Music making and recording - post virus...?

Yeah...that's what scares me way more than the virus.
I already see it with some people...everyone nervous about getting too close, watching what the other people touch so they can avoid it...and that's all going to be burned into most people's minds, the need to feel endlessly "safe".
Meanwhile, we take countless other risks every day, both at home and the minute we step outside the door...and the things that can really kill us in large numbers have been around for years...but we still survive without paying too much attention to them.

My buddy from CA says we'll all be wearing some sort of "body glove" with a respirator in the not too distant future, so we can "safely" go out in public. :D

All the stuff they are telling us to do is so very much like the "duck, roll and cover" advice back in the '50s. :D

Ah the lovely air raid drills every few months or so....

LOL they had us get under our freekin desk like that was going to help :listeningmusic:

As someone who's wife is a nurse on the front lines... I find these conspiracy theories really upsetting. The entire hospital here, which is usually full of surgery patients, is now entirely made up of COVID-19 patients, many of whom are on respirators hoping to stay alive. This isn't some make believe TV drama. Does someone you know have to die for it to become real in your eyes? Man...

As someone who's wife is a nurse on the front lines... I find these conspiracy theories really upsetting. The entire hospital here, which is usually full of surgery patients, is now entirely made up of COVID-19 patients, many of whom are on respirators hoping to stay alive. This isn't some make believe TV drama. Does someone you know have to die for it to become real in your eyes? Man...

Oh please...this stuff is being pounded 24/7 by all the media...do you believe anyone thinks it's not really happening...???
I don't think anyone here has denied what is happening...but there are views about why, how, when, etc...and discussing them has no impact on what is happening.

There are many questions that need to asked and answered. The FBI is already checking some things that a week ago were considered conspiracy theory...so we need to look beyond just what is happening at the front lines. If people only focus on the fear and panic and their upset, many questions will go unanswered.

Much thanks to your wife and all her colleagues for the hard work they are doing.

Last edited:
Oh please...this stuff is being pounded 24/7 by all the media...do you believe anyone thinks it's not really happening...???

Do you look at the news? Florida still won't issue a stay-at-home notice. Their beaches still have tons of people on them not keeping safe distances. Then you've got the various T-rump-aholics who believed his initial 'no big deal' statements - I've seen their posts on Facebook as recently as a few days ago. And the religious leaders keeping their churches open for services.

I've been making a healthy part of my living from live music for a long time. I don't know that live music situations are going to return to exactly the same way as before...and if they do, it's gonna be a few months. Like many, I'm gonna have to get creative online with video, live streaming, and whatever else doesn't involve a little fat guy stripping on his website cam.

Do you look at the news? Florida still won't issue a stay-at-home notice. Their beaches still have tons of people on them not keeping safe distances. Then you've got the various T-rump-aholics who believed his initial 'no big deal' statements - I've seen their posts on Facebook as recently as a few days ago. And the religious leaders keeping their churches open for services.

That's a different thing....it's got nothing to do with not believing it's happening.

The difference is...that yes, we have a virus pandemic going on...no, it's not going to be the end of life because of it.

330,000,000 people in the USA....190,000 infected...22,000 hospitalized in USA...7,000 recovered...4,000 deaths.

CDC estimates that during the 2018–2019 influenza season there were:
35.5 million illnesses
more than 16.5 million medical visits
490,600 hospitalizations
34,200 deaths

Did you stay at home during the 2018-2019 flu season to avoid the spread? Did you practice extreme social distancing? Did we shut down the economy?

CDC estimates for 2019-2020:
400,000 – 730,000 flu hospitalizations
24,000 – 62,000 flu deaths

More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways. The U.S. traffic fatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants. An additional 4.4 million are injured seriously enough to require medical attention.

Do you stay at home and avoid driving...?

The point being...the COVID-19 virus is real and happening...but the reaction is a gross overreaction, and already the doctors and scientists are realizing that even with the shutdowns, it's not making much difference. The CDC is also constantly changing it's recommendations and perspective...because they too don't quite know which is the right approach. Now they think wearing masks might be the thing...after everyone told us to stop wearing them.

Yeah....and no shortage of paranoia on both ends of the issue. Big Brother is on the way.........and........I'm gonna die due to the stupid people.

Yeah, the "Big Brother" thing sounds extreme, and probably is for now...but just as of yesterday there was a news clip that said some "advisers" were suggesting that the US government go to full security monitoring of everyone...thankfully, Trump said he didn't think we needed to go there...but hey, he said they will look at it.
As I mentioned already...in Canada, Trudeau was already calling for the same thing...and in some other countries, they are already doing it.

So...you get enough people living in fear and panic, and wanting to feel safe, and wanting the government to use all measures to protect them...
...and then you add to that a misguided government with leadership that is eager to implement full population control measures for many reasons...
...and how long before we are living in a Big Brother world...?

It's not all that far fetched...and right now, we have the fear and panic, and people who are already thinking about surveillance and population control.

Still, though, lots of people believe nothing's happening.

Mmm...maybe, in parts of the world where they don't see the 24/7 news coverage...or remote villages that already live in relative isolation...
...but otherwise, I think more people are in disbelief about the overreaction, than some completely denying there is a virus issue going around.

Where are you seeing that people believe "nothing" is happening?

That's a different thing....it's got nothing to do with not believing it's happening.

The difference is...that yes, we have a virus pandemic going on...no, it's not going to be the end of life because of it.

330,000,000 people in the USA....190,000 infected...22,000 hospitalized in USA...7,000 recovered...4,000 deaths.

CDC estimates that during the 2018–2019 influenza season there were:
35.5 million illnesses
more than 16.5 million medical visits
490,600 hospitalizations
34,200 deaths

Did you stay at home during the 2018-2019 flu season to avoid the spread? Did you practice extreme social distancing? Did we shut down the economy?

CDC estimates for 2019-2020:
400,000 – 730,000 flu hospitalizations
24,000 – 62,000 flu deaths

More than 38,000 people die every year in crashes on U.S. roadways. The U.S. traffic fatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants. An additional 4.4 million are injured seriously enough to require medical attention.

Do you stay at home and avoid driving...?

The point being...the COVID-19 virus is real and happening...but the reaction is a gross overreaction, and already the doctors and scientists are realizing that even with the shutdowns, it's not making much difference. The CDC is also constantly changing it's recommendations and perspective...because they too don't quite know which is the right approach. Now they think wearing masks might be the thing...after everyone told us to stop wearing them.

Bingo!!! Ding, ding, ding!

Mmm...maybe, in parts of the world where they don't see the 24/7 news coverage...or remote villages that already live in relative isolation...
...but otherwise, I think more people are in disbelief about the overreaction, than some completely denying there is a virus issue going around.

Where are you seeing that people believe "nothing" is happening?

Yeah, I was thinking of some tribe in the Amazon. You got me.
Forget it.

Let's make a date a year from now when all of us can post a thread and comment. We'll be able to see what happened and what the world is like "after COVID-19". Did big brother arrive for good? Was this really just like a flu season? How many died? Has a vaccine been developed? Is the economy ok? Just using one year as a marker. Pick another time if you want to.

The angry paranoid and the fearful paranoid on both sides never seem to show up when the reality (whatever it will be) becomes stark and undeniable. Ironically..........the paranoid....of both types.....are the very people who can never be wrong........can't admit that others had a point.......and seem to have be angry when facts dispute their opinions......or are just angry as a rule.

Just my 2 cents. I'm ok if you hate it. That's your right. I wouldn't have posted this if I thought any of you couldn't handle it or if I had no respect for you guys.

Good point Miroslav!

I think if they emphasize research and not missiles to a major extent that they will come up with a good vaccine and we can resume activities almost as before. They say it will take a year with vaccine trials etc. I think once they also understand the virus better and where it came from and take precautions not to repeat the same mistakes things will return very well. The economic damage in job markets and general world economic systems will take much longer to recover. There's also the spiritual and psychological set-backs, impact... etc after so many die that we must recover from too. I think of the crowded parts of the world, the vast slums, the huge refugee camps from various wars, the homeless... they all receive things last, and secondary diseases caught by people with weakened immune systems from the virus etc. There's over 4 million homeless in the USA alone! There is the thought that in reality their suffering is ours too. That's my amateur point of view.

Last edited:
The fact that ya'll are still comparing it to the flu is the problem... during flu season the hospitals are not over run with people suffering from the flu... the numbers are no where near each other... Flu: "Symptoms usually appear from one to four days after exposure to the virus, and they last five to seven days" a person is typically contagious for 24 hours prior to symptoms appearing through the time that they are sick from 5-7 days... so say 8 days. Less than 0.1% die. Notice the "." that's point 1% not 1%... not 1 out of 100 people... 1 out of 1000 people. For every one person with the flu you can expect them to infect 1 other person. COVID-19 on the other hand "People may be sick with the virus for 1 to 14 days before developing symptoms." All the while being contagious the entire time as far as we can tell. Not to mention that when symptoms do appear, "recovery for mild cases is approximately 2 weeks and is 3-6 weeks for patients with severe or critical disease." All the while being contagious... You can expect the average person infected with COVID-19 to infect at least 4 other people... with a death rate hovering around 3%, not 0.3%, 3 out of 100 people. If you still think that the Flu and COVID-19 are comparable, go into a room with 33 people and one of them is dead based on the numbers. They are not even in the same ballpark. Do the math. Hospitals being over run with COVID-19 cases means that 3% rate would possibly go up as we don't have enough equipment to save everyone that may otherwise be savable. How old are you guys? You realize that in places that will be overrun they're going to have to pick and choose who gets treatment/ventilators? There will be an age cut-off. I hope you're not on the wrong side of that cut-off should it happen near you.

... with a death rate hovering around 3%.

Nope...that's not accurate. Right now in the USA it's just up to 2%, with that being the partly due to the anticipated spike that was expected this and next week.

Overall...the flu infected substantially more people last season and this season...there was total way more deaths.
The main difference, is that it's not spread as quickly as COVID-19.

Bottom line...if we keep talking about "saving people"....which I'm understanding to mean, saving them from dying...why is there no outcry with the flu, when so many more die each year...making it more deadlier overall...?
Heck, if you look at the numbers I posted earlier in this thread...the seasonal flu cause a much greater total strain on healthcare services and other aspects of life...it's just stretched out across several months. Yet there is no fear and panic over that...no real cause for concern.

So this is about the strain its put on hospitals in urban areas...that's the issue. If COVID-19 infected as many and killed as many...but it was stretched out over several months...no one would pay any attention to it, just like with the common flu.
I get though...your wife is a nurse, so you're only going to see it from that perspective...the rapid strain on the healthcare systems...but you seem to ignore the total strain the common flu puts on it.

I'm using logic and the numbers provided by the CDC to make decisions and come to conclusions...not fear and panic.

Yeah, I was thinking of some tribe in the Amazon. You got me.
Forget it.

I have no idea who you were thinking about other than..."some people"?
OK, go it...and forgot it.

I mentioned in the other Corona thread, how on this forum people were at least willing to discuss the virus thing without hostility.
Maybe I said that too soon...we'll see. There's a lot of anger starting to brew out there...driven by the fear and panic.
Some Facebook exchanges have gone rabid...lots of acting like life on this planet is going to end from this virus unless everyone stays home.

Back