Jeff Buckley

Is that in Cardiff? It looks kinda familiar but its obviously changed a lot since then.

Is that in Cardiff? It looks kinda familiar but its obviously changed a lot since then.

I think so. It's dated 21/4 on the back, but I didn't put the year in, however based on the girl that appears in various of the photos of that trip, I'm thinking very late 80s, very early 90s.

We know. The point of the thread was?

I didn't spend too much time on it, but how does a guy who made one album have 17 different things for sale on Amazon?

I think 15 of them are probably live recordings. He included so many covers in his sets that it probably provides just about enough variation to keep churning out new product.

Also, his mum controls his estate and she's not exactly shy about repackaging the same thing over and over to keep squeezing milk from the cash cow...

I'd like to clarify that I was in no way responsible for the sheep's demise.

I have a further two photos in Wales of note. One is of me chasing a herd of sheep down a steep rural road towards a bend... the second is of me walking back in front of a herd of sheep, trying to pretend I hadn't just been chasing them down the road, with the farmer in the background... good times...:laughings:

Presumably with hands in pockets and whistling nonchalantly?

I think 15 of them are probably live recordings. He included so many covers in his sets that it probably provides just about enough variation to keep churning out new product.

Also, his mum controls his estate and she's not exactly shy about repackaging the same thing over and over to keep squeezing milk from the cash cow...

There must be a fair bit of unreleased and live stuff about. I have Grace and Sweetheart The Drunk (unfinished 2nd album) but after reading this thread I've just started listening to Jeff Buckley on the web while sitting at my desk. Loads of stuff I've never heard before keeps coming on.

There must be a fair bit of unreleased and live stuff about. I have Grace and Sweetheart The Drunk (unfinished 2nd album) but after reading this thread I've just started listening to Jeff Buckley on the web while sitting at my desk. Loads of stuff I've never heard before keeps coming on.

Yeah, I've got those two as well. Sketches for My Sweetheart had some great melodies on (possibly better than Grace), but the mixes do have a kind of demo-y feel to them. I read somewhere he was apparently planning on burning those tapes just before he died as he was really unhappy with them, so clearly didn't want them releasing and who knows what he had in mind for the second record?

Definitely had a great ear for a cover and from a wide range of styles - Big Star, MC5, Edith Piaf, Van Morrisson, Tim Buckley, The Smiths etc etc etc

I liked Grace but I think its all added to with his death...hed prolly have made some shitty albums by now and be universally panned ;)

Back