Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: My Corona

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by miroslav View Post
    need to be more educated and more focused about something as simple as washing of hands before touching your face....or just washing more regularly.
    tell it to China....they seem to be a great producer of these virus's...and the animal disease eating in squalor. (or is it military germ labs)...but whatever.

The "Dont Do Nothing" side, and "everyones stupid" cheer-leading, has always been present. Many didnt want to get involved in WW2 either, its all the same opinion banter and justifiable as anyone else.

I guess for now our current Government and Medical Experts are leaning toward Self Quarantine, maybe its all an ignorant waste of time?

The elbow thing, yeah....Ill pass on that too.

if it's not happening in the room, it ain't gonna happen on tape.-H.Gerst

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
    tell it to China....they seem to be a great producer of these virus's...and the animal disease eating in squalor. (or is it military germ labs)...but whatever.

The "Dont Do Nothing" side, and "everyones stupid" cheer-leading, has always been present. Many didnt want to get involved in WW2 either, its all the same opinion banter and justifiable as anyone else.

I guess for now our current Government and Medical Experts are leaning toward Self Quarantine, maybe its all an ignorant waste of time?

The elbow thing, yeah....Ill pass on that too.
    I've been saying it for awhile now in other conversations...China needs to be held accountable on some level. This is not the first nasty virus out of China due to how they eat and interact with wild animals. So the whole world is paying the price in both health and economic losses.

AFA the various governments telling us what to do...they use the same brain trusts like they did back in the '50s when they told people to "duck, roll and cover" or told school kids to hide under their desks in the event of an atomic blast.
    Don't think for a second that they didn't know that was a total waste of time......but they needed something easy that they could sell to the masses.

So today, we're told to "hide in place" to avoid the virus.
    Meanwhile...in NY, Cuomo was told by a NY Task Force in 2015 that their guidelines for ventilators in the even of a pandemic showed NY would need about 16,000 units. Did he get them...?...no. Back then it seemed like a waste of money. Now he wishes he had.
    There was no plan for any serious epidemic or pandemic...not local, not state, not nationwide. Not now, not in the past.
    Everyone is trying to be proactive, and everyone wants to be right...to be the leader who made the right decisions...but it's so unpredictable what this virus will do, even the scientist don't know for sure....so to make us all "feel" safer...the best they got is "hide in place" until we think it's safe to tell you to come out.

Remember in World War Z...when Brad Pitt says that staying in one place is death, and moviment is life (or something like that).
    TBH...if we did have a true zombie war...I would bet any amount of money that the governments would tell us exactly that...to stay inside and avoid going out...why?...because there is no other plan in place....duck, roll and cover.

Thanks
    See...that's the thing, no matter how much we "hide in place"...we still need to go out for bare necessities. So then, why the need to completely shut everything down if people still need to move about.
    Come on Miro you're smarter than that... it's simple math / numbers. The more we go out, the more we interact with other humans so by reducing the amount of interaction we reduce and slow down the spread. Like old Jack LaLane said about getting up at 5 in the morning to work out..."You think I like getting up at 5 in the morning every day to work out? I hate it! But it's the results that drive me"...Same goes for keeping our asses in our homes and shutting down non essential business's ( LIKE GUITAR CENTER WTF!) We all hate it but baby the results are worth it for those that may never know that their ass or one of their friends or loved ones asses was saved by the sacrifices and minor inconveniences we as a society have deemed necessary to slow the spread of this shit down. SUBMISS AND OBEY MIRO!
    Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thanks
    I've been saying it for awhile now in other conversations...China needs to be held accountable on some level. This is not the first nasty virus out of China due to how they eat and interact with wild animals.
    Brother I encourage you to read this article for a better informed understanding of this topic
    Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TAE View Post
    Come on Miro you're smarter than that... it's simple math / numbers.
    Well...you're smarter than that too.
    My point is...you're NOT staying in, are you?
    You still went out shopping...so how do you know you or someone else at Costco/Sam's Club wasn't spreading the virus?
    Where they testing everyone that came into the store or that worked there...?....No.
    Somehow that, and all the rest of the "essential" people that are still moving about...is acceptable.

Today Trump said there is a possibility about putting some areas of NY under quarantine...and Cuomo replied he didn't think you could do that.
    So my point is that our hide-in-place approach is not like a true quarantine, where you know 100% you are mitigating the spread.

They should have quarantined NYC...but like 2-3 weeks back, as soon as they saw it start to spread...since that was the point of origin for most of the NE spread...but Cuomo balked at that idea. It's kinda all too late now.

Anyway, I'm waiting to see the numbers from Sweden, with their more relaxed approach...and now it looks like Brazil is going to do the same, and even more relaxed, since their president feels this is not worse than the common flu. I have no idea if their hospitals are overrun with sick people or what, but that's the direction they are going in. Then you have the country in Africa - Malawi, and they have zero cases in their country, but their president has everything locked down, not just their ports of entry. Kinda overkill.

If we knew that this virus was like a wave, and we just needed to hunker down inside for Xdays until it passed, and then it was all over, that would be one thing...but this will most likely be around months and months...so the odds of it spreading are not going to be mitigated by any shutdown that don't run into next winter, which is pretty much not going to happen...and even if we stayed shutdown until then...we would most likely see another wave of some flu-type virus next season, and then how do we react to that...or worse, if it's a COVID-19 mutation, which means what...more shutdown.

It's still too early to really tell, it's only a week or two now...but let's give it another couple of week or even a month, and then see how people feel about it.

Thanks
    There are a effin trillion billion billion unknown viruses that are living in our oceans this very second. Constantly mutating, multiplying, making new ways to invade, populate and multiply. NOBODY, including our forum brother Miro wants people to get sick or worse. That does not mean that it isn't also human nature to point out the fact that no matter how hard we try, something is going to get every single one of us no matter how we defend ourselves from every bad thing.

Insurance does not prevent accidents, IOW it does not actually "insure" that something won't happen. Prevention, by the rules inherent of the physical world we live, is not an absolute, but rather a constantly moving target. It is only human hubris that allows us to even consider the idea that we can "prevent" something from happening.

The idea that we can "isolate" our selves from the natural world is something only a human could come up with but the fact is no animal(yes we are animals) can exist without an ecosystem and that fact makes all animals and life itself, inherently susceptible to random and unpredictable events.

In a perfect world there are always enough ventilators, vaccines, anti virals, doctors and hospital beds. We don't live in that world, we live in a world that will take a life or wipe out a whole species without a thought or a blink and to think differently , while human, is IMHO myopic and a bit disingenuous. Living in fear is not IMO the answer.

We are all doing the best we can and that's all we can do , but I am not convinced that finger pointing and blaming/shaming is anything more than peoples fears manifesting into anti social and un-helpful dogma.

Anyway i hope you are all well, carry on
    Win 7 Ult Dell i7 4core 6700ghz 32 GB, 1,2x2, 4 Tb Barracuda HD's running Pro tools 2019 through Allen&Heath Qu-32

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gtoboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That's right...my views don't suggest that it's OK to just let people get sick and die...but rather that it's not something we are in any real control of with this virus.
    It will run its course, and the most healthcare is doing is making them more comfortable...but each person fights their own battle, and most are winning because their immune system and health were in good shape before the virus infected them.

Kind makes you wonder how we all survived this long as a species if something like this is causing so much fear and panic.

Anyway...it looks like the last three days things are starting to plateau in the USA....but we'll know better over the next several days.

Thanks
    Anyway...it looks like the last three days things are starting to plateau in the USA....but we'll know better over the next several days.
    A claim that's seems somewhat heroic based on the graph of daily cases in here:

United States Coronavirus: 123,781 Cases and 2,229 Deaths - Worldometer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko zzed View Post
    A claim that's seems somewhat heroic based on the graph of daily cases in here:

United States Coronavirus: 123,781 Cases and 2,229 Deaths - Worldometer

How are things where you are at? Not much news about many places except Europe, US and China.
    DM60 Tunes: The Collection

Thanks
    It's difficult to say. We seem to be doing comparatively ok, mainly, I think, because of our low population density and geographic separation.

However, air travel and cruise ships have been troublesome. Interstate travel is banned, as are a whole heap of other things, such as public gatherings, restaurants, bars etc where people congregate.

Here are Australia's daily cases:

Australia Coronavirus: 3,969 Cases and 16 Deaths - Worldometer

Thread Information