Jeff Buckley

Mudbug

17th Nov 1966, Born on this day, Jeff Buckley, US singer songwriter, (1995 album 'Grace'). His singer songwriter father Tim Buckley, died on 29th June 1975 of a heroin and morphine overdose. Jeff Buckley drowned on 29th May 1997 in Wolf River Harbor on the Mississippi River - during a spontaneous evening swim - wearing boots and all of his clothing. More on Jeff Buckley here: Jeff Buckley

We have a Christmas morning sea swim at home. The water is about 8 degrees. There's normally ambulanace on hand though. My mate brought his Mrs one year - she was from Ghana - she turned a kind of grey colour.

Moral of the story - don't swim in cold water unsupervised 'cos you might die.

Grace is still an album that I hold closely. I can't listen to it too often because of some associations with a previous life. But it's a gem of an album, a note-perfect study in obsessive-compulsive dedication to laying out one's artistic vision. I'd love to know where Jeff would be today if he hadn't made that one foolish mistake.

We know. The point of the thread was?

I didn't spend too much time on it, but how does a guy who made one album have 17 different things for sale on Amazon?

Good point - although we usually call them an ambiwlans where I'm from.

I've got a picture of a Welsh ambiwlans somewhere filed away, from the one and only time I've been to Wales. Also a picture of a dead sheep, which seemed like a good idea at the time.

I've got a picture of a Welsh ambiwlans somewhere filed away, from the one and only time I've been to Wales. Also a picture of a dead sheep, which seemed like a good idea at the time.

I have a picture of white dog poo taken on Tenerife, for the very same reason.

Well, I get ambiwlans, and tacsi, but where the hell does Heddlu come from? :D

Its 'cos there's already a word for Police in the original language so they didn't just have to adopt English words into the Welsh alphabet.

I have a picture of white dog poo taken on Tenerife, for the very same reason.

I'd like to clarify that I was in no way responsible for the sheep's demise.

I have a further two photos in Wales of note. One is of me chasing a herd of sheep down a steep rural road towards a bend... the second is of me walking back in front of a herd of sheep, trying to pretend I hadn't just been chasing them down the road, with the farmer in the background... good times...:laughings:

Back