Merry Christmas to all you Home wreckers!

That was a polite way of saying I do not wish to be hounded and dragged into an extended back and forth
The approach I take on public forums is that I am undraggable and unhoundable. Therefore, if I'm engaged in a back and forth, however raging it may seem, it's because I choose to be. There are zillions of things I don't say and tons of threads I don't get into....because I choose not to. But if I do state something, its fair game to be replied to or commented on.

It would appear we are not all on the same page. We could ask Miroslav's opinion, except......well, you know.

Perhaps if the above post was addressed to someone other than myself we could avoid this 30 day ban business?

Clever.

Some people enjoy discussions and some people ruin them.
You generally can't have both types at the same time.

I tend to agree.

I think the context here may have gotten skewed...

I love when grim separates his conversation into sections to be accurate and reply directly to each comment/quote in a open discussion manner.

When Miro did it, he would tend to just point his focus on one person with the goal of being the right fighter for his own ideals. Then others open threads were taken over with his personal opinion that seemed to be the only one possible. Not really an open discussion but the world according to him. There is likely the cause that he received a time out after warnings. Just my opinion based upon the limited facts I know.

That being said, he is a big part of this community. He seems to have decided not to come back for whatever reasons that are hiss own.

Just to be clear, he isn't on time out anymore. Hasn't been for a while...

I wonder if they were connected with "Ruby in the dust." I think that was an eating house here in London. I always thought it would a great name for a band or even better, a song.

Ruby in the Dust is the place (I confuse words), as long as it's out of business. Unless it opened, closed and reopened. Did you ever eat there? The meal was good. The dessert was truly divine.

The thing I found strange in London was after a certain hour the only places to eat were Indian restaurants. I felt like I was home. I like to eat the local country food. I won't eat at food chains like McDonald's or Burger King. I remember having a great fish and chips wrapped in real paper in a hole in the wall near Earl's Court. PIE AND MASH was a wonderful experience. It had the woman behind the counter slapping on a pile of mashed potatoes and some beef type substance on top. It was delicious. They had boiled eel floating in water, it didn't look tempting. I've had eel sushi style and didn't like it.

I will say that Irish beef has a completely different taste than US beef. It must be what they feed the cow. I think it's better than US beef. But, I've had US beef almost 60 years, where I only had Irish beef a total of three weeks. So, it might just be it was something new.

Eating something new is one of the best things about traveling. If there's something I like or something new, I'll always go with new.

I had no idea Oysters were another food banned from Jewish life. I'm not gonna lie, what a horrible existence to have things like Bacon and Oysters and to not be able to eat them, in hopes of getting to some after life. I'm more than ready to burn in hell for all the pigs and shell fish I've eaten over the years. Of course there's a thousand other reasons I'll be hot for eternity, many of those I'm taking to the grave.

I've heard it said from various people in various ways in reference to pork, essentially, "I'm not eating an animal that doesn't have enough sense to not wallow in its own poop." I mean, I kind of get it. If I had never had pork and was only introduced to it as an adult who could make my own decisions, who knows. But bacon? Once you've had it it's too late. It's like food crack. Bacon wrapped scallops, forget about it. One of my favorites that I will cook on semi rare occasions, Carnitas. Basically a confit, chunks of fatty pork shoulder meat cooked in its own fat. I don't have access to good lard, or can't be bothered, so I just use canola oil and the fat rendered as the pork cooks. I tend to keep it simple, not totally "authentic". I little added salt, squeeze half an orange, and possibly a splash of whole milk. Leave the lid off of the pot to avoid stewing. In fact I at some point throughout the cooking time remove the pork, bring the temperature up to reduce and steam off the liquid, and return the pork to simmer in the fat. Cook the meat until it is a little crispy on the outside, but fall apart tender on the inside. It's fucking delicious, sinfully so. Kind of bacony.

This was a conversation I had with my wife at the beginning of the pandemic, when everything was first shutdown.

Wife: I'm going to the store, do you need anything?
Me: You're going to the store, are you crazy?
Wife: Do you need anything? <perturbly spoken>
Me: Wh-wh-why are you going to the store?
Wife: I have to return a pair of shoes.
Me: You're going out there to return a pair of shoes?
Wife: <pissed off, now> Do you need anything or not?
Me: Well, if you're going to risk your life, then yeah. Bacon!!!

I've actually heard people say, "I don't eat pork, (with voice volume slightly lowered) except for bacon". What are you gonna do, it's gotta be in the top ten of good eats. Pork fat in general is awesome. It kind of makes you pity those who won't/can't eat pork.

I bit of a rabbit hole,....

My elderly (oldest) aunt was recently working outdoors in her garden when she was bitten by a tick. I had heard about it but have never personally known of anyone who got it....there's a disease that you can get from a tick bite where basically you can't eat anything with a hoof or you will have a possibly deadly allergic reaction. My aunt got the disease, she is about 80 years old. I was talking to my Mom, she, that aunt and another aunt, they made a rare outing given the pandemic to eat. The other aunt was looking at the menu, Pizza. "Hm, pepperoni, sausage..." My mom, "Well ____ can't eat those things." My oldest Aunt, " No, that's what I want." While I certainly would not like to see anything happen to my aunt, I admire that spirit. It has parallels to this pandemic thing, I reckon....what're we going to do, waste our lives away not dying. Life is for living.

I don't know. Of course there's the flip side. As Josey Wales once said, "Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

As Charlie Snead once said, "This here is a messed up sicheeation".

Wow...I got bit by a tick 45 years ago at 22...Thought nothing of it till two days later when my left eye started to twitch...mentioned it to my Mom who said.."oh that happens to me sometimes" And then the next morning I wake up and go in the bathroom to brush the pearly whites and half my face is paralyzed :eek: :wtf:

That was not cool for 22 year old long haired hippie type rock star wanna be... 3 months of that shit before I got my face back @ 95% scary shit... we didn't know about Lymes disease then but 20+ later I got tested and they said I didn't have it, just very rare tick paralysis....lucky me...

Back