Moving..

LOL - that's not expensive! (I've deduced via Google that Hill Country = Hillsboro-ish?)

The 58 sq m (multiply by 10 for sq ft) one bedroom one bathroom apartment across the hallway from me is on the market for $720,000 - and people are inspecting it and having serious conversations... it won't get that, but it'll get close. THAT'S expensive...

#cue Aussie dollar jokes, but it's still half a mill in $US.:eek:

We live in a 60 sqMtr (645 sq ft) apartment that cost a little over AU$500,000 = US$358,000 My studio which is 10 mins drive from the apartment in an industrial area cost AU$300,000 = US$315,000, we decided to have an apartment and the studio instead of a big house (worth about the 2 buildings added together) as the studio building is a tax write off and a good future investment, I also sub lease part of the building which helps cover . Also I had the studio and house in one for 10 years and got tied of people turning up at the door day and night to talk about recording without ringing first, and the fact I never seemed to be away from the studio for a break.

Alan.

I just spent 1-hour on the phone having my internet service transferred to my new address... and I won't know if it's really going to happen until I can hook everything up this weekend. Then they're going to send a tech out just to make sure it all works as promised. What a nightmare.

You've seen cartoons of thermometers with bulging red bulbs at the top that burst..? OK, that's me.

I'm || this close to having them disconnect my service.

Man, u got to get an insider. Find someone who knows someone, it's the only way to get decent service. Got to have someone who can give you "the hook up";)

All moved in.. WHEW! Damn this moving crap! :cursing:

I thought I was gonna have to rent me a U-Haul cargo van (smallest van), but I managed to fire up a couple reserve brain cells
and hit on another solution. I moved everything in my four-door sedan (no large furniture) - took about 12 trips.. but it's done.

As mentioned before, I moved from an efficiency to a one-bedroom. Now I have an extra 132 SF to work with.. an extra 192 SF if you count
the large, adjacent bathroom, which is 11ft L x 5.5ft W x 8ft H - and I intend to use this bathroom as my isolation room when micing anything.
The neighborhood I'm now in is much noisier due to a concrete divided highway being less than 100ft from all my windows - the bathroom is on
the opposite wall and can be closed off quite nicely. Both it's doors have sufficient gaps beneath them to allow for instrument cables :guitar::D

All I gotta do now is wait for my guitars to come out of warp drive - being moved from 78F to 140F (in car) to 75F (new Apt).

alright! get er dun.... made me think of Les Paul recording in the bathroom....kitchen...anywhere...he was like the founder of Home Recording. great storys and recordings in his house.

Back