Movies about the business

Well....It looks like we are in for an "interesting and informative" Beatles documentary. Sometime in 2021 time...maybe
But this is good enough for now...me likey!

I love things like this!!!

I'll be a watchin!

Thanks for the post!

Oh this is going to be good...

OK again I'm kind of outta touch with things and didn't really realize what a bad ass Rick Rubin was until recently. So I google him and look what that knuckle head is up to...In my early Beatle music study I was definitely more a McCartney fan. As I matured and learned more from the out take tapes I started to really appreciate Lennon's genius too. But the melodic magic of McCartney will always hold a special place in my heart... Looking forward to this.

Here's a link to the article

Pretty cool. Is that going to be a full length documentary?

Just to bring a bit of sunshine to the thread :D........

I can honestly say that the ONLY Beatles song I have absolutely no use for is Come Together. Sure, when I was a kid the seemingly meaningless lyrics were of interest....."John Lennon, man, this is some deep shit." Yeah yeah, I get it, it's word play and isn't supposed to make sense. "One and one and one is three", repetition word play similar the "Please please me", which I do kind of dig. I don't really know what it is about the song, but it gets on my wick.

Anyway, carry on.

Last edited:
Walk Hard

I suppose it depends on the sensitivity of your funny bone, but I found it hilarious. It's not a spoiler to say it follows the life of Dewey Cox, who proclaims "I gotta be me, I gotta do it my way" while spending an entire career morphing into artists of which we are all familiar. Starts from a parallel to Elvis having a twin brother who died, and Dewey's dad bitterly saying "the wrong one died". The trailer doesn't really do it justice.

"Mailboxes drip like lampposts in the twisted birth canal of the colloseum. Rimjob fairy teapots mask the temper tantrum oh say can you see um."

:laughings:

Last edited:
Pretty cool. Is that going to be a full length documentary?

Just to bring a bit of sunshine to the thread :D........

I can honestly say that the ONLY Beatles song I have absolutely no use for is Come Together. Sure, when I was a kid the seemingly meaningless lyrics were of interest....."John Lennon, man, this is some deep shit." Yeah yeah, I get it, it's word play and isn't supposed to make sense. "One and one and one is three", repetition word play similar the "Please please me", which I do kind of dig. I don't really know what it is about the song, but it gets on my wick.

Anyway, carry on.

That's why there's Fords n Chevies and the ever so often Yugo

The lyrics aside...which don't really bother me ..an effort to be weird n whacky as John really enjoyed being as per the book "in his own write"...I mean Liddy Pool seriously....No flies on Frank? Love that whacky shit.... The drums are so cool, the song is so cool and Billy Preston on the Rhodes 73..Love me some Billy Preston...I have a fun "I met Billy Preston" story for another time...unfricking believable but oh so sadly true.

Is that going to be a full length documentary?

Yes but in 6 parts as a series..

From the headline of the article I linked above and now HERE

Paul McCartney, Rick Rubin Teaming On 6-Part Docuseries; First Time Original Masters Have Left Abbey Road Studio

The lyrics aside...which don't really bother me ..an effort to be weird n whacky as John really enjoyed being as per the book "in his own write"...I mean Liddy Pool seriously....No flies on Frank? Love that whacky shit.... The drums are so cool, the song is so cool and Billy Preston on the Rhodes 73..Love me some Billy Preston...I have a fun "I met Billy Preston" story for another time...unfricking believable but oh so sadly true.

I'm not completely following. Frank? If you see Frank tell him I want my fucking albums back!

I think I heard something about Billy Preston getting busted on kiddie **** or something?

Of course it's all subjective, but even the music in Come Together sucks. The only cool part is coming out of the lead break, courtesy in part to Paul.

Speaking of, is it just me or is it kind of annoying when you see people interview Paul and they request his commentary from The Beatles catalogue that are John rather than himself. It becomes a bit awkward when Paul has to point out, "Well, that was John".

My favorite juxtaposition Paul/John lyrics, "It's getting better all the time/Couldn't get much worse". And in the same song, John's "I used to be cruel to my woman and beat her and kept her away from the things that she loved. Man I was mean but i'm changing my scene and doing the best that I can." I still love the guy, but John could kind of be a prick. But, sheesh, that guy could sure lay himself bare for the sake of a song. So sad that he had apparently sorted things out for himself and was murdered the way he was.

I'm not completely following. Frank? If you see Frank tell him I want my fucking albums back!

I think I heard something about Billy Preston getting busted on kiddie **** or something?

Nah Billy was a good ol boy....he did not touch me in any inappropriate way ...though we did shake hands

Here's the full no Flies on Frank story to illustrate how John's whacky mind works...this is one of his stories in the book he wrote...
"In his own write"

No Flies on Frank

There were no flies on Frank that morning - after all why not? He was a responsible citizen with a wife and child, wasn't he? It was a typical Frank morning and with an agility that defies description he leapt into the barthroom onto the scales. To his great harold he discovered he was twelve inches more tall heavy! He couldn't believe it and his blood raised to his head causing a mighty red colouring.

'I carn't not believe this incredible fact of truth about my very body which has not gained fat since mother begat me at childburn. Yea, though I wart through the valet of thy shadowy hut I will feed no norman. What grate qualmsy hath taken me thus into such a fatty hardbuckle.'

Again Frank looked down at the awful vision which clouded his eyes with a fearful weight. 'Twelve inches more heavy, Lo!, but I am not more fatty than my brother Geoffrey whose father Alec came from Kenneth - through Leslies, who begat Arthur, son of Eric, by the house of Ronald and April - keepers of James of Newcastle who ran Madeline at 2-1 by Silver Flower, (10-2) past Wot-ro-Wot at 4/3rd a pound?'

He journeyed downstairs crestfalled and defective - a great wait on his boulders - not even his wife's battered face could raise a smile on poor Frank's head - who as you know had no flies on him. His wife, a former beauty queer, regarded him with a strange but burly look.

'What ails thee, Frank?', she asked, stretching her prune, 'You look dejected if not informal,' she addled.

'Tis nothing but wart I have gained but twelve inches more tall heavy than at the very clock of yesterday at this time - am I not the most miserable of men? Suffer ye not to spake to me or I might thrust you a mortal injury; I must traddle this trial alone.'

'Lo! Frank - thou hast smote me harshly with such a grave talk - am I to blame for this vast burden?'

Frank looked sadly at his wife - forgetting for a moment the cause of his misery. Walking slowly but slowly toward her, he took his head in his hands and with a few swift blows had clubbed her mercifully to the ground dead. 'She shouldn't see me like this,' he mumbled, 'not all fat and on her thirty second birthday.'

Frank had to get his own breakfast that morning and also on the following mornings.

Two, (or was it three?) weeks later Frank awake again to find that there were still no flies on him.

'No flies on this Frank boy,' he thought; but to his amazement there seemed to be a lot of flies on his wife - who was still lying about the kitchen floor.

'I carn't not partake of bread and that with her lying about the place,' he thought allowed, writing as he spoke. 'I must deliver her to her home whore she will be made welcome.'

He gathered her in a small sack (for she was only four foot three) and headed for her rightful home. Frank knocked on the door of his wife's mothers house. She opened the door.

'I've brought Marian home, Mrs. Sutherskill' (he could never call her Mum). He opened the sack and placed Marian on the doorstep.

'I'm not having all those flies in my home,' shouted Mrs. Sutherskill (who was very houseproud), shutting the door. 'She could have at least offered me a cup of tea,' thought Frank lifting the problem back on his boulders.

Real or fiction here? Obviously plenty of documentaries out there I won't name (probably a thread here somewhere - certainly a google away).

I liked The Commitments - fictional, but I like that kind of music and it's got that gritty Irish thing going, plus (reading about it later) the way the band was put together for the movie and IIRC the guitar player actually learned to play made it interesting.

There have been others, but that one pops into my head right now.

Sorry Tae. I'm not trying to be argumentative with you, brother. Just shooting the shit, as they say.

Maybe a little bored, i've taken time off from work until after the New Year. So barring a bant, i'll be here all week! :D

:thumbs up:

So there's a movie called "Gimme some truth" which documents Lennon making the Imagine album

You can buy it on Amazon or if you wanna watch it for FREE go HERE The guy has it up on U-TUBE in 7 parts..

Part 1 below...Many I love Nicky Hopkins..and after watching I guess I'm a little more annoyed by Yoko's influence over John and how he would do shit she asked musically just to appease her knowing it was ass... Least that's how I see it...

I'm surprised nobody mentioned two obvious examples.

Sound City and The Wrecking Crew. Both are documentaries, and both are EXCELLENT.

Back