there are small pockets of resistance. Protests are springing up all over and I’d be willing to bet, there are more than the media is covering. They want to paint them as a small minority of right wing grandma killers.

A friend of mine did an outdoor show in a small beach town community yesterday. 250 people showed up. More than would generally show up. Cops showed up but just asked them to turn down a bit and cease playing by 8 pm. what the hell were they gonna do, arrest everyone?

# independence day....... if the draconian lockdown isn’t lifted and life is back to normal by the 4th, people should just peacefully take back their lives. you can still take precautions to protect yourself. But that’s your decision. Not a royal edict from some tyrant wannabe dictator.

Why have a fake fireworks, beer drinking, BBQ celebrating our ‘independence’ when we’re under house arrest?

Last edited:
Just some footnotes / facts on THE MASK

Firstly we all wear mask metaphorically speaking :laughings:

Not all N95 mask have exhalation valves as Coolcat noted

N95 mask are rated as such because they fit so damn tight on you're face that they reduce 95% of particulates coming in and out.
The N95 mask with the exhalation valve are designed to ease exhalation and decrease humidity, heat and moisture inside the mask.

Ones with the valve still reduce 95% of all particulates coming in...(Good for the person wearing it) but do allow a certain percentage of particulates out ( not good for everybody around someone infected wearing this type of mask) so bottom line the ones with vents are not the best choice for preventing the infected person with spreading the virus.

Since many people infected don't know they have the virus..N95 vents really are not a good choice of masking in this situation period. but they do keep the user safe and probably reduce a little of that person's exhalation droplets.

That said wearing mask of any sort including even a bandanna is the responsible prudent thing to do in these virulent times for your's and others safety. By doing so you are both reducing your droplets from the air you exhale and the ones floating around from others ewwwwww!:eek: expotentially reducing the spread of Covid-19..

As Dr. Ruth would have said if she were still alive.... wear a mask, wash your hands and have good life!

Mask 101 John Hopkins

A pretty honest article discussing mask 101 as of today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back