McCartney hits # 1 at 76?

CoolCat

morning news said McCartney hit another # 1 with Egypt Station.

hes like 76 yrs old and so isnt this a Guiness World Record or something?

I checked out 3 of the songs on free youtube and they are fresh recordings, pop with guitars etc...
the recordings sound great, clear and punchy.

Billboard 200 is weekly rating, sales and streaming . the 200 is over all genres combined or something.

it must be nice to have a job you dont want to retire from, I assume thats the situation, I dont think he needs the money.
I work with a couple old 77 yr olds who could retire but they dont want to go home to their wife 24hrs a day. They said they did it once and it was horrific, so they came back to work until death.

not that theres anything wrong with that.

Eminem seems to have hit # 1, hes up there in the age too, Drake sat at # 1 for a long time....

a # 1 at 76 yrs old in the Billboard 200, isnt that a first?

edit> googled age is a young 76, not 80

Last edited:
The last demo, I Don't Know, was nice. I see Paul squeezed in a few retro flourishes on the bass here and there - those sounded like different guitars, apart from the main body of the songs.

Just copied and pasted from Wikipedia:

Age records

Louis Armstrong (age 62 years, 279 days) is the oldest artist to top the Hot 100. He set that record with "Hello, Dolly!" on May 9, 1964.

Cher (age 52 years, 297 days) is the oldest female artist to top the Hot 100. She set the record with "Believe" on March 13, 1999.[137] The previous record holder was Grace Slick of Starship, who was 47 years, 156 days old when their hit "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" began its two-week reign on April 4, 1987.

Michael Jackson (age 11 years, 155 days) is the youngest artist to top the Hot 100. He achieved the record, as part of the Jackson 5, with "I Want You Back" on January 31, 1970.

Stevie Wonder (age 13 years, 89 days) is the youngest solo artist to top the Hot 100. He set the record with "Fingertips Pt. 2" on August 10, 1963.

Little Peggy March (age 15 years, 50 days) is the youngest female artist to top the Hot 100. The song which established this record for her was "I Will Follow Him", which reached #1 on April 27, 1963.

Fred Stobaugh (age 96 years, 23 days) is the oldest living artist to chart on the Hot 100. He was featured on the Green Shoe Studio song "Oh Sweet Lorriane", which ranked at #42 on September 14, 2013.[138] The previous record was held by Tony Bennett, who was 85 years, 59 days old when his song "Body and Soul", a duet with Amy Winehouse, ranked at #87 on October 1, 2011.

French-born Jordy Lemoine (age 5 years, 156 days) is the youngest artist to chart on the Hot 100. He established the record when his song "Dur dur d'être bébé! (It's Tough to Be a Baby)", where he is credited simply as Jordy, entered the chart on June 19, 1993.[139][140]

Asahd Khaled (age 132 days) is the youngest producer to chart on the Hot 100, as an executive producer for the album Grateful by DJ Khaled. The album's first single "Shining" featuring Jay-Z and Beyoncé entered the Hot 100 at #62 on March 4, 2017. He also became the youngest producer to earn a Hot 100 #1 (age 209 days) when the album's second single, "I'm the One" featuring Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, and Lil Wayne, debuted atop the chart dated May 20, 2017.[141][142]

List of Billboard Hot 100 chart achievements and milestones - Wikipedia

Back