Merry Christmas to all you Home wreckers!

TAE

All you have is now
So...... I finally figured out how to get that usb mixer to provide a live stereo audio feed to my iPhone...It was a rush rush put up some kind of a backdrop and press record...two goes at it ..a few clams, not exactly what I was shooting for but good enough for the girls I dance with....just wanted to get a version of this out before Christmas or I'd have to flog myself for analysis paralysis / fear of pressing the record button.....

A little later yesterday ...it was frosting sugar cookies with the grand kids......what a life!my kids.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice rendition, Tom. Merry Christmas to you and all of your family. And here's lookin towards a promising and healthy New Year. You dig?

Cheers.

Nice!! Thanks for sharing that one. Best wished to you and your family, Tom.

peace.

Reactions: TAE
Thanks brutha's .. Don't let all those dark clouds floating about during these weird times fool ya...Tis the season for billions of people all around the world to spread some love, hugs and holiday cheer. Savor the day! Like my sister wrote many years ago on a picture of my Pops that she had framed and gave to each of my siblings after he passed.

Love is a circle, a wonderous chain to be given and given and given again...

To which I added when I turned that phrase into a song...

It don't cost nothing, love is free, I'll give ya some mine , give some to me...give that love away, give that love away...give it away today!

Oh, yeah.

I'd think the vocal might have been picked up a little better with a mic down low, aimed up, but a tiny nit. It was really nice. Thanks.

Oh, yeah.

I'd think the vocal might have been picked up a little better with a mic down low, aimed up, but a tiny nit. It was really nice. Thanks.

LOL Yeah I've been messing round with the various ways...It's set up probably a bit too hot so that I can fade away and it still picks up...( you can sometimes hear the keyboard clattering) going back n forth with the harmony mic ( always on ) and the verb mic. I've been experimenting on a ton of songs ...I may go back to the traditional way of pointing the mic...using the harmonizer as I do ( always on and the harmonies triggered by what notes I play via midi) to my knowledge I am the only one doing it. Everyone else just uses one mic and turns them off an on when they want the harmonies...I like that I can fade in fade out...the midi trigger thing adds another layer of difficulty because the normal chords and bass notes I play can hose the harmonies..truly like learning to play a new instrument but the results can be spectacular....sometimes...when the clams come they suck...caveat emptor This style of playing can not be done with a PA, headphones only ..the harmony mic picks up the PA and it sounds like hell...

So...... I finally figured out how to get that usb mixer to provide a live stereo audio feed to my iPhone...It was a rush rush put up some kind of a backdrop and press record...two goes at it ..a few clams, not exactly what I was shooting for but good enough for the girls I dance with....just wanted to get a version of this out before Christmas or I'd have to flog myself for analysis paralysis / fear of pressing the record button.....

A little later yesterday ...it was frosting sugar cookies with the grand kids......what a life!View attachment 107636

Great video, TAE! The Chistmas Song is my all time favorite.
That's an awesome photo of you and your grandkids!

Fantastic! What a beautifully grumbley voice aand great big smiles on the family ?

Merry Christmas to you all, God Bless from sunny Glasgow

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Really nice version of The Christmas Song, which I call Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire.

Years ago I wrote an acoustic Christmas song. I'm not religious, but I found it strange how saying Christmas is not acceptable anymore. Even way back when they had Happy Holidays. But, you could still say Christmas. Because of this I always say Merry Christmas. If they don't like it, they can...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love the concept and lyrics..

Agree 100% and I too say Merry Christmas everywhere I go and many times I get the retort back after they have already said the politically correct "Happy Holidays"...Likewise not "religious" but am very spiritual. I am very confident based upon my own personal experiences that there is way more going on here than we are capable of understanding in the physical state we are imprisoned in while we exist in this dimension. I was raised Catholic and and totally believe Christ was a real person of which the religion that evolved from his existence is in the roots of America. So we boomers grew up in a very Christian world...So many things are being forced to be changed to fit into todays politically correct "don't want to offend anybody" keyhole..I don't think it is right and I think it is important for people to know and respect what Christmas was originally about, the cool story that goes with it and to minimize or try and erase that pisses me off.

I don't believe this but let's just say that Jesus was made up like Batman, Superman. To force a change of story because some people don't like the story of batman or superman is lame..Batman is Batman, Superman is Superman, Jesus is Jesus and each has a story...It just happens that a lot of Jesus fans decided to create a celebration of his birth and the story of why he came to earth and called it Christmas. Kind of like a annual Star Trek convention...and for 800 years they had these Star Trek conventions on the same date every year and suddenly people that were Batman fans said it is offensive to just celebrate Star Trek...lets call it happy super hero day...

OK maybe not making a lot of sense or a great argument but I just don't dig that in a matter of 30 years the Politically correct have bamboozled the general public into buying into the idea that what we have been calling and celebrating for 100's years as Christmas is just not right...it's not fair... weird...

Holy Moses! :eek:

I wrote this one about 10 years ago regarding the subject...again I am not "religious" but I love the story of Jesus and all that he represents as far as being a good, kind loving person...and spreading the message that the greatest commandment is "Love one another".

Look at the baby in the manger
He's gonna die at the hands of strangers
Came to this world to save us from ourselves

See the three wise men riding in the night
Following the star so bright
Bearing gifts of Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh

It's Christmas Time
I can tell by the lines in the department stores
Merry Christmas
Hope you remember what Christmas is for
]
It's the birthday of Jesus
Jesus Christ
Born in a manger in Bethlehem
He came to save us
Every one, in every land

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah the king has come, the king has come.

The lyrics make more sense when they are sung to the music I wrote for it but I just didn't get enough time to do this one this year...I will get it recorded now that I have this mixer to iPhone thing figured out...

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Just curious, anyone else here have the tradition of Oyster Stew at Christmas? Mm, oyster stew, makes my stomach happy.

Love the concept and lyrics..

Agree 100% and I too say Merry Christmas everywhere I go and many times I get the retort back after they have already said the politically correct "Happy Holidays"...Likewise not "religious" but am very spiritual. I am very confident based upon my own personal experiences that there is way more going on here than we are capable of understanding in the physical state we are imprisoned in while we exist in this dimension. I was raised Catholic and and totally believe Christ was a real person of which the religion that evolved from his existence is in the roots of America. So we boomers grew up in a very Christian world...So many things are being forced to be changed to fit into todays politically correct "don't want to offend anybody" keyhole..I don't think it is right and I think it is important for people to know and respect what Christmas was originally about, the cool story that goes with it and to minimize or try and erase that pisses me off.

I don't believe this but let's just say that Jesus was made up like Batman, Superman. To force a change of story because some people don't like the story of batman or superman is lame..Batman is Batman, Superman is Superman, Jesus is Jesus and each has a story...It just happens that a lot of Jesus fans decided to create a celebration of his birth and the story of why he came to earth and called it Christmas. Kind of like a annual Star Trek convention...and for 800 years they had these Star Trek conventions on the same date every year and suddenly people that were Batman fans said it is offensive to just celebrate Star Trek...lets call it happy super hero day...

OK maybe not making a lot of sense or a great argument but I just don't dig that in a matter of 30 years the Politically correct have bamboozled the general public into buying into the idea that what we have been calling and celebrating for 100's years as Christmas is just not right...it's not fair... weird...

Holy Moses! :eek:

I wrote this one about 10 years ago regarding the subject...again I am not "religious" but I love the story of Jesus and all that he represents as far as being a good, kind loving person...and spreading the message that the greatest commandment is "Love one another".

Look at the baby in the manger
He's gonna die at the hands of strangers
Came to this world to save us from ourselves

See the three wise men riding in the night
Following the star so bright
Bearing gifts of Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh

It's Christmas Time
I can tell by the lines in the department stores
Merry Christmas
Hope you remember what Christmas is for
]
It's the birthday of Jesus
Jesus Christ
Born in a manger in Bethlehem
He came to save us
Every one, in every land

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah the king has come, the king has come.

The lyrics make more sense when they are sung to the music I wrote for it but I just didn't get enough time to do this one this year...I will get it recorded now that I have this mixer to iPhone thing figured out...

Nice lyrics.

I bought the Rita Hayworth Collection. I was never a fan, and wouldn't really watch any of her films. But, I'll buy any old film on blu ray. Every film gets better and better. I'm up to Salome. I know Hollywood takes liberties. I've heard (I tried reading the Bible once. I didn't get far) the stories of Jesus turning water into wine and healing the sick. In this film Jesus made a blind man see. If that story actually happened, then Jesus was much more than a man. Because in 2020 that's still not possible. Did it actually happen? I don't know. If it did, there's a lot of people gonna be burning after they pass this earth.

Just curious, anyone else here have the tradition of Oyster Stew at Christmas? Mm, oyster stew, makes my stomach happy.

I've had a few oyster dishes, but never stew. That's sounds delicious. For Christmas Eve my wife makes Shrimp cocktail, scampi, and breaded/fried. It's a shrimp extravaganza. For dessert sticky toffee pudding. It's one dish England should be extremely proud of.

Sounds interesting but never had it or heard of it here in States...Is it like clam chowder? Cream sauce or not?

To Snowman's remark on the Sticky Toffee pudding again not familiar with it but sounds fun...please describe.

In the U.S. for most of my life it was always a turkey or ham...recent years we've turned it up a notch and have been roasting a prime rib...damn delicious but this year most of the family is one plant based "healthy" earth conscious diets. soooo more meat for me! They most all consumed some but we had a lot more left over than we have had in the past...normally pie of some sort afterwards but this year just fresh baked Chocolate cookies...a great time was had by all..I had digitized about 70 old family videos going back 30+ years to when my two girls were little...started streaming them after dinner...fun discovery...my one daughter married a guy she went to school with most of her life...they really didn't know each other until mid high school. There that schmuck was in a few videos when he was 9 years old in a school play I had filmed and another when he was @ 16 at a high school rally where he had participated in a skit...the only video of his childhood he has ever seen. My grandkids loved it....

Back